“Average”

Ranked #10 of 100 Hotels in Chandigarh
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Average”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights and my experience here was far better than my Radisson Blu Ludhiana, from where I had just checked out the same day morning. Housekeeping was good. Buffet was ok. Wi-fi was good. Overall a good experience. Location is in sector 17, though a little far from the main market. They have a night club "Hippodrome" though I did not visit the night club.

Room Tip: The online rates are better
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Gaurav T, General Manager at James Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Mr. Banerjee,

Namaste!

I would like to thank you for your valuable time spent in sharing such motivating feedback about the hotel on trip advisor. I shall definitely share the same with all concerned and compliment the housekeeping and kitchen team in person. We look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.

Gaurav Taneja

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Mumbai
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Room was very comfortable, clean, neat. Staff were very helpful. Room service was excellent and very helpful. Food was excellent. Only issue was with AC which was directly coming on the desk. Overall it was a fantastic hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Namaste!

It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest at Park Plaza Chandigarh. We look forward to welcome you back at the hotel. I am glad that team took good care of you and your guests. I would like to thank you for your time spent in sharing your feedback on trip advisor.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Let me start with the goods first:
- got the room of our choice
- baby food was provided on request without charge
- service requests were answered promptly
- staff were pleasent
- excellent location
- value for money
- allowed late checkout

the bads:

- found hair strands in the bathroom, bathroom was not adequetly stocked up with amenities, no santiry napckin provided even on request, closet had dust all over, untidy bed linen, no special pillow options, small 32 inch tv, coffee cups were broken and not immaculately clean.

- poor breakfast menu

- no baby sitter

- no kids play area

Room Tip: 6th flloor so could get a view of the surrounding hills.. try for the rose garden side.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Gaurav T, General Manager at James Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014

Namaste!

I would like to thank you for choosing Park Plaza Chandigarh as your preferred hotel for stay at Chandigarh. I thank you for your time spent in sharing such detailed feedback. We shall definitely continue maintain our standards on the points appreciated by you. Parallel to that I shall personally work with all concerned in uplifting housekeeping services. In the long run we shall definitely look at including kids area. I look forward to welcome you back at Park Plaza Chandigarh.

Manali, India
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed here from 25th June 2014 to 27th June 2014. Rooms were comfortable with all facilities. Room service was good except the house keeping. We have to wait and have to call up twice for afew things. Rest i would give 5 stars Quality of food is good.

Room Tip: Rooms are spacious and with good views
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mahir M

Namaste!

I would like to thank you for your time spent in sharing your valuable feedback on trip advisor. I have well noted your constructive feedback and shall definitely work with all concerned to elevate housekeeping services. I look forward to welcome you back in person at the hotel.

Delhi
Reviewed 15 July 2014

excellent property.. situated at a central location.. perfect weekend gateway spot.. with total piece.. absolute silence.. within greenery... nice hotel ambience... small but comfortable pool.. nice rooms... ample parking space.. nice and humble staff to take care of your needs... goo variety of breakfast....

Room Tip: room facing rose garden..
Dear Mr. Kapur,

Namaste!

I would like to thank you for choosing Park Plaza Chandigarh as your preferred hotel for stay at Chandigarh. I shall definitely share this motivating feedback with the hotel team and look forward to welcome you back in person at the hotel.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I visited the hotel with my family and I surely enjoy my stay following are the my point of view on the same

From outside it looks like an old Government building but when you reach in its change head over heels.

Staff is polite and courteous
Food is life line of every stay they scored full marks from me there. Met Amit the chef responsible for dinner and he made sure every thing was perfect.

Room service is good and prompt.

Only thing i didn't like was the lift lobby of floor on which i was staying as it looks it needed little care.

Overall experience was excellent however there staff itself increase your expectation with there service and support attitude that make you set the bar of excellence even higher

Namaste!

I would like to thank you for your time spent in sharing such detailed feedback on trip advisor. I shall definitely share this motivating feedback with my team. We shall definitely work on uplift of exteriors in near future within the Chandigarh administration byelaws. We look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Rooms need to be tidy. House keeping needs improvement. Staff highly courteous, well mannered, helpful and hospitable. Overall service/ room service quick. Carpets need to be cleaned and well kept in the rooms at least. Seating arrangements in the rooms need to redone/ relooked at. Overall comfortable

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank VIPIK
Gaurav T, General Manager at James Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014

Namaste!

I would like to thank you for choosing Park Plaza Chandigarh as your preferred hotel for stay at Chandigarh. I have taken note of the constructive feedback about the quality of housekeeping services in the guest rooms. I assure you that same will be addressed by me in person. Parallel to that I thank you once again for the motivating feedback about the hotel team. I look forward to welcome you back at the hotel in person.