All reviewscandolim beachrestaurant staffpleasant stayivopoolsidesupermarketmr
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Helo Friends
i want to share my review for this hotel alore grand

this is very gud hotel as people say and i realy injoyed there..rooms are cleaned and fresh
pool is also very good with fresh water.. food is tasty and well built...i realy satisfied with them...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sahil741
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed in this hotel mid december and was taken to a horrible, musty smelling room far away from
the pool. The Tv didnt work, and so did the A/c. No water to drink in the room on checkin.The bed covering was rumpled and looked used. On complaining, someone came, got the a/c working but TV wouldnt come on. Bathroom had the bath seperate and the Commode seperate, You come on to the balcony and you find pigeon droppings all over and pigeons cooing around. I asked for a refund and wanted to vacate, and was then shown another room overlooking the pool and much, much better. So all those of you booking here, first checkout your room, and ONLY then decide to stay here ! Also, A relative of mine dropped by in the evening and the watchman and the reception refused to allow him to come up to my room, that inspite of telling them he is my relative and that I could leave whatever ID's required with them. They were outright rude. I however found drunk russian women clinging on to taxi drivers who were given a free hand in going to the guests rooms! I later shifted to Angels Resort ( read my review on
that )and never faced any problems. Breakfast was nothing great - as usual, indians were made to sit seperately.... why so much of pride for such a crap of a hotel is beyond my comprehension. I did order food a couple of times in the room, and it was tasty and reasonably priced ( except for the seafood, the fish was stale, overpriced, only one slice for Rs.250,which I thought was a rip off !). The pork and beef was reasonable, good portions.

Will I stay here again - NEVER EVER !

Room Tip: Check your room first, if not request for a change immediately ! Rooms overlooking the pool are in better shape.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank vinn_2k
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here on many occasions ( I have reviewed before) returned home yesterday.
This year we had a great room (not pool facing) the room was clean and fresh, we had brand new mattresses, towels and linen. The room was cleaned every day, towels changed daily sheets every other day.
Alor is a great hotel for the price you pay. The staff are great and very helpful, we had a problem with the shower ( no hot water) it was sorted with in an hour.
Ignore the bad reviews ........ There are some serious bad hotels out there this isn't one of them!!!!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2014

seen some poor reviews of of this place and i think there a bit unjust its a budget hotel and as such it offers great value for money the staff are excellent its in a great location the rooms are big and airy cleaned everyday and for me i would stay here again without hesatation the only slight moan is the breakfast buffet is poor but for a small charge you can order what ever you like so not really an issue in my mind.
if your looking for clean budget accomadation then i would definately give the alor a look at.

Room Tip: pool side rooms are the ones to ask for
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ianmac11
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I with my wife Uma stayed in this resort from 23 Jan to 29 Jan 2014. The biggest plus point of this resort is the very cooperative and pleasing staff. They are always ready to serve with a smile and do whatever is possible for them. It's close to beach and also located in market. I big mall is just outside.
The building is not so great. It is old and outdated. At least does not match with any good hotel. The food is just good. The rooms are big, good and airy. There is nothing in the gym. booklet.
Now something very negative. I read it before from many customers and found it correct. It is an unwritten rule here that foreign guests (customers) are always given upper hand added advantage over Indians. For breakfast, the Indians, they call it package tour customers are taken into a separate small room upstairs and get already cooked food. No pantry. While foreign guests enjoy fresh and hot cooked food items right there in the open space near swimming pool. I can't understand this discrimination. When dinner is together. The swimming pool itself is always occupied by forigners. They don't even follow swimming code. It looks very odd and insulting at least to me. For the same reason I would hesitate to come here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing pool are best but little noisy. For peacing loving customers the other rooms are good but very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple