“Poor wait staff”

Applebee's
Ranked #29 of 89 Restaurants in Alamogordo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 16 February 2014

It was a crowded Friday night and the person serving us did not seem focused on the job. One order was not what had been ordered and the other had been overcooked. The manager asked what was wrong and did not charge us for the food. That was a nice touch.

Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

First time in an Applebee's. Service was friendly and quickish. Surprised that they asked for ID from mature adults who are very obviously old enough to drink. Found that a bit insulting. Im not a child and don't enjoy being treated like one. My particular meal was quite bland and tasteless. It was like the chef forgot to infuse flavors and seasonings and did the bare minimum to get the dish out quickly. My husband and sister in law said theirs was ok. I won't rush back to that particular Applebee's again.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We enjoyed eating at Applebee's so much we ate there on two consecutive nights! We had the delicious salads and enjoyed a cocktail or two. This was fun and lively and the food was pretty good value. We'd recommend it.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband and I are of the retired variety, and we walked into this place from our hotel across the street for an early dinner. We sat at the bar where we were promptly asked for our IDs. No IDs, no alcohol said the bartender, as the staff allegedly had a meeting that morning that stipulated that EVERYONE, including the 70-year-old veterans sitting at the bar, be carded. I could see the dumbfounded expressions on some of the grizzled faces, but everyone went along with this asinine policy.

I can understand carding those 40 years old and younger. I can definitely understand carding young adults. And I certainly support kicking those out of the bar who are acting aggressively or who are a nuisance.

"Corporate wants to get away from the drinking image" said the bartender. Yet the corporate website doesn't mention that. If "Corporate" wants to become more family-friendly, then show cartoons on the overhead TVs instead of beer-inducing sports.

The meal itself was fine, but the feeling of being just a number left me cold.

2  Thank conniegum
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We like Applebees because they are consistant. However this time was an exception. I don't usually order fish when we are here in Ruidoso because we usually reserve our fish consumtion to Rockport Tx our other home. But I ordered the fish and chips, and I say"move over Rockport". Huge portions of white flaky fish and the coleslaw was great. My wife ordered a casadea(sp) sandwich and she wants to go back for more.