“Just ok”

Ranked #37 of 100 Hotels in Chandigarh
Ludhiana, India
“Just ok”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

been there to show case my new samples as whole hotel was being used for booking purpose.
Hotel have nothing extra ordinary. all the regular stuff aprt from ocation which is good.
food in restaurant is again ok.
overall avoid is my call.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Kolkata
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Location wise this is in good location. This is the second time I am staying there. First experience was better. this time when we checked in the room the whole bathroom was flooding with water. after repeated follow up this was cleaned. I had to check out in early morning. Had to wake up the receptionist.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
chandigarh
Reviewed 3 May 2013

a very good hotel in the heart of the city chandigarh with a very cool and nice restaurant. rates are also under limit and food is awesome. i will prefer to have food over here. rooms are good and interiors are excellent. every room has its its own look...

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Shellharbour, Australia
Reviewed 23 April 2013

This hotel is a bit hard to find if coming by feet from Sector 17 center.

Hotel looks and feels like any European business class hotel so my first impressions were good.

My room #209 had bad wifi connectivity due to low signal from the router. I asked for a different room and they gave me #203, which had the same wifi issue and as an added bonus non-working AC.

I went outside for a walk and asked to fix the AC meanwhile. When I come back I ask the lady at the reception if the issues with the room have been fixed. She said yes, and I come to the room to witness that the issues are not fixed. I go downstairs and demand to talk with the hotel manager. I was told to wait in my room. Instead of the manager, the maintenance guy shows up in my room and after 15 mins of work he got the AC working.

Now, why was the AC not fixed during my absence as per my request? Why was I not offered a room upgrade or some other compensation for not being able to offer me a room which provides the things I paid for?

Breakfast was included in the room rate, the buffet had only indian dishes and juices and cakes. However omelets and toast was provided on request for no extra charge. Restaurant is a bit on the expensive side, full meal is close to 400 rupees without drinks. Food was great though the one time I ate there.

Overall I am a bit disappointed. This hotel would have so much potential if only the staff would be more customer service oriented and would try to fix issues and not to deny them.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed 22 April 2013

My family made this trip last year and I enjoyed this hotel. The reception staff were a bit confused by times, but friendly and nice. The food was average, nothing special or horrible and was delivered on time. We spent very little time at this hotel as we were out visiting friends but when we were there we enjoyed our time. The location was very central to everything and a huge benefit.
The price point was reasonable and when we requested additional supplis they were very quick and giving.
Very nice visit in all.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Chennai
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We spent on night in this hotel during a holiday trip across north of India.
The room : This is a LOUD hotel i.e. while we stayed there, there was a party on at the roof top that was very loud and went on till about 1-2 am. Following which we could hear people screaming, gigling, chatting rather loudly in the corridors. Hardly got any sleep. The minibar still had wrappers/empty cartons left over from the previous occupants of the room.

The location: The location of this hotel is rather ok as its walking distance from the rose garden in chandigarh.

The food : The breakfast buffet was average at best.

My suggestion : you can find better options in Chandigarh.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Chandigarh hotels

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We specnt two nights here in March 2013. The hotel is in Sector 17 but the shops are not exactly close by and the path to the shopping area is very poorly lit. Rooms were on the small side, food was pretty good if unexceptional and the bar is reasonably priced. The hotel is well priced for the location, but other hotels in the city (such as the Hotel President in Sector 22) offer better value for money.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family