“Outstanding Service and Buffet Presentation”

Fortune Acron Regina
Ranked #4 of 67 Hotels in Candolim
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I visited Fortune Select located in Candolim in the First week of November. I was amazed at the level of detail in every aspect of the service especialy the Breakfast menu which displayed a superior Thoughtfulness and hospitality.
I interacted with the people behind my superior experience and they were MIGUEL & SANDEEP who I can conclude have excellent Managerial skills coupled with a high degree of concern for the Guests.
Truly, the staff especially Miguel is a Great invaluable asset to Fortuna.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
R_Louzado, General Manager at Fortune Acron Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Guest,

At the outset I thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Goa and we look forward to have you with us again in the future.

We are delighted to know that you have had a pleasant experience staying with us and that we were able to make it a memorable trip for you. Your appreciation towards our staff has brought a smile to our faces.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us, and we do look forward to welcoming you back here for an even more memorable experience.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

I had been to fortune with my family to celebrate my daughter birthday. the food was excellent ..we got an excellent service from fortune staff. Thanks to Miguel Sandeep ... Sadiq for the wonderful arrangement . keep it up.. :)

Regards
Rupesh Golatkar

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We firmly believe in the special bond that daddies and their daughters share. We are delighted to know that you have had a pleasant experience staying with us on your daughter’s birthday and that we were able to make it a memorable trip for you. Your appreciation towards our staff has brought a smile to our faces.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We booked last minute and were lucky enough to get a Suite that had just seen a cancellation, for a reasonable price.

Pros:
- the booking process was great - the person doing our booking online was very responsive. Huge props to Daniel Pereira who was the exec that helped us with our booking.
- The Suite was massive and very nice. The decor was great too
- Housekeeping was very responsive
- the property was a small but nice one - quite a relaxing ambience
- the shuttle service to the beach is good and quick
- Quality of food on the menu was good
- All the staff including the front desk was great
- pool was decent

Cons (in descending order of irritation):

- We were charged different prices for the room service food. Eg on the first day, Garlic Naan was Rs40 (or Rs30 - I dont remember exactly). 2nd day it suddenly went up to Rs80. We asked and they said we were undercharged the first day, so we were like 'ok, 80 is fine'. Then we were charged Rs40 again on the 3rd day. On calling, they (a difft person this time) told us that Rs40 is the standard price. SO I am still not sure of what the price is - it was irritating that the hotel did not have a standard price. Based on the fact that for 4 meals we were charged a lower amount and a higher amount for 1 meal, I am convinced that I was overcharged for the 1 meal. Not a big deal at the end of the day, but not something you'd expect from a branded hotel

- Internet is only restricted to 1 device at a time - which is quite ridiculous!! Pricing is at par with 5 star hotels in Mumbai/Delhi and all these hotels allow 2-3 devices to use the same connection so am not sure why the restriction to 1 device. Also even though I bought a 24 hour service, it promptly shut down at midnight - so there is some deviousness there.

- The breakfast menu was uninspiring. What was unacceptable however was the fact that some items on the menu were undercooked/stale. We pointed this out to the wait staff but there was no follow up

- The bathroom was v leaky - the bidet first leaked. Then the bathtub leaked resulting in water all over the floor. To their credit, the hotel got it sorted out very quickly

- The multigym at the gym was part broken (the pec-dec cables were messed up and the lat pulldown cable was unusable).

- it is in the middle of a residential neighborhood with really narrow roads so traffic gets a little messy. I'd have really preferred a hotel right on the beach - but thats not something that the hotel can fix/not their fault.

Room Tip: The Suite was great. Pool facing, higher floor rooms are better (our suite was on the 2nd floor and...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review on your stay with us at Fortune Select Regina, during your recent trip to Goa. I would request you to treat this as a one off, inadvertent incident and do not allow this to mar the favorable impression of the group that you have.

I take this opportunity to assure you that we as a group have always endeavored to seek feedback from our discerning guests, and we incessantly strive to improve our product and services based on the insights we receive from time to time.

We sincerely regret that your experience was not up to your expectations.

We have noted your comments regarding the pricing at our food and beverage outlets, the WIFI service, buffet spread, the bathroom and the gym. I also would like to assure you that we have looked at the reasons for this and we have put in preventive measures to prevent any recurrences.

