“wow!”
Review of James Hotel

James Hotel
Ranked #10 of 100 Hotels in Chandigarh
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Dinning with cinnamon had a wonderful experience to made our evening enjoyable and got a nice service by cinnamon guys so that was a very good moment for us.again I would like to thanks each and every one for making our evening unforgettable Kudos to management!

Room Tip: very beautiful hotel
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Gaurav T, General Manager at James Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Namaste!

Thank you for your time spent in sharing such motivating feedback on trip advisor. I shall definitely compliment the Cinnamon team and look forward to welcome you back at the hotel in person. We shall definitely strive to maintain quality and consistency in our offer.

There are newer reviews for James Hotel

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Pros
- Great location
- Good breakfast (great array of choices)
- Courteous staff

Cons
- Did not cater to request initially placed or non smoking & rose garden facing room
- Chaos during breakfast (had to grab lounge seats) - Maybe due to the fact that there was a large wedding group who had booked most of the room. Could have been better managed.
- A/C in the room was ineffective - had to call room service to clear out the vent

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Gaurav T, General Manager at James Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Mr. Sudhir,

Namaste!

I would like to thank you for choosing Park Plaza Chandigarh as your preferred hotel for stay at Chandigarh. I have read and understood your detailed feedback and assure you that we would definitely look into planning during big group movement. I look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Non courteous staff ,very unorganized. They spoiled our mood write at the check-in time itself .
The staff really misbehaved with us.
Waiters banging on each other breaking crockery, very thing miss managed. Buff breakfast you had to wait for ages to get food .
The Mini bar was empty, we ordered masala tea and got coffee instead.
Really bad experience.

Namaste!

I would like to thank you for your time in sharing a detailed constructive feedback about your stay. I assure you that this detailed feedback will be addressed with all concerned and reviewed on regular basis. Front office and Food and beverage operations will definitely be monitored closely by me. I look forward to welcome you back in person at the hotel.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Pro's
1. Location & Connectivity
2. Rooms are good

Con's
1. Food - Average & overpriced
2. Staff - Front Desk / Sales - Below average. They can never understand a situation and will talk only on their terms and conditions. They Behave as if they are running a lodge service. Overall spoiled my stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Namaste!

I would like to thank you for choosing Park Plaza Chandigarh as a preferred hotel for stay at Chandigarh. I have understood your detailed feedback and assure you that same has been addressed with all concerned. We shall definitely look into the pricing on the next renewal. I look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel with family for two nights on independence day weekend.

Starting with the check-in, which was pretty smooth and quick.
Then comes the rooms, size of the rooms are massive as compared to other hotels in town.
Cleanliness, room service and all other things were taken care of very nicely.

Coming to the best part FOOD.
Very delicious indian and equally delicious chinese food in the hotel.
You don't need to worry about food once you are at park plaza chandigarh.

All in all, wonderfully satisfied.

highly recommended. .....

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mr. Amandeep,

Namaste!

I would like to thank you for choosing Park Plaza Chandigarh as your preferred hotel for stay at Chandigarh. I shall definitely share such motivating feedback with the team. We look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Our one night stay proved to be a very satisfying experience. The rooms are nice and the service is prompt. I was looking to book into the Taj but a last minute trip meant that rooms weren't available. Park Plaza proved to be a much better value-for-money choice and I would definitely recommend it to people visiting Chandigarh. I was very pleasantly surprised with the Szechuan restaurant - excellent Chinese food. The location of hotel is very convenient for shopping, walking and travel.

Room Tip: Choose the club rooms -- better equipped
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PrasadSanyal
Gaurav T, General Manager at James Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear Mr. Sanyal,

Namaste!

I would like to thank you for choosing Park Plaza Chandigarh as your preferred hotel for stay at Chandigarh. I shall definitely share such motivating feedback with my team. We look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I went to chandigarh for a weekend getaway with family. As soon as we reached Sector 17, we got lured by the Taj hotel's exterior and thought that to be Park Plaza. Soon we realised our mistake and went ahead on the same road to see an ok ok looking hotel from outside. But as we stepped in-OMG! it looked pretty, plush and classy...and I must say better looking than Taj from inside as I went to Taj the following day! The hotel had some good crowd and our rooms were beautiful too. As per Chandigarh standards, the room tariff is not much for the hotel that you get. Breakfast was a part of the room booking and trust me the best staff that I have ever encountered. They served us at the buffet as if we are their personal guests. The location also being excellent as it is the heart of the city with every other sector at 5-10 mins drive. For those of you who dont know much about Chandigarh..Sector 17 market is the most happening place in Chandi...and what better if it is right across this hotel. Thus, I highly recommend this hotel as its not as expensive as Taj..but I can say as good as Taj if not better.

Room Tip: All rooms are good looking...whatever pics of the good looking room you see online(booking.com etc...
2  Thank Punya88
Gaurav T, General Manager at James Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Namaste!

I would like to thank you for choosing Park Plaza Chandigarh as your preferred hotel for stay at Chandigarh. I have read your detailed feedback which is definitely very motivating. I shall share this with all my team members. I look forward to welcome you back in person at the hotel. I assure you that Park Plaza Chandigarh strives to provide quality product and services to all its guests.