I spent 5D 4N vacation at Goa with family in this hotel. We read extremely good reviews for this hotel on tripadvisor, but I must say, we were disappointed.
The only pros I would think about this hotel is its brand new, so you get a feel good factor for what you paid for.
Locality is a little advantage, you get good restaurants, shops just outside across the street.
- just an average property, you actually don't get a 4 star feeling, for the money you paid, especially when you talk about hospitality and facilities.
- breakfast exactly same during those 4 days. They didn't even bother to replace poori with paratha, poha etc.
- no bathrobe, hair dryer, carpet in room, which you get almost in every hotel of this level.
- toiletries never refilled during those 4 nights of stay. At the end we explicitly had to ask for it.
- my wife got a temporary tattoo and left few minor stains on the linen. They didn't even bother to try this out for cleaning and straightaway charged 2400/- on us. We were ready to pay the laundry charges but were given no option but to pay full amount. We brought the linen back home and guess what, the stains went away just with couple of home washes.
- absolutely no view, so people seeking views, go somewhere else.
- WiFi free but signal so weak that you can't even open google homepage. I had to use my 3G during my entire stay.
- no shower or changing rooms near the swimming pool. There is an open shower and a temporary curtain placed as a changing room. Who will dare to use such a changing room, that too just in front of the restaurant.
- even though the window glasses are claimed to be soundproof, this hotel is on the main road and we were hearing traffic noise almost during entire stay.
I would given them a good rating, but because of the money that they are charging, I am not all satisfied with my stay at this hotel, that too when it belongs to a good group.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 500 meters from the Candolim beach, The Acacia Hotel & Spa Goa is a luxury hotel located in North Goa on the main Candolim road, featuring 54 rooms and suites plus other facilities for guests to enjoy including three restaurants, a lounge bar, sunken bar and a spa. With first of its kind retractable sliding roof in India, Acacia lets its guests enjoy use of the swimming pool in all weather conditions. Modern air-conditioned rooms here will provide you with a flat-screen cable TV, desk and safety deposit box. Featuring a shower, private bathrooms also come with free toiletries. At The Acacia Hotel & Spa Goa you will find a 24-hour front desk and concierge desk. Other facilities offered include meeting facilities, a tour desk and luggage storage. A car can be rented for exploring the nearby areas. The property offers free parking. The hotel is 18 km from the example of baroque architecture, Church of St. Anne and 19 km from the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Basilica of Bom Jesus. The famous Fort Aguada is 3 km. The Madgaon Railway Station and the Goa International Airport are within 45 minutes drive away. Dining options include Eat Any Time Coffee Shop that is multi-cuisine, Masala Art that is an exclusive Indian restaurant and Izgara is a rooftop restaurant that serves grilled food and Turkish cuisine open from 1800 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Acacia Hotel & Spa Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Acacia Hotel & Spa Goa Candolim