JW Marriott Hotel Chandigarh
US$91
US$45
TripAdvisor
1,514 results
All reviewsthe executive loungemanoj sharmasaffron restaurantrooftop poolindian foodamazing hospitalityluxury hotelbreakfast buffetrooms are spaciousroom servicespecial thanksspecial mentionin room diningcoffee shopexcellent hotelbusiness tripfront office
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have travelled world over and thought I'd pretty much seen everything in terms of best service standards - then I found JW Marriott Chandigarh!
First the hotel itself. This a well appointed, top end hotel. The quality of rooms as well a facilities (like the pool and gym) cannot be faulted. Once can arrange hotel transport or use services like Mega cabs for getting around. The food is superb and we tried both in-room dining as well as their buffet's. All this is at an International standard and one would expect little else. The location is also pretty central.
However, I was blown away by the quality of service. From the reception, to the restaurant, to the pool and any other staff, went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. The staff both ask to help and also respond promptly to any requests. I repeat myself when I say this is standard that surpasses the best in the world. Just fantastic service, makes everything else easy. I hope they keep this standard up and take it to the rest of the Marriott group who could learn a thing or two from this operation.

Room Tip: Make sure to use the 6th floor roof pool at some point.
3  Thank Hardeep-st
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I visited this hotel with my family in August 2014, simply put, it is one of the best hotels I have stayed in anywhere in the world. The staff are fantastic especially family friendly. They go out of the way to help you, if you are going on a long journey, they automatically pack something for you in case you leave too early to enjoy your breakfast. The fitness club is top class and the rooftop infinity style pool are a delight and perfect way to get the pollution of your road journey out of your system. I am going to recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Wow! to be in chandigarh . One should not miss being to J W marriot, it is a nice place in itself and i would say a good attraction of chandigarh too.
Nice ambience, o ! what a fragrance when u enter and nice pretty girls as staff to welcome and guide u. I often visit this place for morning buffet and the food is amazing.
Especially the Italian food cooked by the Sardinia Chef---Antonello. He is a nice man and very friendly and cooks with his heart. Nice to try his special pizzas.

Over all JW Marriot is a nice place if u happen to be in chandigarh

Room Tip: Higher floors are better .
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed here for a night on the way to Dalhousie. I generally have very little to say about Marriott rooms and service - they always tend to be exceptional, and this was no exception...except for a few small issues.

Checkin was a breeze, and the service at checkin was fantastic. We were in our rooms in no time flat (other than the usual passport scanning etc. etc.) - perhaps checkin can be done in the rooms themselves in future?

The JW Cafe buffet provides great value for money for dinner - at first it seems like a massive and difficult spread, but it is manageable if you eat with your eyes first. Breakfast was equally good.

The gym is superb - although slightly bigger windows could have helped take in the early morning view of the shimmering mountains in the distance.

The hotel is apparently only 3.5 years old, but in some rooms it seems that no maintenance has been done since. The shower in my room seemed quite grimy - although I did not end up using it, opting instead for the rain shower (quite a plethora of bathing options in the room!). The window sills in other rooms I saw had what seemed like water damage - nothing a good polish won't fix.

Overall, though, a fantastic stay!

Room Tip: The view isn't spectacular either way - but I would avoid rooms 557 and 559 and maybe even 657 and 659 as they are right next to the pool and gym, so might be high traffic areas.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here for a short family vacation and I must say that property is fantastic, the rooms are surprisingly spacious and luxurious. Roof top pool though small but good for family fun. The only issue I find that the food doesn't do justice to the brand "Marriott" it can have more taste and flavors.

My biggest complaint is service (in-room service to be precise). If you make a call and expect a quick service then you are in for a shock. One has to make 3-4 follow up calls usually and then you get the service. We even had a mid night crisis too with the service though the management reverted to us with an apology which we accepted too.

But I must also say one thing about service that individual brilliance is what is kicking this place, whether its Front desk staff or even the staff in the restaurant they make it a point to delight you in all possible ways, I wish the same could be part of their over all functioning.

All in all we had a great time and would definitely return again and expect improved service levels.

Room Tip: See that you get a better view because certain rooms are facing an open ground where the drivers park vehicles and also freely relieve themselves in all directions at all times of the day.
1  Thank Inderbir S