“GOOD BASIC FOOD”

Cuisines: American
Alamogordo, New Mexico
“GOOD BASIC FOOD”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

took some friends who I work with to lunch on Thursday. we all enjoyed the friendly prompt service and good food. this was my first visit, but one of my friends had eaten here many times. it is off the beaten path, two blocks east of whitesands blvd, and two blocks north of 10th street. I will go back.

• Visited April 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Ummm”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I have to start out by saying that apparently this place is known for their breakfasts. But, I visited for lunch, which they should NOT be known for. I ordered a "roast beef melt" which frankly sounded pretty good, what with the gooey cheese images that the word "melt" conjures up. Well, two pieces of stale bread, a very underwhelming portion of "roast beef", and a small handful of the shredded bag cheese you buy at the grocery store does not make a "roast beef melt." But, because the service was pleasent enough, my lunch-mates and I were able to be talked into a slice of cake, which was "made fresh every day." Unfortunately, the slice of cake was so dry and tough I could have used it as a brick to throw through the window had I needed to make a quick escape. I feel bad, because locals seem to love it. But, unless you've been eating there for decades, I'd suggest you don't start now.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank coulterite
Alamogordo, New Mexico
“Yum!”
Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

Always saw this place had business but whenever asked no one would have a comment. Finally went in and tried it.... Had huevos rancheros and they are amazing! Super picky when it comes to this meal and their red chile sauce doesn't disappoint. One of the last times I was there I did think it was gross that the staff started cleaning the fish tank and putting arms in it right during lunch hours. Something about that turned me the wrong way BUT food is great and always tastes fresh!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank amarie d
Battle Ground, Washington
“Great people place.”
Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

The food is great for the price and the service is fast and friendly. Our chips were thin and warm, the mild salsa is spicy. The Mexican combo plate ($10) is a full plate of hot, fresh food. The cheeseburger was served dry, so be sure and ask for condiments. Overall, great place for breakfast or lunch.

1 Thank Justj700
ALAMOGORDO
“Good Food at a good price”
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Good Food at a good price. Pretty standard fare for an American cuisine with a New Mexican flair. You can't go wrong. There is nothing special about it.