Sonesta inn beach resort, Candolim Goa
A hidden gem in Candolim, Goa
We stayed there between Oct 27th & 31st
After landing at the Goa airport, and on the way to Sonesta inn in Candolim, we were very anxious to discover this place, as Sonnesta was our first stop, in 3 weeks long travel plan.
We were not disappointed, in finding Sonnesta as the most affordable luxury we have ever come across.
The hotel complex is beautifully planned, a lovely swimming pool in the middle, and have 2 story accommodations, rooms are large, clean and, comfortable, bathroom is not that big, big, but what it is inside is a big surprise, it’s a rain shower, a very powerful shower, with very hot water supplied. This is rare in India with water shortage problems.
Wi-Fi is available for free
Sonesta Inn enjoys high ratings by Trip advisor members
Staff are very helpful, there is a reasonably good buffet breakfast laid out in outdoor garden behind the restaurant, I would suggest some new variety need to be introduced in to the breakfast menu We tried restaurant, it was not too bad, as one has to acquire Goan taste.
They also need to make a paved path to the beach, which is right behind the restaurant / garden. If they pave the huge garden with stones, it will look much tidier and better than the current overgrown vegetations, and bush.
Sonesta inn is already proudly displaying its Trip advisor ratings, but if it charges little bit more on the tariff and provide sun beds and parasols to customers, will help Sonnesta inn join the Elite Club of hotels.
Sonesta inn has a Spa and massage facilities, at very affordable price, lovely lady Jyotsna does ladies massage where as gentleman Ravi does it for male.
They both are lovely people, a 30-40 minutes long Ayurveda massage and then a facial is only 950 Rs The massage parlour is clean and hygienic, also offers all types of services to ladies, we also enjoyed the Jacuzzi.
Sonesta inn is hidden in a little village called Anna Vado in Candolim. The village people are lovely; Matilda running a small general store is a wonderful and helpful lady.
Did Sonesta Inn pass A Happy Traveller’s 11 points Test?
1, Found the location peaceful? -----yes,
2. Comfort in room ---- yes,
3, Good sleep quality? -- Yes
4, Comfort in bathroom? ---- yes
5. Tea coffee making facility? Yes-- hair dryer provided? -- No
6, Bed linen, Towels clean? --Yes
7, Supplied enough towels and napkins? No
8, Cleanliness--- yes
9, Clean Crockery ---- No --- they need to invest in a dish washer
10, Was the food standard good? ---.Yes and no as one has to acquire Goan taste
11, Courtesy? ----yes
Will I return to Sonesta Inn? Yes
A Happy Traveller from UK
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 3 star resort in Goa with a perfect beachside location on the beautiful stretch of Candolim's Golden Sands, an ideal place to relax. Tastefully arranged around a vast central pool area, a gently shelving expanse of sand and garden runs from the grounds to the warm waters of the Arabian Sea, the scene of a spectacular sunset almost every evening. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Expedia, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Sonesta Inns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Inns Hotel Candolim
- Sonesta Hotel Candolim
- Sonesta Candolim
- Candolim Sonesta
- Sonesta Inns Hotel Goa
- Sonesta Inns Goa/Candolim