“Good Location !!!”

Alor Grande Holiday Resort
Ranked #54 of 66 Hotels in Candolim
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Hii , it was my college trip to goa and stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. I had a great time , food was really good. Aparment was also good , cleanliness was very poor ,everyday the water use to get clogged in the bathroom. We had a DJ night arranged for us, quite good.
Its proximity to the calangute beach , is what i enjoyed the most.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Alor Grande was a great experience. We visited from 6th - 10th Feb 2014.

This is very centrally located very close to Delfino's on the main Candolim road and most of the apartments are owned by people who let them out.

We stayed in one such apartment and had a full service kitchen with the essential equipment, we did most of our grocery shopping at Delfino's and managed breakfast on our own.

The restaurant is quite nice, they generally have a buffet in the evening at a good price and the poolside is quite nice. It would have been nicer if the pool had more length to it but it was fine nonetheless.

They provide parking and the vehicle is under supervision 24X7 which is much appreciated. The staff is quite responsive.

Room Tip: Choose pools closer to the pool as that's where all the activity is. You could sit in your balco...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Hi All
Our group of 12 had stayed in the apartments of this resort from 16-18th feb'14.
The restaurant staff was really nice and Humble.The aparments were good too.But as soon as we rchd the hotel with all our luggage the first thing the receptionist told us that it was a bogus booking and the apartments are not their property. After few mins they found out the mails and alloted us the apartments.there was a paid Wi-Fi available. As my husband was working we had purchased the paid wifi.the first day it worked properly but on the next day there was a connection issue. So we took our laptop to the reception to check the issue. There was one fat dark receptionist (i am sorry for using those adjectives) but need to specify as the other was really humble. This fat recptionist told us that she had called up the person to check the issue.half n hr passed we were sitting down at the reception. I went there and just asked her how long will that person take to come and she rudely replied that I have called him that doesnt mean he will come immediately. I simply told her we r paying for the apartment and the wifi we cant be sitting down for hrs here. She again very rudely told me that we dont own the apartments they are not our property. I simply dont understand if they dont own the property why the hell they sell it on their name amd why the hell they sell the wifi? Dont make business out of property thats not owned by u. The management really needs to take some action against this female. The other staff that was rude to us was the swimming pool incharge..the entire day all the foreigners were relaxing there they used to put englisg songs..one evening only our group was chilling in the pool and we requested the dj to put some hindi songs and he did put them but this swimming pool incharge went there and changed the music again.we also had some arguments with him.
On behalf of our entire group I really request the management to take some actions after reading this feedback. Your overall resort is really good and very affordable.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Meghana03
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Helo Friends
i want to share my review for this hotel alore grand

this is very gud hotel as people say and i realy injoyed there..rooms are cleaned and fresh
pool is also very good with fresh water.. food is tasty and well built...i realy satisfied with them...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sahil741
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed in this hotel mid december and was taken to a horrible, musty smelling room far away from
the pool. The Tv didnt work, and so did the A/c. No water to drink in the room on checkin.The bed covering was rumpled and looked used. On complaining, someone came, got the a/c working but TV wouldnt come on. Bathroom had the bath seperate and the Commode seperate, You come on to the balcony and you find pigeon droppings all over and pigeons cooing around. I asked for a refund and wanted to vacate, and was then shown another room overlooking the pool and much, much better. So all those of you booking here, first checkout your room, and ONLY then decide to stay here ! Also, A relative of mine dropped by in the evening and the watchman and the reception refused to allow him to come up to my room, that inspite of telling them he is my relative and that I could leave whatever ID's required with them. They were outright rude. I however found drunk russian women clinging on to taxi drivers who were given a free hand in going to the guests rooms! I later shifted to Angels Resort ( read my review on
that )and never faced any problems. Breakfast was nothing great - as usual, indians were made to sit seperately.... why so much of pride for such a crap of a hotel is beyond my comprehension. I did order food a couple of times in the room, and it was tasty and reasonably priced ( except for the seafood, the fish was stale, overpriced, only one slice for Rs.250,which I thought was a rip off !). The pork and beef was reasonable, good portions.

Will I stay here again - NEVER EVER !

Room Tip: Check your room first, if not request for a change immediately ! Rooms overlooking the pool are in...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank vinn_2k
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here on many occasions ( I have reviewed before) returned home yesterday.
This year we had a great room (not pool facing) the room was clean and fresh, we had brand new mattresses, towels and linen. The room was cleaned every day, towels changed daily sheets every other day.
Alor is a great hotel for the price you pay. The staff are great and very helpful, we had a problem with the shower ( no hot water) it was sorted with in an hour.
Ignore the bad reviews ........ There are some serious bad hotels out there this isn't one of them!!!!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2014

seen some poor reviews of of this place and i think there a bit unjust its a budget hotel and as such it offers great value for money the staff are excellent its in a great location the rooms are big and airy cleaned everyday and for me i would stay here again without hesatation the only slight moan is the breakfast buffet is poor but for a small charge you can order what ever you like so not really an issue in my mind.
if your looking for clean budget accomadation then i would definately give the alor a look at.

Room Tip: pool side rooms are the ones to ask for
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple