“Very aggressive ID policy”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #25 of 89 Restaurants in Alamogordo
Cuisines: American
Hereford, AZ
“Very aggressive ID policy”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband and I are of the retired variety, and we walked into this place from our hotel across the street for an early dinner. We sat at the bar where we were promptly asked for our IDs. No IDs, no alcohol said the bartender, as the staff allegedly had a meeting that morning that stipulated that EVERYONE, including the 70-year-old veterans sitting at the bar, be carded. I could see the dumbfounded expressions on some of the grizzled faces, but everyone went along with this asinine policy.

I can understand carding those 40 years old and younger. I can definitely understand carding young adults. And I certainly support kicking those out of the bar who are acting aggressively or who are a nuisance.

"Corporate wants to get away from the drinking image" said the bartender. Yet the corporate website doesn't mention that. If "Corporate" wants to become more family-friendly, then show cartoons on the overhead TVs instead of beer-inducing sports.

The meal itself was fine, but the feeling of being just a number left me cold.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank conniegum

Rockport, Texas
“as always steady and good”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We like Applebees because they are consistant. However this time was an exception. I don't usually order fish when we are here in Ruidoso because we usually reserve our fish consumtion to Rockport Tx our other home. But I ordered the fish and chips, and I say"move over Rockport". Huge portions of white flaky fish and the coleslaw was great. My wife ordered a casadea(sp) sandwich and she wants to go back for more.

• Visited July 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Standard Fare but "Slow Service"”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Was seated promptly on arrival and ordered a drink. It arrived in a reasonable time but then I was ignored for the next 20 minutes. They must have been running out of blue cheese dressing for the wedge salads. It was very sparse!

Visited July 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Applebee's as usual”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

The food was pretty good but overpriced as usual. The waitress got our order wrong. We ordered the ribeye but got ribeye & shrimp & waitress told us to eat the shrimp & took $4 off the bill. Large Mudslide is $9 was told $7

Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place”
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

Typical Applebee's. Good food, great service. Very attentive wait staff without hovering. Love the chocolate mousse!

• Visited June 2013