I often travel to Visakhapatnam on business and have been frequenting the city for the last year or so. I have experienced most of the hotels in the city (as I like to check out the varied options that a city has to offer). This time around, i decided to stay at The Park hotel. Stayed there for 5 days. It was an experience that was unparalleled. This hotel had a definite character to it. Very friendly and welcoming staff, made me feel as if I belonged there. I was given a room with a fantastic view of the ocean. The view from the room is picture perfect. Green of the landscapped lawns, yellow sands, blue of the sea merging into the blue sky, with a few palm trees swaying in the breeze adding to the finishing touch. Add to that the ships anchored not so very far away. This is actually the only hotel situated on the beach with an access to the sea. None of the other hotels in town provide this. I experienced sunrise early in the morning without even getting up from the bed. The food ~ well I was actually surprised at the options that I could choose from. Each of the hotel's restaurants was an experience in itself. The coffee shop Vista, had an amazing breakfast spread, and offered a menu which had a fair variety of Western cuisine. And the view from the restaurant, well "amazing" once again. Bamboo Bay restaurant with a shack on the beach was really a stress buster in the evening. The Indian fair was really comendable but just imagine sitting just 50 yards from the sea water line under a beach shack and gorging on grills and roasts. Suuuppperrrbbbb !!!! After a long hard stressfull and tiring day, one really needs to find a place quite and serene with the sound of the waves to keep you company. And the shack became a favourite. The hotel has a poolside restaurant also named Aqua. I found myself one evening trying out the Pizzas that they were serving out from the oven on display over there. One can actually see a pizzaa being made out of a wood fired oven. One of the Managers came over seeing my interest and informed me that this particular restaurant by the poolside served a total Italian fare. I could see lots of foreigners sitting there having their wines and enjoying there food.The hotel also has a very cosy bar called Someplace Else. Great music and warm ambience. I noticed lot of recreation facilities in the hotel. On detailed enquiry, I was told that one could choose between a game of croquet on the lawns, table tennis, tennis, beach volleyball. There is a giant chess board on the lawns. Mistaking it just as a display, I was pleasantly surprised to see people actually playing a game of chess over a few drinks. The pool is neat and clean, and attached to it is a great gym. At the end of my 5 days, i realised that i spent more time in the neatly maintained open beach side areas of the hotel than my room. With a fantastic experience like this there is no room for complaint. The hotel actually offers an experience in totallity which is total value for money. And the hotel is priced reasonable for a 5 star. Surely my home henceforth during all my visits to Vishagapatnam in future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park Visakhapatnam is an urban beach resort overlooking the Bay of Bengal. The surrounding scenic beauty is a treat to the senses and creates a very tranquil atmosphere ideal for unwinding after a hard day’s work. The resort has a private beach area and beautifully manicured gardens with tiled pavilions.One may be forgiven to think that this resort is primarily for the leisure tourist however this is not the case, in fact quite the opposite - majority of the hotel’s guests come on work-related activities. The hotel is conveniently located and offers swift access to the city’s local railway and airport facilities (15 and 30 mins away respectively by car).The dining experience that you get here offers an unparalleled experience enhanced by the backdrop of orange sunsets and the glittering calmness of the sea. Bamboo Bay in its refurbished avatar reflects the rich ethnic heritage of East Indian tribal culture in a uniquely chic way. While Vista offers a highly appetising spread ranging from Pan-Indian to authentic Italian gourmet food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Park Visakhapatnam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Park Visakhapatnam Hotel Visakhapatnam
- Park Hotel Visakhapatnam
- The Park Hotel Visakhapatnam