Hotel Aquamarine
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$131
Hotel Orbit 34(Chandigarh)
US$35
US$30
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscoffee shopeating optionsvalue for moneyroom servicebreakfast spreadhotel staffbudget hotelaromaexecutivesectorambiencecleanlinesscafe
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Just stayed here for the night en route my drive to Amritsar and chose it purely basis its location (very close to sector 17 market and on the main road). Is a part of the very old Aroma hotel complex so is easily visible.

The rooms are a decent size and bathrooms are fairly large and more importantly, clean (New hotel, always an advantage). The TV choice was good (Tata Sky, all channels)

The hotel serves their breakfast at the Coffee Bean restaurant which is just passable. There is another restaurant (Spaghetti Kitchen) which we didn't get to try since it opens for lunch and later.

Front office staff was quite unhelpful and for practically anything you would ask them for "NO" was the immediate response. My car wash was something which they eventually said a "YES" but never happened even after 01 hour and 3 reminders to the front office.

Worse still, upon checkout I wasn't even presented with my bill and the hotel only made me sign their copy. The person at the front office was busy chatting on a personal call so I did not even ask for it.

All in all, don't expect too much from your stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Amit74
Reviewed 2 February 2013

My family of 5 stayed at this hotel in late December and we were very happy with our stay overall. Its very centrally located in Sector 22 and is in close vicinity of all major attractions and the airport too. We were given front facing rooms, and I found the vintage car on display at the hotel entrance very adorable :)

The food was excellent. The buffet breakfast at the coffee shop was a real sumptious spread. It was peak winter in Punjab and early morning there was thick fog which we could see outside our large window, but our room was extremely cozy and clean.

For the price, we found it worth it and worthy of a repeat stay. Staff is courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for front facing rooms on the higher floor
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2013

We booked 2 executive double rooms for stay from 25th Jan to 26th Jan and choose this hotel for its location only. We gave them a call 1 hour before we checked in but the rooms were not ready. When the rooms were handed over to us (room no 1002 and 1003) the bed sheets in both the rooms were full of hairs and staining , the furniture there and the couch both were also staining, furniture quality (the headboards) were also looking to be very old. For the next 45 minutes they keep on changing the bed sheets and couch which should have been done earlier.

The most horrible thing was that they got the table cleaned with thinner and the room started stinking with foul smell. As my parents were staying in that room i called up the reception and asked to change the room immediately. The same was done in next 15 minutes.On asking why they got it cleaned with thinner and not water they didnt had any reply.

In evening we found the that the dryer was not working in our room. On asking the hotel staff they checked and said that they would call an electrician and get it repaired. I asked them not to get it repaired as till that time i was irritated.

Next day while checking out i told about my experience to the manager who was least interested in listening to me and said that we got everything changed. i just told him that i didn`t came here to waste my time and this is not the kind of service i expected.

if you have your own car,never even think of staying here , only advantage location , rest everything poor.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank sumitkhandelwal85
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Really like this hotel. Before I stayed here I was in Shimla and stayed at a more expensive hotel that was quite a bit worse. The staff here are helpful and offered me a small discount. Room is always cleaned when I am not in it, and I don't get bothered at all. Quiet here even though they have wedding banquets at the weekend. WIFI is a little patchy sometimes but generally very quick. Great flatscreen TV in the room with all the sports channels and lovely shower. Breakfast could be improved though.

The Spaghetti House restaurant downstairs has great food and a very good member of staff in Lucky.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank twocutedogs
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I stayed one day at hotel after a long journey. The hotel is new and rooms are excellent. The location is hotel is prime and lot of food joints are also near by. The hotel staff is also very helpful. Only thing which is lagging is the WIFI speed.
The breakfast served is also very good. Its really the value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business