“Relaxing property near a clean beach”
Review of Casablanca

Casablanca
Ranked #17 of 69 Hotels in Candolim
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I had been to Goa numerous times but stayed for the first time nr candolim beach... I must say I couldn't believe that this property is located adjacent to a busy street n some of the famous restaurant yet a calm n relaxing experience. . Once you enter the room none of the city noise would disturb you! varying reviews on tripadvisor got me a bit apprehensive about the property we booked via make my trip n I was happy that the resort is one of best that one can find in Goa. rooms, pool and premises were clean and regularly cleaned, the staff courteous and helpful. overall we had a very decent stay. location is superb, right on the beach and very accessible to market, disco and shacks.
Raj and raghav on the front desk were extremely helpful, friendly and provided us with all sort of information we needed.
the only thing they can improve on is variety in breakfast menu it was a bit boring to see similar stuff every other day... please IMPROVE that coz tht ended up adding extra cost and time to hunt for good breakfast. ....

Overall great place to stay near the beach for couples

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ankita P

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Close proximity to the beautiful Candolim beach. The best part was the hospitality of the staff. Very courteous and accommodating. The food in the restaurant was really good and fresh. The only flip part was the complimentary breakfast, which was not so good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Casablanca is very well located and very close to the beautiful Candolim beach. Food quality is excellent. Best part is being close to the beach. Superb experience. price is also reasonable. Wonderful staff and facilities. No restrictions were put for check in and check out time.

Room Tip: try to take a suite which also gives the sea view from balcony.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Myself and 3 friends chose to stay at this hotel as it looked a lot nicer by comparisson to others in the area. We arrived at roughly 11am and were initially told that we were not booked into the hotel although we had actually booked it online the day before and paid for our stay, but once the gentleman had checked the online register (which took about 15 mins) he confirmed that we were indeed booked in. Then enters Raj (cheif receptionist) who has somehow created an enitre full time role for himself by solely checking people in! This arduous process consisted of completing form after form after form and took roughly an another 1/2 hour. Raj (who clearly thought he was far superior to us once he saw we were travelling with pack backs) then demanded that we hand over a print out of our booking, we did explain that we had booked it online and being travellers didnt have access to a printer, yet Raj still insisted that we must provide it in order to complete the check in. Thankfully a female employee with more manners and brains than Raj, kindly interupted the conversation and advised Raj that it was indeed OK to check us in without this print out. Needless to say Raj was absolutely fuming with her for undermining him, however he did complete the long check in process (with attitute) while cussing at her the whole time, I dont know exactly what he was saying but he was blatantly annoyed with her, which we all found quite embarrassing. Even after we'd completed the long check in process, we were told to come back at 2pm as the room wasn't ready, so we hung around until 2pm and didn't actually get shown to our room until about 2.30pm!

The room was ok, very spacious, clean, but quite dark and the bathroom was a bit of a let down, dated decor,dirty shower curtain and a sink full of ants.

We ate in the restaurant, I ate the chicken which was lovely and my friends ate chicken biryani which they said was also very tasty, sadly my friends became ill within 3 hours of eating their meals. They all suffered severe sickness & diarrhoea through the night with my one friend still being violently sick at 7am the following morning. We were due to check out at 10am, but due to the fragile condition of my friends, I asked if it was possible to book an additional night as we couldn't possibly travel anywhere with them being in such a poor state, we were flatly refused, even after explaining that my friends were feeling quite poorly, we were still refused a late check out despite the hotel not appearing to even be busy.

We also paid to use the Wifi but it wasn't actually working as it was being updated, Raj gave numerous codes and passwords but we were unable to connect - yet trying to get a refund from Raj was like getting blood from a stone, I wouldnt normally have bothered as it was only 200Rs (roughly £2) but it became a matter of principle after I was excessivly charged for a bottle of water after our check out time (charged for service even though I went to the bar to get it and soft drinks tax?!)

Overall, hotel was overpriced, unfriendly staff (Raj in particular was extremely rude for absolutely no reason at all), my friends were violently sick which put our trip back by a day and a half. Not what I expected for what we paid in comparison to other hotels in the same price range.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pwilli77
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Veryy good resort. Nice location and rooms. Staff was polite and helpful. Near to candolim beach and easily accessible. Breakfast they can certainly improve a bit. Overall experience was good and Certainly recommended.

Room Tip: Take a room from where swimming pool is visible
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Me and my Mum have just returned from an 18 night stay at the Casablanca and loved every minute. This was our 11th trip to Goa so we are always mindful that you can expect the unexpected and not to compare it to any other country. I requested a room not on the ground floor and we were located on the 2nd floor. The room was spacious and exceptionally clean - this was kept up to on a daily basis by Alloy our fantastic room boy. We had a huge corner balcony complete with a washing line! At first we were a bit concerned with having no drawers however this was not a great problem. A small fridge, kettle, air conditioning and Sky TV were all included at no extra cost. I did however refuse to pay Rs300 to use WiFi as it is available in many bars and even the beach shacks. There were very few English people in the hotel, mainly Russian and Indian - I admire the staff for being so patient and polite despite some guests manners needing room for improvement. We had breakfast every morning - there was a choice of toast and jams and Indian food along with tea, coffee and fruit juice. There was also a selection of extra items such as eggs and fruit - the porridge was awsome! This hotel is in a brilliant location - so near to the beach and the main centre of Candolim. All the staff from the little man who kept the gardens tidy to the receptionists do a great job to make you feel welcome and will do anything to assist. Would, without hesitation stay here again and for all those who have given negative comments and expect higher standards - go to Dubai and pay Dubai prices.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sarahb19682014
Reviewed 1 February 2014

this was our 2nd visit to Goa and varying reviews on tripadvisor got me a bit apprehensive about the property we booked but contrary to all the negative opinions the resort is one of best that one can find in Goa. rooms, pool and premises were clean and regularly cleaned, the staff courteous and helpful. overall we had a very decent stay.We were two couples travelling together and spent almost a whole week over there. location is superb, right on the beach and very accessible to market, disco and shacks.
Raj on the front desk was extremely helpful, friendly and cooperative for everything ranging from hiring cabs or activa and provided us with all sort of information we needed.
for me it was a 5 star stay at 3 star price.
the only thing they can improve on is variety in breakfast menu, as only veg food was served in buffet, but even that is not too bad.

Room Tip: Terrace rooms although a bit smaller in size offer more privacy
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Candolim
De Alturas Resort
5 mi away
Sandalwood Hotel & Retreat
Sandalwood Hotel & Retreat
#3 of 12 in Dona Paula

Been to Casablanca? Share your experiences!