“Nice business hotel by the beach”

The Gateway Hotel Beach Road
Ranked #10 of 72 Hotels in Visakhapatnam
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I am reviewing this with delay. Perhaps, I was not into Tripadvisor when I visited this hotel during one official trip. I found it fine, especially my room had beach view and walking to the beach just across the street was a delightful activity in the evening. Dinner at Ming Garden was good, too. Complimentary breakfast had decent spread. I stayed for 1 day and found the staff to be courteous as well as room service, etc. to be fine. Check-in was smooth and so was check-out.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Souvik_Bhattacharya, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel Beach Road, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sparing your precious time to share your feedback.

It is encouraging to know you enjoyed your visit with us during your recent trip to Vizag.

Thank you for complimenting the quality of food at Ming Garden and above all, the level of services at the hotel. It will indeed be my pleasure to share your words of appreciation with the team at the hotel. It is especially encouraging to know that you enjoyed our breakfast spread, as we also have an “Active breakfast” to complement the existing spread that cuts across regions to cater to different palates.

All of us at the Gateway hotel, Visakhapatnam appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back and assure you the best of services and facilities.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We had several choices as there are no. of hotels in the same area. Decided on this one and glad we did !! The service was outstanding, and flawless. Every staff we met was 'at our service ' and more.. We felt as if we were VIPs, never a no for any request. While ordering room service on the second day, we forgot to order for my elderly mother..the order taker actually reminded me since I had ordered the evening before!! The hotel is well maintained, clean & hygienic. Room linen and towels smell of freshness, even the lobby washrooms are spic & span all the time. The food is great. Even the General Manager personally welcomed us & helped us decide on our dining options. Have visited similar priced hotels around this one.. Some newer.. But no comparison to the service we received here. Depends on what you are looking for.. If it's a lovely, efficient & warm experience - this is the one!!

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

It is encouraging to know you enjoyed your visit with us during your recent trip to Vizag and found our services, the upkeep and maintenance of the hotel measure to your expectations.

I would also like to thank you for your kind words of appreciation and compliments, especially for my colleague from Room Service in particular, who I shall be delighted to share your kind thoughts with.

All of us at the Gateway hotel, Visakhapatnam appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Vizag.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Good property, Great food and excellent service. The rooms are spacious and well kept. The staff at reception or at the resturants are very coordial. The food served in the resturants are great.Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Souvik_Bhattacharya, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel Beach Road, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us during your visit to Vizag and found our level of services and quality of food, measure to your satisfaction. Rest assured me and my team will strive to keep it that way.

Your kind words of appreciation mean a lot and I shall share the same with my colleagues, as they are a constant source of inspiration for all of us to further excel in our journey of delighting our esteemed guests.

All of us at the Gateway hotel, Visakhapatnam look forward to welcoming you back and assure you the best of services and facilities.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have stayed in Suite at this hotel and mind you, it is an amazing place to stay. A large living area, a large sized King Bed, 2 rest rooms, 1 big balcony opening up the amazing vizag beach.. what a place to stay. Service is very nice and staff are very friendly. Food served in the room was exceptionally well and worth every penny i paid for..I hope to come back to this place time and again when possible...

Room Tip: Suites in the upper floor are the best
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sasikiran
Souvik_Bhattacharya, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel Beach Road, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to note you have enjoyed your stay with us during your recent trip to Vizag and our services & food measured to your expectations. We appreciate your kind words of appreciation as the same will go a long way in our continuous journey of excellence.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Gateway Hotel in the future and partake in creating many more memories for you to cherish.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The property is in a great location , the view from the balcony of the suites are amazing. Food is always great be it oriental or Indian. Chinese food is just too good and never miss the opportunity to try the freshest of the sea food specially the lobsters and the crabs - just yammy. Staff are very cordial and helpful .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Souvik_Bhattacharya, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel Beach Road, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to note that you found the location of the hotel and services measured to your expectations and enjoyed the view from the balcony of your suite. We would also like to thank you for complimenting the quality of food at our restaurants.

We appreciate your kind words of appreciation as the same will encourage us to strive further in our continuous journey of excellence.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Gateway Hotel in the future and assure you the best of services and facilities.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Been there in this property from 02/07/2014 to 04/07/2014. Checking was smooth and excellent. Meet and clean rooms. Very cooperative staff. Good breakfast. Overall this is a property worth staying.
Narayanan

Room Tip: This property gives value for money.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank amborummal

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to note you have enjoyed your stay with us during your recent trip to Vizag and our services & rooms measured to your expectations. It is especially encouraging to know that you enjoyed our breakfast spread, as we also have an “Active breakfast” to complement the existing spread that cuts across regions to cater to different palates.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have been to Gateway Vizag few times and have always felt the warmth and affection from everyone which makes me feel at Home.Harsh Rathore is like my best friend and displays amazing dedication towards all his guests.

Delicious food at Ming is an added asset to this Place.

All In All A Complete Home !!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Souvik_Bhattacharya, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel Beach Road, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your precious time and sharing your valuable feedback.

I am delighted to know you enjoyed your recent visit to our hotel.
Thank you for complimenting the quality of food at the Ming Garden and the services rendered by Harsh, my colleague at the Front Office.