OYO 808 Hotel Alora
Hotel Mountview(Chandigarh)
US$124
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Earlier this month I had stayed at this hotel along with my other colleagues as we were in the city for some official work...our check in was smooth nd within seconds we were in our rooms....the rooms are great looking as I was told that they have been newly renovated which included big screen LCD tvs and new linen and wallpapers etc....to add to our comfort we had free wifi internet as we had to send nd receive important emails.....food was grt as d inhouse restaurant sweet peppers had a wide array of dishes.....all in all a grt experience. ...5 stars from my side....

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Dghs
hotelAntheia, General Manager at OYO 808 Hotel Alora, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your recent experience with us. I am glad that my team could make your stay comfortable. It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and I hope you will give us more chances to be of service to you in the near future. We look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

I had my stay in this lovely hotel. Good location, close to shops and restaurants. Nice decor and comfortable rooms, not very big but enough space. I had breakfast in the morning at the hotel's restaurant (Pepper Restaurant). Music was playing quietly and it was very relaxing. Good choice of food, all cooked fresh. Reception person are very kind and really helpful . All services are at the top . The wifi facility is really awesome. The General Manager, Mr. S. P. Mann is very nice n have very pleasant personality. Services are excellent!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank prabhsembhi

Dear Guest Thank you for the feedback and constructive comments.It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your recent experience with us.The entire staff and I thank you for being our valued patron and we look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed 5 January 2013

I stayed with my family in December. The stay was very comfortable and good room service.The food was excellent specialty Chinese. The staff was very courtiuos. This was my 5th visit in the hotel, but this time I found the rooms in new look.

Gulati

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sham G

Reviewed 24 December 2012

Last week i booked a room through makemytrip.com and wen i actually reached here and saw the hotel, it was much upto or can say exceeded my expectations....the staff treated us very nicely especially their manager Mr Navin who made us felt just like a home away from home...he guided as in all proper way to where to go around in the city and even booked a cab for us and when we came back tired, to our surprise he arrange for our dinner inside our room... I cant say about the odds other people have written in the review but for me its a Destination Hotel when ever i will visit Chandigarh again...Thanks Hotel Antheia

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank esspeemann

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Room confortable by indian strandarts, but noisy air conditionning, particularly when the compressor switches on et off, so don't expect sleeping without efficient ear-plugs. Very dirty windows covered by manure from the pigeons who also elected this hotel for they (long) stay.

Clean room but dirty common areas (bar, restaurant) with worn out furniture that was probabley never cleaned since its purchase.

Avoid the restaurant, where I got my only ( and severe) food intoxication in India (total cumulated stays > 4 months, eating frequently in very basic places). We were the only customers, potatoes were rotted, and the output is definitely insufficient to warranty the freshness of the ingredients, although it charges about the double of the usual price. There is a kind of self-service restaurant 2 blocks behind the hotel, which is definitely a far better value.

To note that the hotel insisted in charging me my meal although is was only poisoning and let me lose and suffer one full day because of illness

Nothing useful aroud like shops, cyber-cafe, or bars. There are definitely beter places to stay in Chandigarh.

Room Tip: chose another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank pvull

We are disappointed to see your feedback. We obviously have failed in ensuring that you have a great overall experience and I sincerely apologize for this. We are very sorry to read that your stay at our hotel didn´t completely fulfilled your expectations and we want to apologize for the inconvenience. We have taken steps to learn from your feedback. I do hope you will come and visit us again to experience our services at their best. We look forward to welcoming you back again.