“surprised” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #53 of 64 Hotels in Candolim
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

We saw a few bad reviews on Alor Grande before our visit in December 2012 but we were surprised our stay was very enjoyable.Nice staff, very good food-lunch- we didnt have meals at night in the hotel.Rooms were basic but clean,a/c worked ok room overlooked pool,nice balcony would stay here again.Couldnt be better placed for everything in Candolin, beach 7 minutes walk, main road 2 minutes Delfinos supermarket 2 minutes.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank smudger1955
al0rgrande, Guest Relations Manager at Alor Grande Holiday Resort, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Thank You for visiting alor grande. We appreciate ur valuable feedback and look forward to see you again in our resort.

Regards
Ivo Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

Its a nice place for couples, Food is good, Swimming pool is very clean & about room i recommend one can go for fist floor in front of swimming pool, overall its a nice stay, 5 min from condolim beach, but now a days goa is very hot and humid, so go in a peak season.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ritu809
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a few days in this hotel. The hotel is really old with outdated facilities. The cable tv didn't work, the AC sounded like a helicopter taking off and the bathrooms were ancient with rust on the shower head. However, when we asked for alternative rooms, we were told that all the rooms are identical across the resort!
The service was fine but food was poor. I don't think it was worth what we paid as we were travelling round India and paid equivalent for a lot better. The location is great as its in the heart of Candolim and minutes away from the beach.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Kathmandu, Nepal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

Hotel Staff Not Friendly, Room & Toilet not clean, leaking water 24 hours, AC make noise like generator, TV very old one not work properly, Food average not so much variety. Overall I'm not recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank acharyaak

Travellers are raving about these Candolim hotels

Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

I travelled alone February/March (having been there in January) and was lucky enough to be transferred from the smaller Alor hotel in Calungute, which is in the middle of nowhere, to Alor Grande in Condolim. I was in one of the rooms at the side of the property, which was nice and quite, the rooms are a little tired, but enormous. The staff, without exception were great. They all try so hard to get things right for you. The food in the hotel was extremely good and reasonably priced. Not enough sun beds, which I find strange as I would have thought the hotel would want guests to stay round the pool rather than wondering down to the wonderful beach, with all the lovely beach shacks The hotel is right next to one of the supermarkets but well back from the road so no traffic noise. The pool is very well looked after by two very dedicated guys (sorry forgot their names) who look after the oldies as well as the very lovely young ladies. Visit Amins Jewellery shop which is in the hotel grounds if you want some knock out jewellery, he is a very kind man who has made loads of friends over the years, who all visit him and most get fed by him at one time or another, he is a very good cook.The hotel is in the middle of lots of bars and restaurants, so you will never be at a loss of where to eat. Visit Claudine's (first shack at the end of Beach Road and straight on) you will feel welcome immediately by all the lovely guys, who work very hard to look after you. The food is beyond excellent and is very easy to stay all day and evening. I did extend my stay and know I will go back again in December/January and will stay for as long as possible. If you haven't done this part of Goa your in for a treat. Enjoy.

Room Tip: B & B standard breakfast is toast and tea, but you can pay for all sorts of breakfast goodies.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Srilankafans
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

I am 80 years old and have just returnded from my holiday, I have been holidaying in Goa for the last 11 years and have stayed at various hotels. This has to be one of the worst holidays of my life, the apartment itself I could only give 1 star, the walk way from the reception to the pool looked as though the only time it was washed was during the monsoon season !!!!
I tried the breakfast on the first day and never returned, need I say more !!!!
The second day didn't get any better as my wallet containing all of my holiday money £900 was stolen at some point from leaving my room to going to the pool, to which the staff and police were insistant that I had misplaced, only after I received assistantace from another holiday maker did the staff & police take me serious and a issue me with a crime number.
As I have said I have been going to Goa for 11 years to which I have thoroughly enjoyed however if I would have gone to this hotel on my first trip I don't think I would ever have gone again, if I won an all inclusive 2 week holiday here it would definately be the booby prize !!!
Rotten Hotel !!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank tedocallo
al0rgrande, General Manager at Alor Grande Holiday Resort, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
With regards to this complain our Guest Relation Executive,as a matter of our procedure checks out with all the in house guests about their comfort and a per record this guest was quite comfortable untill this episode about the loss of wallet. As complained by the guest, the wallet was placed in the open air by the poolside which is frequented by hundred of tourist which are guest in the hotel,as a result it is difficult for the hotel to own the resposibility for the loss of wallet
Navsari, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

we 9 friends had our first goa trip last year in the month of june, hotel's pics are good but they gave us very poor service. Room service was daily but having lack of communication, they dint understand our language or even english. Reception is havoc, we had to wait for 2 long hours before getting into rooms. Rooms were large enough but having problem with room service. We had to call up reception so manu times just to get a towel. This happened thrice with us. Food was not worth to eat even. Site sering was not upto mark even. They just take us to a place, no guides were available. Pool was good but they haven't maintain it so many were using it without proper costumes. All over, if you are looking for good hotel with good value of money, DO NOT CHOOSE THIS!!!

• Stayed June 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Candolim
Alor Holiday Resort
Hotel Silver Sands Sunshine
Casablanca
Casablanca
#21 of 64 in Candolim

Been to Alor Grande Holiday Resort? Share your experiences!