“Aldia Santa Rita.”

Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Candolim
Scunthorpe, England, United Kingdom
“Aldia Santa Rita.”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Went to Aldia again for the fith year running. Nothing has changed much. Staff are still very friendly and helpfull.Food is excellent with different theme nights. Rooms are basic but cleaned every day and linen changed every other day. Cannot thank the staff enough for making our holiday first class. Thanks.

3 Thank Paul M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
New Bombay
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Far away from the hustle – bustle of the city, Aldeia Santa Ria, located in the quaint Konkan village, surrounded by the lush green Palms, provide an excellent holiday destination. Well – manicured gardens, with shades of marble – inlay work and great Portugal architecture, greet travelers for a great Coastal sojourn .

When I booked the hotel frm Antilog Vacations , little did I knew tht it wud turn out to be a cultural experience mixed with fun and masti.It was a blessing in disguise for me as the travel operator being a wholesaler in Goa packages gave me a cheap package including flights for 20k pp.Booking from hotel was costing approx 30k..so I saved bucks and man, what a beautiful place to have ur holiday in..awesome

On my arrival I received an extremely traditional welcome and was moved to a Deluxe suite on Ground Floor Bright, well – lit room, with high ceilings, grand italian window, beautiful upholstery, porcelain walls and marble flooring, provide a great ambience Rooms have a well – carved balconies, providing a panoramic view of the Candolim beach Centralized Air Conditioning, mini – bar, 24 Hours Room service and kitchen made my stay at hotel extremely pleasurable

On my first day, started my day with stroll along the pristine Candolim beaches. Post sumptuous breakfast at the hotel lounge, went for local sight seeing, thoroughly enjoyed the visit to Anjuna, Calingute and Miramar beach. I got an opportunity to savor some of the best Konkan recipes, sea – food and the local drinks.

Also enjoyed shopping from the local handicraft shops on the sea – beach. We also visited some of the best churches. Picturesque landscapes, beautiful architecture and quaint apostles made it a truly memorable trip.

On the third day of my trip, we visited the Old ancient Goa, thoroughly spell – bound by the great hospitality and great organizing skills of Aldeia Santa Ria Hotel. In fact, hotel boasts of a quaint rustic shoppe, which offers memoirs and memorabilia of all kinds and varieties. Major attraction of the hotel, is the sea – side restaurant. Well – furnished eating tables, with beautiful linen, great flower arrangement, excellent cuisines and well behaved staff provides a wonderful dinning experience.

Photographs and memorabilia that I collected from Goa, reminds me of the golden moments that I spent at the hotel. The parties and experience at the hotels r nt to be missed

Its just beautiful

1 Thank Armaan K
salisbury
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We spent two weeks at the santa rita hotel over new year and had a fantastic time , i know it is basic but hell, its goa . The room, j6 , had its own sun terrace, it was clean, and lawrence our cleaner was superb, nothing was too much trouble he is a gem. the staff were happy , friendly , helpful and ramish was determined to get you drunk. The place is a bit dated but the atmosphere that it has from great staff makes up for it. Very friendly place , with people who seem to keep going back made it a great holiday for us , and we would go back again.

Room Tip: j6 has its own sun terrace as big as the room , and a real suntrap.
2 Thank tony c
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I am sat here now and yes, there are better places and yes the management may as well not exist but the staff, food and ambience more than make up for it. Those that moan go stay in Venice or cosseted 5 star hide away down south. Get a life and chill out. I and many others who know how to have a good time will be back. But one word of warning to the management. You must stop making cuts and start to invest.

• Stayed January 2012
4 Thank asdfzxc
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2012

after having 2 holidays in the south of Goa, we thought we would try the north, after reading some reviews, we went to Aldea Santa Rita in Candolim. We had a room over looking the main path,[these are the best ones]. The pool is small but it never gets crowded,there are 3 large trees round the pool that give shade if you want it. Be carefull with the drinks at the pool bar, Ramesh will have you drunk in an hour, so tell him to go easy on the spirits. I dont like Indian food or anything too spicy, but i still put 6 pounds on in 3 weeks, there was always something to eat. If there was nothing you fancied just tell thr chef what you want , and they will make it. The thing that made the holliday was Orlando [resturant manager] and his boys, they were brilliant. I have just read a review that someone had some stuff stolen from their room. Well I was there at the same time, and if I had something stolen from my room I would have told other guest so they could be careful, but they never said anything to anyone. I dont usually go back to thr same hotel, but this time I will

Room Tip: a room each side of the main path are best
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank golfballroy
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We have just returned from our 8th visit to Aldea Santa Rita and for the first time ever were leaving a review. In the past all in all its been a great hotel, good food plenty to drink and excellent staff.
Firstly the bad things: Whilst I was in the room asleep we were unlucky to have items stolen from the room. Just a note: ours was not the only room disturbed.
We did report this to hotel manager who informed us he would inform the rep and also make enquires.
When we followed this up with our rep (Englebert) he told us he not been informed of this problem, his advice was to contact the police immediately, this we did.
After contacting the police and eventually getting a Police report, we sat with the rep to complete the crime report, this had to be completed before issuing it to the Hotel manager for signature.
After much deliberation the manager refused to sign the report saying this did not happen in his hotel, he never reappeared from his office to discuss the reason for his decision. He gave us no support and the end result being, we were called liars by the hotel manager, (This we have in writing)
We were fortunate we did not loose everything and what was stolen is replaceable, our reputation is not.
Last year we complained about the drain smell at the restaurant, it is as disgusting this year as it was last year. We were also privileged to see numerous rats and as usual poor hot water and electricity in the rooms.
The Hotel is living on past reputations; money needs to be spent on the basics sooner than later.

Now the good things:
l feel I have to mention the never ending smiles of the staff especially Ramash Memin Morris, Laura, Vincent, and all the ground staff: you made it wonderfull thank you.
A special thanks to Engelbert, thanks for your help.
Sorry Sanjay and Orlando I know your jobs are on the line but we did expect some help from you.
Hence we will not be returning and feel that the reputation of the hotel in general is poor and going down hill fast.

Room Tip: Book a room on the front Pathway
8 Thank TomnSheila
Bournemouth
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Got back last night and feel i have to warn everbody visiting the SANTA RITA. We were on our 3rd visit and our friends were on their 10th consecutive visit so were not newcomers.On our second week one of the guests told us that the night before she had disturbed someone going through her handbag in the room and that he had run off because he did not take anything she did not report it (unfortunately) Then last sunday my friends wife was asleep in the room while he was having a drink with me in the bar,she had left the door unlocked so he could get in without disturbing her.When she woke up her handbag cotaining a large amount of money,a kindle and a mobile phone was missing.It was reported to the manager who said he would look into it.Well he did absolutely nothing including not informing our rep.After we had returned from the police station to get a crime number(who tried to get a 1000rupee backhander to sign the report which we refused) the manager then said nothing like this had ever happened before and that he did not believe the robbery had even happened.HE was saying this to someone who has been visiting this hotel for 10yrs and was basically calling him a liar and washed his hands of it.My advice to anyone going to the SANTA RITA is keep your door locked at all times because they have got a problem which they dnt want to know about.Lastley we are not pointing the blame at any of the staff because as always they are brilliant and were very concerned.Before anyone talks about security guards there are supposed to be 2guards on duty at night but you can never find them because they are off sleeping somewhere.Finally in my opinion the manager is a complete disgrace to this hotel and should not be in charge and we will not be returning

Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends