“Excellent Hospitality...”

Taj Chandigarh
Ranked #6 of 99 Hotels in Chandigarh
“Excellent Hospitality...”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The first thing that would catch your attention is the way you are greeted and taken care off since the moment you enter into the hotel. There was a very positive environment. Rooms were nice and comfy , nothing extraordinary. Liked the interiors and decoration. Food was average. I was there for a 2 day workshop and the only thing i really disliked was that one of the food items was not replenished for 15 minutes during the high tea 1st day.Mistakes happen, but they seem to have a nice readdressal mechanism as my complaint was given due importance and the service was improved the next day.I would like to visit the hotel again sometime.

Room Tip: Nothing much to bargain for, but you may ask for a pool facing room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
GMTaj, General Manager at Taj Chandigarh, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback on the Tripadvisor.com. It was truly a pleasure to have you stay with us.

Whilst we are glad that the service standards, the rooms and the ambience were much appreciated by you, we are very sorry to learn that the quality of food did not meet your expectations neither was the food replenished on time. Please be assured that I have made a note of the issues mentioned by you and have taken it up with the concerned departmental heads for immediate rectification. Rest assured will take care in the future.
Your patronage to Taj Chandigarh is truly valuable and we will look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Chandigarh and promise you a seamless experience.

Surinder Singh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

This place is the worst in terms of servicing its clients. I say that because of my experience when i had visited them to book their banquet hall for a family function.

They made me come thrice and the first 2 times they told me that i would have to give a guarantee of 90 people for booking the banquet. And when i did give them the guarantee they tell me that its booked already.

And the snobbishness with which they greet their customers is just astonishing.

Really disappointed.

At the end the valet service was the cherry in the top of the cake. When i got my car from the valet it was stinking. God knows what they did in my car.

I expected more from a tata group enterprise, being a member of the same family a few years ago.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Ankit B
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback on Tripadvisor.com.

I wish to personally apologize for your disappointing experience at Taj Chandigarh, Chandigarh.

I can assure you that contrary to the impression you have gained from your experience, we are dedicated to always delivering warm hospitality and good service to all our guests. Unfortunately, on this occasion our service did not reflect the optimum standards that we continually endeavour to achieve.

Please be assured that post receiving your feedback we have reviewed our processes and taken the necessary corrective actions to ensure that we deliver the highest standards of service to all our guests. We have also heavily reinforced the importance of ‘customer sensitivity’ in our ongoing training programmes.

We truly value our guests and invite you to continue sharing your valuable feedback about the hotel and our services for our improvement. Please feel free to contact me directly on tcgm.chandigarh@tajhotels.com, my team and I look forward to continuing being of service to you as a valued guest.
I sincerely hope that you will not hold this experience against us and return to Taj Chandigarh.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I have been a regular here in 2012-13. It's a great place. Well appointed rooms, big in size. Good toilets. A big LCD on the wall. A huge window in every room gives a great view outside. The staff is very friendly and warm. The swimming pool on the 1st floor or maybe second, is good and quite big.
The Chinese restaurant churns out great food. The bar at the lobby level is a regular for city businessmen. The morning breakfasts are good. Nice variety at the buffet.
I will recommend anyone to stay here and you will be nice and comfortable here.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank NeelavSamratDe
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Taj Chandigarh and especially for the generous sentiments that you have expressed.

Many thanks for appreciating the services and facilities at the Taj Chandigarh. It pleases me enormously to know that the good services delivered by my capable team contributed towards your overall positive experience. It is also particularly good to know that the taste and quality of food met your expectations.

We truly appreciate your recommendations and hope to have you with us again soon.

Sandefjord, Norway
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Since the last time I visited there, I went again one more time. The last time I regretted within 15 minutes. However, this time around, I did not regret it. There is new management i believe. I did enjoy my stay and am happy to give a rating that is line with the current status.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kurtdigital
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time and sharing your review at the Tripadvisor.com. It was truly a pleasure to have you stay with us!

We very much appreciate your overall positive feedback from your stay and are glad that the improvements in the standards have been recognized and appreciated.

We endeavour to deliver the highest standards of service to all our guests at all times.

Your patronage to Taj Chandigarh is truly valuable and we will look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Chandigarh soon.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had organized a ring ceremony function of around 300 guests on 5th July 2014 (Saturday). (Gaurav and Vernika). Our experience at the Hotel was really very bad.

Firstly, the food was pathetic. Breads were either burnt or un-baked. We have many samples with us. The quality of food was such that even dogs would not eat it. Low food quality was shown to all Taj employees and to other guests in the Hotel. Everyone admitted on the poor quality of food.

Secondly, the waiter service was terrible. There was no one serving. Mr. Kewal (Incharge) confirmed that waiters and cooks are not Taj employees and are brought on daily wages. I am not aware that whether daily wagers are allowed in Taj Hotel or not. The other Incharge Mr. Yuvraj was very rude in serving and asked us to "Get Lost". We have the photographs of all the daily wagers

Thirdly, Mr. Snehal Arora charged everything in advance. And on complaining about the service and quality of food, he refused to entertain us and clearly said that he had received full payment and asked us to go to hell.

Fourthly, the behavior of all the incharge and responsible people over there were non-cooperative. They were simple saying, you can do what ever you can. Mr. Amrinder, Mr. Kewal, Mr. Yuvraj. They even refused us to take our complaint, nor they gave the number and email of GM, neither had they called some senior and responsible person. The staff was shouting and screaming at us. And the security incharge was even threatening us with dire consequences.

I would request everyone to never ever take services of Taj Chandigarh. Because after taking all payment in advance they will never treat you properly.

Thanks & Regards
Satish Garg
Mobile: 09878254146
Email: atulchd@gmail.com

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Atul1146
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback at the Tripadvisor.com.
It was a pleasure meeting up with you. Once again I wish to personally apologize for your disappointing experience at Taj Chandigarh.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night. It was a typical Taj experience with very helpful staff and great service.

Breakfast spread was great, as expected.

Overall good experience but didn't find anything extraordinary.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank askullu
GMTaj, General Manager at Taj Chandigarh, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your overall positive feedback from your stay and are glad that the service standards and the breakfast spread was much appreciated by you.

Your patronage to Taj Chandigarh is truly valuable and we will look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Chandigarh and promise you a ‘wow’ experience.

Delhi, India
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed from 24/06/2014 to 26/06/2014 (2 nights). As always, Taj keeps the same standard always. Check-in was very punctual. Rooms were very neat and tidy. Every things were in order. Breakfast is excellent. Staff very co-operative and attentive. In total this is an excellent property, worth staying.
Narayanan

Room Tip: Really a good place to stay.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank amborummal
GMTaj, General Manager at Taj Chandigarh, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for appreciating the rooms and the check in experience. It pleases me enormously to know that the good services delivered by my capable team contributed towards your overall positive experience. It is also particularly good to know that the dining experience was up to your expectations.

I trust that the Taj Chandigarh charm will attract you soon and it will be our pleasure to delight you yet again.