“This snob is impressed”
Review of Super 8 Alamogordo

Super 8 Alamogordo
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Alamogordo
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I usually don't stay at discount/budget motels like Super 8 but I needed a place to stow my gear and lay my head during the recent Bataan Death March at WSMR. This place was clean, reasonably priced and centrally located to most of the "attractions" in Alamogordo. The owner was very responsive to special needs, and even crawled out of bed at 4AM on the day of the March to make sure the marchers got a good breakfast before their 26.2 mile stroll through the desert.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Rocket58
super8alamogordonm, Webmaster at Super 8 Alamogordo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and for noting how we go out of our way to make sure guests are satisfied. There’s no point being in the hotel business if you don’t have a strong desire to serve people. If your travels should bring you to this area again for any reason, we look forward to welcoming you or other marchers again. It was a pleasure having you with us.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Alamogordo

Reviewed 13 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank R M
super8alamogordonm, Webmaster at Super 8 Alamogordo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Reviewed 13 May 2014

1  Thank Janet H

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Since my 10 yr. old granddaughter and I had no definite itinerary, we found ourselves bound for White Sands New Mexico with no hotel reservations. Called at 4pm for the same night...no problem! The place is super clean, quiet and comfortable with great basic amenities, e.g., fridge, microwave and good linens. . My granddaughter raved about the big flatscreen with all the Disney cable channels! Victor, the Manager, was the bomb! He literally got on the computer/phone and got us a motel reservation for our stop in Carlsbad the next night after I couldn't find one myself. He also recommended Peppers Restaurant nextdoor which turned out to be one of the best and least expensive meals we had in New Mexico. But that was not the end of Victor's wonderfulnesss. After leaving, my granddaughter realized she had forgotten a dreamcatcher she had bought at an indian pueblo store in our room. I called Victor, he tracked it down with the housekeeper and he personally mailed it to us, priority mail, to California. . He checked back to make sure we got it and texted us a pic of the item and the mailing label. He then refused to take a penny for his expense and trouble. I have stayed at so called luxury hotels for four times the price and not been treated half as well as we were
at this little slice of heaven in a small town called Alamogordo. I cannot give enough praise to Alamogordo Super 8 and it's angel, Victor. Elena and Grammie

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. I was truly a pleasure having you with us. If you ever pass this way again, I look forward to seeing you again. I appreciate serving customers like you who recognize the combination of value, convenience and amenities that we provide. Thanks again for choosing us.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

As long as you know what to expect from a Super 8, this one is a great place to stay. Everything here is above average. I stayed there with a group that travels often on a bus, thus having no personal transportation, and Victor, the manager/owner, was nice enough to take us in his mini van to White Sands National Monument and he wouldn't even accept any money from us. I'm not saying he would do that for everyone, but how's that for going above and beyond!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. We strive to do whatever we can to make customers happy, and I sincerely appreciate you taking time to offer this positive feedback. I enjoying serving customers who understand the combination of value, amenities and service we provide. If you’re ever in the area again, we look forward to having you with us again.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Nice place, good location, quiet area. Staff was friendly and attentive. My room had an odor about that was somewhere between Listerine and Ben Gay. I didn't complain...but it was noticeable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Nancy G

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry there was an unpleasant odor in your room. Our efforts to ensure cleanliness sometimes leave behind a smell, but it usually goes away in a few hours. In any case, I sincerely apologize for this small thing that detracted from the quality of your stay. I still hope you will stay with us again. If you had mentioned it at the time, I’m sure we could have moved you or taken other action.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Jean D