Whispering Palms Beach Resort
Good 3.5/5
Magnum Resort(Candolim)
Great 4.5/5
2,052 results
All reviewsjacob johnevening entertainmentbalcony roomall inclusive packageswimming poolcurrygreat holidaytaxi standlive musicthomas cooknon vegindian foodawesome experiencehotel staffnorth goavisit goahouse keeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Awesome is one word to define this place...its like a home away from home...supreme class of hospitality and not to forget about the food...delicious would be a lesser rating..as i mentioned above goa is incomplete without a stay in this resort!!! cheers :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
JacobJohnGoa, General Manager at Whispering Palms Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Warm greetings from Whispering Palms Beach Resort !

Thank you for choosing our resort, and for taking the time out to review the hotel on TripAdvisor.

We thank you for your kind words of praise on our hotel, hospitality, and food. We take great pleasure and pride in serving our guests.

Guests like you are a huge motivation and inspiration for me and my team.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

awesum place
i enjoyed lot with my friends
very good service n superb dining

Room Tip: room no.- 426
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank saurabhmandal

Warm greetings from Whispering Palms Beach Resort !

Thank you for choosing our resort for your group, and for taking the time out to review the hotel on TripAdvisor.

We thank you for your positive comments on our hotel, food, hospitality, ambiance and staff, and for recommending us. We take great pleasure and pride in serving our guests and aiming to provide value for money.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have taken a group of 60... but I tell u the hospitality n the ambience was awesome. .. Each n every individual of my group felt good. .. mr. prashanth was taking care of the food n mr abdul coordinated with me the manager superb guys. .. Each n everything which they did was perfect. .. I recommend all of u for a pleasant stay at goa in whispering palm.. The best... Only thing when ur going to the sea make sure of the high tides which they Themself will guide... finally Thanks a lot for all the staffs for being so kind n friendly n made me n my groups trip a memorable one. .. this is an honest review... God bless u all. ..

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank jabezosborne
JacobJohnGoa, General Manager at Whispering Palms Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Warm greetings from Whispering Palms Beach Resort !

We thank you for your recommending us with positive comments on our hotel, food, hospitality, and staff. We take great pleasure and pride in serving our guests and aiming to make your experience the most pleasant.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed here whilst visiting Goa for 4 days and enjoyed the luxury. Rooms were clean, air conditioned and the food was good and plentiful. It is also close to the beach and so it is worth trying out the cuisine in the beach huts. We also enjoyed shopping at night in the street nearby and trying the different styles of meals. Recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kitbag49
JacobJohnGoa, General Manager at Whispering Palms Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Warm greetings from Whispering Palms Beach Resort !

Thank you for choosing our resort, and also for taking the time out to review the hotel on TripAdvisor.

We thank you for your recommending us with positive comments on our hotel, location, food, cuisine, and rooms. We take great pleasure and pride in serving our guests.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed at Whispering for 3 nights /4 days and I have to say we were overall disappointed with the major contributions to our disappointment being :
1. This was the biggest - we were bitten by mosquitoes in this place every where and at all times of the day. The restaurant and the sitting areas around the pool had mosquitoes and other insects all through the day and ate us during breakfast, lunch evening and night hours.
2. The staff ( besides the manager Subba who tried to help us as much as he can) was very negative and unfriendly and their first response always used to be 'no we can't/we don't ' . This I feel is a big dampner for guests at a place like this.
3. The place had hot water only between 6-10 am and 6-10 pm.
4. They had 1 wi-fi per room limit ( does that qualify fr wi-fi?) and that , by the way, barely really worked.
5. The pictures give an impression of a very cool and chic property where as it is a very ordinary property with ordinary rooms , baths being small and ordinary.
6. The good thing is they had some entertainment in the evening and some pool table etc. although it was disappointing that the pool was charged at Rs 150/frame.

On the good side, the staff at restaurant was helpful and tried their best to help the guests. Jawed was our server most times and he was very sweet. The breakfast spread was great and we enjoyed it every morning.

Overall, u can choose to stay here but then it being Goa, there are many better places available at this rate is my verdict !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kavvya a
JacobJohnGoa, General Manager at Whispering Palms Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Madam,

Warm Greetings From The Whispering Palms Beach Resort Goa!

At the onset, i am deeply disheartened to learn that you did not have a pleasant stay with us and we were not able to deliver a memorable holiday experience to you.

Goa over the last week has gone through some torrential heavy rains and we sincerely apologise for the irregular working of the Wi fi. We have taken it up with our service providers to ensure such issues do not occur in the future.

I would like to assure you that being a four star beach resort we follow a mandatory procedure to conduct regular fogging and pest control exercises on a daily basis. Being in a tropical place and considering the weather at the time of your stay there could have been some insects in the open pool areas. However we do not have mosquitoes at the restaurant areas or our food and beverage indoor outlets.

It is also regrettable that you were of the opinion that we have selective hot water timings - this is not the case and we have hot water supply throughout the day, till midnight.

The entire resort including the rooms has been recently refurbished and renovated around last year. I will be more than happy to clarify your concern on our rooms, and also understand, change, and address the issues you had in mind. You could write in to me on jacobjohn@whisperingpalms.com.

Your feedback is back is very important for us to keep improving our services and reach the expectations as desired.

On a positive note we are happy to note that you liked our entertainment and the food, overall.

Once again, Thank You for your feedback. My team and I do hope to have another opportunity to serve you and be able to meet your expectations and also to show you the difference your feedback has made.

With Warm Regards