Novotel Goa Shrem Hotel
OYO 1444 Silver Sands Holiday Village(Candolim)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$36
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
OYO 2303 Hotel Royal Mirage(Candolim)(Great Value!)
US$54
Casablanca(Candolim)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$49
1,423 results
All reviewssquare restaurantfront office teamcandolim beachla brisekids roomshuttle serviceguest relationskids play areaswimming poolexcellent stayspecial thanksluxury roomspecial mentiontravel deskamazing hospitalitywill visit againhousekeeping staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed here for 6 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. The lobby is spacious and open aired, which was a welcome from the pouring rain outside.
Check in process was painless and the check in staff was welcoming and friendly.

Rooms are nice, with really comfy beds. Had a great sleep on all days. There is a large LED TV as well, but the channels weren't HD however, which was a bit of a downer since I was there during the football World Cup. There is also a ceiling fan, that can be a major boon for people who have difficulty sleeping in hotel rooms.

We had a lovely pool view, so if you get the chance, request for one. The bathroom was clean and the water pressure in the shower was nice. The only downer was the bathroom sink. There seemed to be some black discolouration along the inside edges of the sink. It's not immediately visible, but once you do spot it, you can't not look at it.
My sister, who was staying in the other room had the same issue as well, but she brought it to the notice of the housekeeping and they fixed it. I guess I was too lazy to report it.

The restaurant was nice. Had a lot of meals while we were there and the food was good. The staff at the restaurant too, was attentive and friendly. They ensured that we were well looked after. I only wish I had remembered the names so that I could praise them here.

There is a basic gym as well, which is fine for some holiday exercising. For the kids, there is a XBox Kinect, that was quite fun to play actually...even for the adults.

The pool is lovely, though the floor is kind of rough, so people with sensitive soles can have issues of bruising. Also, there are steps underwater that can be difficult to see. I stubbed my toe twice, though thankfully it didn't hurt too much.

Newton's supermarket is located not too far away, though I thoroughly suggest renting a bike.

Overall, it's a great place to stay, if you want to be away from the crowds at Baga & Calangute, but still within comfortable travelling distance, in case you feel the need to visit. There are signs everywhere with the letters 'YOU', which signify the hotel's emphasis on the guests :)

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms are quite nice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GM-NGSR, General Manager at Novotel Goa Shrem Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Dhruv,

Greetings!

Thank you very much for the review and appreciate this gesture.

Look forward to Welcoming you again at Novotel Goa Shrem Resort.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is standard Novotel property.
However, regret is this is not on the beach property. Beach is nearby.

But the property is built in between of mix of residential area.
There is a hotel building and small swimming pool in behind with children play area.

Felt like you are in a small local still trendy hotel.
However the novotel touch is definitely there and there is no disappointment.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
GM-NGSR, General Manager at Novotel Goa Shrem Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings!

Thank you very much for the review and appreciate this gesture.

Look forward to Welcoming you again at Novotel Goa Shrem Resort.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were very pleased with our experience at the hotel esp. the quality of service, friendliness and attentiveness of the staff. The front desk was very accommodating and placed our room and our friends rooms adjacent to each other. They upgraded all of us in the process as well and were flexible enough to let us check out at 130pm since our taxi arrived late. The design of the lobby is very nice (a large atrium that opens to the outside). The rooms are well appointed and generally had a classier feel than what I expected at this price point. I will definitely stay here again. A special thanks to Amar and Susan at the front desk. Well done to all of you; you have earned a loyal customer to your hotel. Thanks, Adrian

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GM-NGSR, General Manager at Novotel Goa Shrem Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Adrian,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Goa Shrem Resort. Am glad that you were pleased with the overall experience at the hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and compliments for the hotel and the team.

I will share your comments specially with Susan and Amar. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this beautiful property for 4 days with my wife & my toddler to celebrate our anniversary.
Right from the check - in & through out our stay we had a wonderful experience.
Being with a kid it was essential for us to have something to keep her entertained. And; there we got introduced to their in - house kids play area. So thotfully designed, so amazing & creative that our trip & our choice of hotel looked complete.
The hotel staff is generous and are always equipped with a greeting smile which is very welcoming.
The rooms are spacious, modern, elegant and luxurious.
Buffet breakfast was superb
Buffet dinner was sumptuous & lively with the live singer on the Saturday night.
Don't miss out on the Sunday Brunch.

I would totally and satisfactorily recommend the - NOVOTEL GOA SHREM RESORT to travellers in dilemma of choosing hotel, when in Goa.

I have travelled places but never experienced this sort of warm & a smiley hospitality towards the guests. Truly a five star experience *****
Keep up the good work guys.

PS- A special thanks to the courteously vibrant staff & the entire team of this hotel to make our stay a memorable one.
(Mr Amar(for the courtesy extended for the late check-out), Ms Michelle, Ms Shabnam(for making our kid jingle in the kids play area), Mr Rajen, Mr Vinay, Mr Krishna, Mr Clive, Mr Deepak, Ms Neha, Ms Mamta, Chef Singh & his crew(for keeping our tastebuds tingling) Mr Vishal(for keeping our room spick and span)
List would continue....Kindly excuse if I have missed out on few more names !!
Applause. .......
Thank you all so much !!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Abhishek A
GM-NGSR, General Manager at Novotel Goa Shrem Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Abhishek,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Goa Shrem Resort. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with all our team members and thank you for specially remembering all their names and making a special mention in your review . I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just got back from a lovely holiday in goa and couldn't wait to review novotel goa due to lovely stay that I had out there.. bang on candolim main road, hotel is well located close to calangute, baga, panjim.. the lobby has a great open goa feel, massive and inviting. We were greeted with shell garlands and a fizzy welcome drink.. after a smooth checkin and seamless baggage services we settled into the peaceful property.. apart from few intial hiccups with the housekeeping which were sorted out very efficiently, the stay was perfect.. property is very child friendly with a lovely kids area, complimentary milk and khichidi, the also had an offer of washing 20 baby clothes for 550/- which truly a sweet deal.. the pool area is compact and nice, the in room dining is one of the best I have had in a long time.. food quality top notch both in room and at the square.. the sunday brunch is a Lovely family based affair.. staff was extremely efficient and attentive and all this contributed to a very comfortable and relaxing for me and my family.. highly recommended for families with kids..

• Stayed: July 2014
GM-NGSR, General Manager at Novotel Goa Shrem Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Saloni,

As your rightly mentioned, Family is the heart of our resort design. The rooms are ideal for families. Ample of activities for children.