We do look forward to welcoming you back here.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Hotel was good with nice ambiance and good overall facilities. Room was quite comfortable. But, when I had booked the suite for two adults and two kids 8 & 6, How can somebody expect us all to fit in that queen bed? This was quite ridiculous, they asked me to make extra payment for extra bed. Something I had never faced before on my any earlier trips. Another disappointment was when I developed fever and they had no simple medicine like paracetamol or crocin. Over that they made no effort to procure it from market. If this simple extra gesture is not there from hotel, then what is the point of staying at such hotels?

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Dear Guest,

We sincerely regret that your experience was not up to your expectations. Your observations and feedback are most valuable to us, and we thank you for bringing it to our notice. We have noted your comments regarding the extra beds and the medication that were not made available to you. Rightly pointed out it’s the little details that complete the entire holiday experience.

I request you to treat this as an inadvertent and isolated incident and give us another opportunity in the future to be of service. We do look forward to welcoming you back here for a memorable experience.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed here during my off site visit with my colleagues in Feb 2013. Its a decent place with probably modest amenities. The brand fortune means the staff is professional and the place is well kept. Overall a good place to stay close to the candolim and sequerim beaches. The only drawback that I can pick is limited buffet varieties and the lack of a dedicated recreation rooms. This was of importance as we were on an offsite visit for work which means most of the time was spent in the resort than outside unlike my other Goa visits.

Room Tip: Ask for pool facing rooms if possible.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AasifW

Dear Guest,

Your observations and feedback in regards to the buffet and the recreation facilities are most valuable to us, and we thank you for bringing it to our notice. We have noted your comments and will take appropriate measures.

We do look forward to welcoming you back here for a memorable experience.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

When deciding between this property and another one for our stay in Candolim, we went with this one because of the beautiful pictures online and belief it had a better breakfast. We found ourselves very disappointed for so many reasons:

1) The amenities are poor and the hotel takes so many shortcuts. Our bed did not have fitted sheets -> we slept on flat sheets that barely covered the mattresses which were 2 twin size mattresses pushed together to form a "king" size bed. The internet usage only allowed us to have one device on at a time even after paying premium prices. The "business center" we used for printing our boarding passes consisted of one very slow computer and a printer that was low on ink and re-used paper with other customer's info on the back!!!! The shower leaked out onto the bathroom floor and we had to call maintenance to unclog our bathroom sink which nearly overflowed on the first usage!!!

2) The breakfast was downright scary, lacking freshness, quality, and organization. One day, our server ushered us to a table only to find it taken when we came back with food. At the omelette station, the chef didn't even care to customize my omelette, instead pushing me to accept a prepared mix omelette. When asking another chef to replenish the empty bread breakfast, he pushed me off to a server who ended up dropping half of the bread on the floor and then put it into the bread basket -> right in front of my eyes!!! Indoor seating is very limited and when we sat outside, we were bombarded by flies.

3) If the examples of poor service in #2 aren't sufficient, note that much of the staff just didn't seem to care about us and did not make us feel very welcome.

4) The only difference between the Deluxe and Luxury rooms is the view. Our "luxury" room was okay but didn't feel luxurious...maybe a suite might have been nicer but we already paid way too much for our luxury room. The hallways are dark and scary looking and our room was right next to the elevator -> talk about non-stop noise and an unrestful sleep.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
R_Louzado, General Manager at Fortune Acron Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Guest,

We sincerely regret that your experience was not up to your expectations.

Your observations and feedback are most valuable to us, and we thank you for bringing it to our notice. We have noted your comments regarding the food, service and housekeeping and have taken appropriate measures.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

What happens when the best person in your life is part of your best moments It is Magic .... And to add to the thrill if you get enablers like Fortune staff each and every best moment becomes unforgettable ... exhilarating amazing splendid and the most eventful trip of my life thanks to you guys my honeymoon became a moment to savour .... Keep it up .... Words will fall short to describe the sheer joy derived by your service

Cheers
Amit

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amit29584
R_Louzado, General Manager at Fortune Acron Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that you have had a pleasant experience staying with us on your honeymoon and that we were able to make it a memorable trip for you.Your appreciation towards our staff a has brought a smile to our faces.