We stayed at this property by Carlson during our visit to Goa.We had booked a superior room.The room given to us initially had a hard mattress.AC was not cooling properly. The fan had to be switched on all the time to make the room cooler.
At the time of check-in we requested for a room at a quieter end of the resort.I believe the staff did not pay much heed to this and just nodded.Saturday,Sunday were fine.On Monday morning, to our disappointment and surprise, we woke up early morning to a humongous noise of construction machines, hammers etc.Went out and saw that the room right below ours, along with other rooms on that floor were being renovated and that was the noise source.That means , the request for quieter room was simply ignored.
However, when we complained, our room was changed and we were given a room in the opposite wing.That room had no noise and also had a soft mattress as well.I believe the rooms on this side have been renovated whereas the ones on the other side are not.Other amenities were the same.They said it was a higher category room(Deluxe).But there was no difference except the view.This one had a pool view.
Some other things that we found can be improved were : black out drapes were there but due to a small window next to the drapes, the room was not dark enough.Also the service can be quicker.Breakfast was lavish but some things can be improved, For e.g.,having cold juices instead of the ones at room temperature.
We have stayed in other Carlson properties in India.So we felt, this one still needs to get to those standards in terms of service and hospitality.May be this is a new property, and they are trying to settle things.
However, the stay was pleasant enough for us to come back to this property again on our next visit.The property was beautiful.Cozy rooms.Nice and big pool.No issues with maintenance and cleanliness.Pool and garden view from rooms was good.
Location was good too.100-200 meters from Candolim main road.It's surrounded by other known hotels like Fortune, Golden tulip etc.Lots of bikes and car rentals nearby.The place from where we hired a car was just next to the resort.
Overall a great stay except some initial glitches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the new Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Goa Candolim. One of the most conveniently located hotels in Goa, India, the Country Inn features a pristine setting near Candolim Beach and offers easy access to the best tourist attractions in Goa. Guests at our beach hotel in Goa can enjoy stylish and comfortable rooms with all the amenities needed for an enjoyable stay. The Country Inn & Suites also offers on-site dining, an outdoor swimming pool, well-equipped Fitness Centre, on-site banquet and conference facilities and complimentary wireless Internet access. Reserve your room today and experience one of the best hotels in Goa, India. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Girasol Beach Hotel Candolim
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Goa/Candolim