Ras Resorts Silvassa
Treat Resort(Silvassa)
  • Pool
Pluz Resort(Silvassa)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbadminton courtthe riverswimming poolbistro restaurantriver view roomdaman ganga riverlunch and dinnerwalking tracktable tennisup gradationspa facilitysmall balconyindoor gamesweekend breaknice propertynice poolexecutive room
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I have visited Ras Resorts on a few occasions this past year and every visit was great.. I'm very surprised by the negative experience of the reviewer below me.

My first trip was a weekend family get-away since its only 2 hrs from Mumbai. We were looking for a nice property, good service, food and on-site activities. We found Ras Resorts exceeded our expectations. Much better value for money than our usual trips to Lonavala and Mahableshwar...where at the same price we cannot get a 5 star resort. The location by the river is beautiful. The rooms were luxurious and spacious. The service was both efficient and attentive. Perhaps the best part of our trip was the delicious food. My youngest son still fondly recalls the palak paneer!! The pool was on the smaller side, but was well maintained. All in all, it was the perfect weekend break.

The second time I went to Ras Resorts was to attend a friend's wedding. I was amazed by how well equipped the resort was to handle a large wedding of 300 + people! The whole process was very efficiently managed by professional managers and staff. I've posted some photos from my trip. The decorations, food, service and all around event management was really well done. What made the weekend especially nice was that the hosts were completely relaxed...they later told me the staff had taken care of everything perfectly. This was quite something given that there were 300 wedding guests on the property and at the same time they also had to cater to the regular hotel guests.

I look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pdaftary
rshewakr, Manager at Ras Resorts Silvassa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

We truly appreciate your opinion regarding your stay at Ras Resorts.
Our guests´ feedback is very important for us, bacause this way we can deliver a better service.

We are pleased that your visit went off well on both occasions!

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,
Ras Resorts Management Team

Reviewed 19 May 2012

I was on business trip to this place and stayed with resort.
1.Th reception was not having Air Conditioning and in just few minutes I was perspiring like anything.
2. As soon as I checked-in the room, a number of mosquitos greeted me. I told to reception that such conditions are unacceptable. After long struggle to convince them, a boy with fly squatter (racket ) sent to my room who started killing the mosquitos. But they didn't change my room, despite low occupancy.

3. There was no packaged water in the room as complementary, despite same being mentioned in the room brochure. So I asked for a bottle of water soon as I entered the room. No one came for an hour. I called again, still no body turned up after 1.5 hours. Finally I strongly took this up and they sent me 2 bottles filled with filtered water. I told them that I was looking for packaged water and ready to pay for that, but still.

4.Enter the wash room and bath towel and hand towels were found very old and pale.

5. Flustered , I decided to go for swimming. I entered the pool and started swimming. There was no sign indicating depth of pool. I progressed further and started feeling pain and breathlessness. I cried for help by raising hands and calling. The guy who was supervising the pool just kept looking at me as a spectator without understanding that I'm in trouble and unable to swim . I was drowning and still the guy was just looking at me. It was then a gentle men ( another guest in hotel) who was playing table tennis nearby, spot the problem and came to my help. He took a rod to me which I clasped and came in safe zone.

6. There was no duty manager available to listen to you.

7. The washroom was having old and rusted fittings (see pictures) and commode was old and not giving clean feel. Cobwebs were there as the washroom didn't seem to be cleaned in corners.
8. There was one cabinet in the room that had live electric connections in bare form.

9. In the morning buffet break-fast time, no body was there to see as what you need or to help you/ greet you. Tables were lying uncleaned with previous people plates.

9. The above all experiences were not enough when I found next morning that Wheel Caps from my hired car are stolen despite being parked near reception in resort premises. Hotel guys reviewed the CC TV Footages and agreed that wheel caps were there when we came but who stole them, nobody knew. They even refused to compensate and just gave a meagre 500 bucks to my driver.

I really had a worst experience.

Room Tip: Don't choose the resort at all.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Pankajverma

Dear Guest,

We regret to hear that your experience in our resort was not one which we wish our guests to experience.

We have taken all your comments very seriously and are continuously striving to improve our service to our guests. We have refurbished many of our current rooms, and bathrooms, and improved the ventilation in our lobby.

Once again we would like to extend our sincere apologies for your experience and hope to have you as our guest in the future.

Thank you very much again for your constructive comments,

Best regards
Ras Resorts Management Team

Reviewed 18 May 2012

We stayed in this resort for a night in March, 2012. Though we had booked for night, we checked out after one night. The staff at the counter was nice enough not to charge us for the second nigh though as per our deal we were to pay for two nights in advance.

The service is really good and the staff are really polite and courteous.

But there is something wrong with the whole place. The place is very dry and not lively at all. Though they have a lot of open space, did not really feel like moving around much. This is a riverside resort, but the there was no water in the river. One feels a little lonly in this place. May be this is a place to visit with large group.

Food quality is a challenge. We had lunch , Dinner and Breakfast and all three were below average and expectation.

Rooms are a little run down an need some serious rennovation.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank umurali
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Ras Resorts is a relaxing resort on the banks of the river Daman ganga. I went with my spouse in late 2011. The location is okay as I personally prefer sea or ocean or river facing rooms!
One may say that the resort guestrooms have garden or river facing views however, the view of the river cannot be seen from the room or is partially blocked (at least I couldn't get a view from our room) by the garden.
Rooms are big and spacious. Sleep was relaxing with no aches/pain.
There was no toothpaste or brush provided in the room which was a bit surprising for a 5-star (as mentioned on their website)!! Also, the size of the soap provided was very small. If one is habituated to having a bath 2 times a day then, the soap might finish in a day or so.
The resort has a swimming pool, ayurvedic massage centre, gym, 2 different restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There's also high tea (included in some packages) where one can have anything from the snacks menu from 4:-5 pm till 10:30-11:00 pm.
They need to add more varieties to their menu as it might seem a bit low key in terms of VFM.

Despite of few nuances here and there, I will surely recommend Ras Resorts to my colleagues, friends and relatives.

I didn't stay during the christmas/new year eve time so, don't know about the preparations/variety.

However, I was satisfied with my stay and look forward the next time.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2012

peaceful and enjoyable, the resort was an entertaining place to live in, with exiting games like table tennis, swimming pool badminton, basketball and carrom.
The food was excellent but the variety was less.The playground did not have slides, but just two swings and a rusted old merry- go- round.the service was excellent.Location was just perfect but trucks and cars on the bridge made it uncomfortable.The i must say it was entertaining .

Room Tip: take rooms near the river side
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family