“Fryer was broken”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Very friendly folks. I was visiting my daughter in the Air Force and sat down for breakfast. They informed me the fryer was broken. Hey no chicken fried steak for me. Had a great breakfast and not that expensive. Nice having food in New Mexico that didnt have salsa or chilis on top. Traditional food.

1  Thank HR C

Reviewed 27 March 2014

After reading the reviews, I was looking forward to eating at the Waffle & Pancake Shoppe. One of my party ordered pecan pancakes and when she buttered the stack, only the top pancake was pecan. Another one had pancakes that must have been cooked on the same griddle as the meats because they tasted like sausage. I asked for scrambled eggs with cheese and the eggs came overcooked, cool and with no cheese. It was a very busy Sunday morning when we stopped by. I was disappointed.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

It may not look like much from the outside, but what you find on the inside is genuine hospitality. You are welcomed from the minute you step foot inside. Order up some grub, chat with your friendly server, realize you are pleasantly stuffed without much gone from your wallet and don't forget to grab some conversation with George!

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We were greeted with a smile and a hearty 'good morning' from the owner, George.

Seated straight away at about 8:15a on a Monday morning, we checked out the big menu. Pancakes, omelets, waffles, oh my! Super cheap prices.

I took the server's recommendation and had the pecan pancakes and my husband ordered the 22nd century omelet.

The atmosphere was so friendly, you'd think you were sharing breakfast with all your friends.

I'd definitely recommend you eat local over the chains as far as breakfast goes.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is a good breakfast option when wanting a solid meal... pancakes, waffles, omelet, or similar. Not a place for berries and granola, but on the weekends this is comfort food indeed. The staff is amazing and very reasonable prices.

Pros: outstanding staff, menu options, food
Cons: coffee (this keeps it from getting an excellent rating)