This was our 3rd visit to Goa and i must say that i agree with gabilondon`s review concerning the pools they did clean them while in use during the day and there were lots of bugs and flies in 4 of the pools for most of our stay the best by far was the pool situated across the road from the main block . The staff in reception said it was due to the pumps being broken and they were waiting for new ones to be delivered ! That said we much prefer to go on the beach as it is more 'entertaining ' and you learn more about Goa and its people there . The rooms at the Highland are by far the best we have stayed in and very clean by Goan standards . They were cleaned every day and linen changed every other day and clean towels every day. Our room was big , 2 bedroom , each with a shower and toilet a lounge and a kitchen and A/C in each of them along with fans in every room. Friendly staff who greet you with hello every day and the breakfast was good, you can have an english if you prefer or just order bacon and eggs for a small charge (app. 80 rupees). If your there around 4.30pm watch out for the samosa man on his bike and dont be afraid to try some cos they are delicious you will hear him honking his horn as he rides through the complex to the main road. We dont use the travel company for tours instead it is far cheaper to hire a taxi and just as informative . My favourite beach is Mandrem about 40 mins ride away and will provide you with an in sight to local life in villages on the way. Watch out for the laundry where you can see all the towels hanging on the lines to dry in the fields. we had an excellent meal at East meets West in Baga but a bit closer to home is Foxy's just up the road from the hotel it doesn't look much but his King momo steak is excellent and well worth the 300 rupees. Try the carvery on beach road where you will be made very welcome by Ram the owner. Bonos shop is just to the left on the main road and if he doesn't sell it no one will he also gives a good exchange rate too ! The Arabian Shack is a good place to be on the beach, you can watch the parasailing and see the dolphins from the beach if your there early enough ! Once again we had a fantastic holiday in Goa and will be back to stay at the Highland next year . Happy holidays to all of you lucky enough to staying in this fantastic and friendly place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Highland Beach Resort is an all suite property situated at Candolim, Goa. A 3 star property, it is spread over a vast 8 acres and offers multiple swimming pools and all other modern amenities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Highland Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highland Beach Hotel Candolim
- Highland Beach Candolim
- Highland Beach Resort Goa/Candolim