Hotel Vijay Shree Deluxe
Priceline
The Panache(Patna)
US$100
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed here a few nights whilst visiting the Sonepur Fair... It's not really ideal for it.

My room was big and fairly clean - bathroom a bit mucky in places ie sink.
The bed/mattress was comfy, sheets were always changed daily.
There were 5(!) power points, working too and most were at a reasonable height or close to desk, bed etc.
A fridge to cool your drinks.
2 fans, and an a/c unit working.
Staff always smiled, no one seemed to understand much English.
A few toilettries were provided - tubes of shampoo, soap etc.. but they forgot one major one. No toilet roll. Asked a bell boy for some but I don't think they provide? (just try finding some in the shops!)

Shower - hot/cold water labeling wrong way round, but hot hater straight away once I noticed.

Breakfast was complimentary and I like mine simple - toast, coffee, juice.
The staff looking after the breakfast room pre cook the toast (several times through one of those horrid conveyor toasters) and then put the finished product back into the bread bag, resulting in stale bread whether or not you want to warm it through again.. It's vile!
The breakfast room is also used as a dining room, I was under the impression there were two dining areas, but just got pointed to the same one whether or not I wanted to eat breakfast or dinner.
Chicken curry was one dish I tried, really nice although too hot, I made them take my French Fries back after they dusted them in that cr*p that they do in a lot of places (what is that stuff?)
Staff did try hard to please though, so all is well there.

I can't see me visiting Patna again in the near future, If I did, I'm not sure about coming back to Shree Vijay. It just wasn't easy to communicate to staff (and I'm not suggesting that that is their fault).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank spud-UK
Hotel_Vijay_Shree, Manager at Hotel Vijay Shree Deluxe, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to provide us your feedback.

1. We have taken care of the Hot/Cold water issue.
2. We have also warned the waiter against such malpractices as the incidence of the toast. We will be more careful in future.
3. We always provided complementary toilet rolls(but on request) there must have been some confusion.
4. There are two restaurants one pure veg.-cum-South Indian and other is Multi-cuisine non-veg-cum-buffet breakfast area.(and since your requirement must have been for non veg food hence you were repeatedly shown the same area.

Please accept my regrets for your previous experiences and hope that you will give us opportunity in your future visits to satisfy you.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I stayed for 1 night 14th Aug 2013 and my experience is terrible.The service is poor and unprofessional , staffs are not trained , the food is bad. I stayed in their Royal Category room and the room had lots of small cockroches. The TV was a small size LCD. The complementory breakfast is served in a basement room which is very dirty and unhygenic actually a stinking room where I refused to have and forced them to serve in my room.The breakfast spread is very very poor, overall a very bad hotel.Not at all value for the tariff they charge.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank sugeet

Dear Sir,

Thank you for letting us know of our drawbacks....we are taking care of it as per you feedback.

The Buffet Breakfast area has been changed as per our schedule.

How ever if you may please guide as to what else to provide apart from out buffet menu below so that we will look into it.

PURI / HING KACHORI
MASALA CHACH
IDLI SAMBAR
EGG(AS PER CHOICE)
TEA / COFFEE

I do hope that you will stay with us in future and give us a chance to satisfy you.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

On my recent trip to Patna, I decided to stay at this hotel as it was the closest to my office and my office colleagues also recommended it. The room was OK, seemed to have been recently renovated. The restaurant at the basement was OK but the lighting was not up to the mark.
The revelation was the newly opened South Indian Restaurant on the ground which seems to have become very popular with the local office going crowd within a very short span of time.

Room Tip: Choose a room after thorough checking, some of the rooms are rather shabby.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank WanderingIndian
Hotel_Vijay_Shree, General Manager at Hotel Vijay Shree Deluxe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Thank you for patronising us. And I do hope that you will continue staying with us in your future trips to Patna. We are continually upgrading our property to be able to serve all our guests better and to their "satisfaction".

Reviewed 13 June 2013

An average business hotel in the the city, nothing more nothing less. Rooms on the upper floor are better and well constructed, the lower floor rooms are dingy and weird, buffet breakfast is served in the basement restaurant which is not at all clean and rat infested. The service is good only if you pay tip otherwise it’s not. The advantage of this hotel is that it’s right in the middle of the city and easily accessible. The south Indian restaurant in the hotel is pretty descent. The hotel needs a lot of improvement in terms of trained staff, cleanliness and service.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms on upper floor!!!! They are much better.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Hotel_Vijay_Shree, Manager at Hotel Vijay Shree Deluxe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2015

Greetings!!!

Thank You for staying with us, reviewing us and pointing the areas of improvement.

Looking forward to serving you during your future visits to Patna.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

considering the tarriff we thought to get a good experience of stay in this hotel but after cheking in we realised we waisted money for nothing , the hotel is not comfortable at all. Food is not so good the reception lobby is not properly maintained, even the staying rooms have spotted walls,airconditioner gor off in midnight (may be to adjust bill) staff is not cooperative .

Room Tip: avoid it as its not a return of ur money
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business