“Pretty Good Custard”

Caliche's Frozen Custard
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Alamogordo
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

There were very similar things on get up and get over there in your bed I don't know what to do hello the Caliche menu as our local custard shop, so there wasn't anything new and exciting. I ordered the Apple Pie ala More which I was expecting to be vanilla custard and a slice of apple pie blended together (what they call a caliche), but it was a huge piece of apple pie and two scoops of custard. It was very good, just not what I was anticipating. We also ordered a chocolate custard with marshmallow, Sand Box (custard with Oreo crumbles and gummy worms), a strawberry cheesecake caliche, and a chocolate/brownie bits caliche. Everyone loved their dessert. We did not try the hit dogs, but they had some that sounded really amazing. I would love to go back if we're ever in town again.

1  Thank mrscaniggles

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The ice cream cone and shake we had were good, but prices were rather expensive for what you get. Almost $3 for the cone and almost $4 for a small shake. We had to at least try it.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Lots of flavors to choose from. Quality products with big menu. I definitely would visit again. Great prices.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stopped in for lunch after visiting the space museum. I had a hot dog special which hit the spot. The girl who took my order was extremely friendly while explaining the many options. I also saw the owner I believe and another girl outside cleaning up and getting things ready for a busy Saturday. They were both friendly too. A large menu to please most anyone with friendly workers in a clean setting is a good combination. If I lived here I'd visit often.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Caliche's is one fabulous spot for treats. If you're in Alamogordo and like sweets don't miss it. They have some unique desserts or you can build your own. It's a walk-up and drive-up place with no inside seating. We found the walk up a lot faster for service than the drive-up.