We loved this hotel as a base, from the mainroad there are 2 restaurants either side of the dirt road leading up to Highland Beach reception, there are various shops, bars, tailors, fruit sellers etc until you finally reach hotel but it's a friendly walk. It's a large complex but quiet & security guards patrol their areas. There are lots of men touting for Taxi's opposite reception, negotiate your price before you travel & walk away if you're not happy as there are plenty more on the main road & outside Newtons. The Tuk Tuks are cheapest, 150 rupees from Newtons to Calangute & it's also a nice walk from the beach. We stayed in rooms 1501 & 1502 and both were 2 bed, 2 shower room apartments. They are large & adequate. The rooms are cleaned daily, but if you put your suitcase under the bed then expect a dust bath when you pull it back out! The bed was rock hard so we put the sofa cushions on top & slept better on those. The aircon is very noisy in the rooms so we put it on high to chill the room then the ceiling fan was fine for us through the night. The shower is powerful but hot water doesn't last long. Theres a decent size fridge with a freezer box. The TV has a film channel. Our room was on the ground floor with a balcony over looking the pool with a shallow & deep end sunbeds are around the pool & towels are available for a refundable 100rupees, if you look after the pool man he'll collect your towels for you & put them on your sunbeds. Safety deposit boxes are free in a room next to reception but you need a padlock for them ( you can buy one in Newtons supermarket for £3-4). Staff are friendly. Inclusive breakfast is Eggs, cooked all ways, toast jam, fruit juice, tea & coffee. They have a menu with various other options & 24hr room service which is chargeable. Laundry is cheap but it took 4 days to get back even though booked 24hr service. The lady in the 1st shop as you come out of hotel complex also does laundry. Free wifi in the bar/dining/pool area outside reception. Reception will change up money for you, but you'll get a better rate at the money exchange/book loan/shop along the dirt road towards the main road, and an even better rate in Calangute. If you turn right when you come out of reception and walk down to the bottom you'll find 'Shaddy Nook', they're open til 2.30, full English with toast, jam, juice, tea or coffee 180 rupees, steakwich with fried onions £1.20. There's also a leather workshop that has handbags & purses for sale or they'll do you a made to measure leather coat, our friend had 2 jackets made for £140.
Mango Grove on main road does fantastic cocktails & the tandoori chicken is gorgeous there, clean toilets, attentive staff, free wifi & good food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Highland Beach Resort is an all suite property situated at Candolim, Goa. A 3 star property, it is spread over a vast 8 acres and offers multiple swimming pools and all other modern amenities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Southall Travel, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Highland Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highland Beach Hotel Candolim
- Highland Beach Candolim
- Highland Beach Resort Goa/Candolim