“Still great after all these years!”

Magnuson Hotel and Suites Alamogordo
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Alamogordo
Reviewed 14 March 2013

What a pleasant surprise! The last time I stayed in this motel was in 1964, so I did not hold much hope that it would still be a nice place, but reserved a room there "for old times' sake." The Desert Aire is still a nice place to stay in Alamogordo! Exceptionally friendly and helpful front desk staff, clean, comfortable rooms, affordable rates, and a good location make this dated but nice motel a winner. No luxury here, but I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a good value.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LonghornDeb
desertaireinc, Director of Sales at Magnuson Hotel and Suites Alamogordo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Hello and good day to you and yours! We here at the Desert Aire Hotel would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us your review and letting us know how we can improve to tend to our guests. In this case, I am very Pleased that you were impressed with us and enjoyed your stay very much. Thank you again for choosing us and taking the time out of your day, we hope to see you the next time you are in the area! :-)

Reviewed 14 March 2013

What a nice stop over! The hotel is clean....nice, and a very nice to stop for a good nights sleep. John, the person at the front desk, needs an award for the friendliest and most accommodating hotel employee in the United States! He made us feel like we were the only guests in the place. The hotel is remodeled, but very clean. Wish more hotels could take lessons from this place! One concern...slow Internet....but, not being online for one evening...well, we had to read a book and talk to one another!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ladybugtx76

Reviewed 9 March 2013 via mobile

The first thing i have to rave about is the cleanliness of the lobby bathroom. After driving all day and not using a clean restroom this one was amazing. I looked for dirty uncleanliness due to the fact I'm a germaphob and couldn't find anything. John and Andrew at the front desk were amazing, after driving all day and just being ready to climb into bed, John made me smile again and was very polite. When I woke up in the morning Andrew made me smile, not an easy task for me due to the fact I'm NOT a morning person. The breakfast was good, coffee was excellent. As soon as the caffeine medium ran out and I thought I was gonna have a bad morning, a miss who's name I couldn't catch came with another fresh hot pot ready to go. Lifesaver I tell ya. Over all I would for sure stay here again and would recommend it to anyone staying in the area. Lets hope the other best westerns can live up to the par while I continue my road trip across the southern states!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank SGDaigle

Hello and good day to you and yours! We here at the Desert Aire Hotel would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us your review and letting us know how we can improve to tend to our guests. In this case, I will be sure to award John, Andrew, and Cindy (miss working breakfast) according due to their excellent job being well done! I am very Pleased that you were impressed with us and enjoyed your stay very much. Thank you again for choosing us and taking the time out of your day, we hope to see you the next time you are in the area! :-)

Reviewed 3 March 2013

When we checked in John Presley at the front desk was just outstanding in his hospitality and service. We got a pair of rooms that were excellent and John made us feel at home, offering us help finding a restaurant and providing other assistance. He really impressed my son, wife and me! Thanks John.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Hello and good day to you and yours! We here at the Desert Aire Hotel would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us your review and letting us know how we can improve to tend to our guests. In this case, I will be sure to award John according due to his excellent job being well done! I am very Pleased that you were impressed with us and enjoyed your stay very much. Thank you again for choosing us and taking the time out of your day, we hope to see you the next time you are in the area! :-)

Reviewed 1 March 2013

While the room was adequate and the proximity to White Sands Monument is good, the noise factor overrides all this. A group checked into the two rooms adjoining us at 10pm and was talking loudly, laughing and smoking in the outside hall. Finally at 11:30pm, my son went out to talk to them to quiet down. They then went into their rooms, but banged the doors numerous times and then left at 2:30am. What kind of people check in at !0 and out at 2:30am?? This is certainly not a family hotel. I wouldn't stay there again.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
desertaireinc, Director of Sales at Magnuson Hotel and Suites Alamogordo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2013

Hello And Good Day to You and Yours. We wanted to thank you for your time and consideration in your choice in stay with us. We really appreciate you taking time out of your day for your review for our hotel. We personally would like to say sorry that you didn't enjoy your time with us. If we had known this issue was persisting we would have had said guest removed or have authorities be called out. We really look forward to being able to change your veiw on us if given another time of stay. We are very, very sorry and would like to make it right once again. We hope that your rest of travel was as pleasant and safe, and once again, THANK YOU for Your time!

Reviewed 1 February 2013 via mobile

Comfy and clean and free breakfast! Very friendly staff, all locals with plenty of suggestions on where to go and what to see. This was my 2nd stay, there were marked improvements. Fresh paint, landscaping and bathrooms were updated. I would gladly return if on the area.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 27 December 2012

We were pleased that you allow dogs. The room was quiet with plenty of hot water. The heat worked well. We were visiting friends who were visiting family in Alamogordo. The proximity to White Sands and Cloudcroft were outstanding.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends