My first impression of resort was not great. It looked like an old property with small entrance. However, the resort is quite different after you cross the reception. They had a nice one man band playing goan songs when we entered. Since I had booked for 3 nights, they provided free pickup from airport.
The resort has big rooms. Firstly, I didn't like the tiles. They were brown in color and looked like old style. But over days, I started liking them because they brought that old fashioned rustic look to the big room. Now the details:
1. The rooms are big. We took Studio suites. The outdoor is spacious and you can spend countless hours outside in the garden
2. Excellent Service. I've seen similar service in Ramoji studios in Hyderabad. After that, this resort. Really Amazing service.
3. The beach is 5 mins walking distance from resort. Couple of shops along the way. You can bargain hard there
4. The resort had provided live entertainment for all 3 nights that we were there. And it was really good
5. They had day long activities for kids. So, keeps them busy
1. The resort is in Candolim area. Not much to move around. Couple of other good hotel - but nothing more
2. Food options were quite standard. Similar type of food (Punjabi) during lunch/dinner. However, they were nice enough to accommodate our requirements for Jain food and prepared what we asked for. So, it got compensated
3. Liquor is expensive. I've stayed in 5 star acco in Goa as well but never had to pay 250 Rs. for 60ml of Smirnoff.
4. They do provide free pickup/drop for 3 night stay from Vasco railway station but not from Madgaon. I couldn't understand it. The diff is only 3-4 kms. They should be flexible here as well.
5. Wifi is quite slow. I couldn't download any of the movies (even short ones) that my friends have uploaded in facebook/whatsapp.
Overall, a great experience. Lot of people made our stay comfortable, Manish Gurung (Manager), Viraj, Mr. Alphonso (Chef) among the people whose name I could capture. But everyone was very courteous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whispering Palms’ unique feature is its location. It is just a minute’s walk or 175 meters from the well-known Sinquerim Beach situated in a very peaceful and serene surrounding. This often-described “Island onto itself” all-inclusive resort comprises of 106 well-appointed, air-conditioned accommodation units with en suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your Whispering Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whispering Palms Beach Hotel Candolim
- Whispering Palms Beach Candolim
- Whispering Palms Goa
- Whispering Palms Beach Resort Candolim
- Whispering Palms Beach Resort Goa/Candolim