I have stayed at many hotels in Goa, budget hotels to star properties. 4 of us boys went for a 3 day holiday last weekend (21st to 24th Feb), and some of us wanted a beach side property. This was the only one available in North Goa for those days. A lovely location, great access to beach. We booked a 3 bed villa, which is split into 3 levels. Good pricing for this accommodation, but falls short horribly on the amenities. First - the door itself, struggle to lock the door. Door doesn't fit into the frame well. The toilets are carved out under the staircase or staircase landing. The ceiling height in the the toilets are a lil bit above 6 feet. One of us was 6'4". All 3 toilets are of same size. Improper plumbing, faucets, taps. No regular water supply. And as is the Goan tradition, response time for complaints is their own sweet time. We drove up from Bangalore. Not enough parking space for hotel guests. Most spots are taken by the taxis. They don't give space to hotel guests. A couple of drunk drivers creating ruckus in the night. Doesn't look like hotel management has any control over this crowd.
Very pathetic breakfast. At an ARR of Rs. 7500 approx. for double occupancy, you expect decent breakfast and amenities, knowing very well that half the occupants would not eat breakfast, so your cost outgo is less. With that buffer, you can afford to provide better breakfast.
We had to shift rooms to individual rooms from the 3 bed villa, since it wasn't available for the 3rd night. 2 of us got to stay in "Geetanjali " room, their honeymoon suite. Opulent, huge and well done. Same problem with the toilet, shower on the bath tub. you need to climb 2 steps to get into the tub to shower. Very stupid design.
In the age of LCDs and smart TVs, the hotel could help themselves by replacing box TVs of 21 and 29 inches with some LCD TVs. And also ensure regular water supply.
Problem with Goa is, every one wants to quickly cash in as if there is no tomorrow. Expensive rooms with no investments on amenities, bad meals, taxi drivers, bars, knick nack shops, restaurants, beach shacks... everyone. It is still a great destination for me to unwind, even after being there for last 20 years.
Staff is pleasant and helpful though
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 3 star resort in Goa with a perfect beachside location on the beautiful stretch of Candolim's Golden Sands, an ideal place to relax. Tastefully arranged around a vast central pool area, a gently shelving expanse of sand and garden runs from the grounds to the warm waters of the Arabian Sea, the scene of a spectacular sunset almost every evening. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sonesta Inns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Inns Hotel Candolim
- Sonesta Hotel Candolim
- Sonesta Candolim
- Candolim Sonesta
- Sonesta Inns Hotel Goa
- Sonesta Inns Goa/Candolim