The Acacia Hotel & Spa Goa
US$227
US$128
US$100
  • Breakfast included
Santana Beach Resort(Candolim)(Great Value!)
US$57
Priceline
  • Pool
US$133
US$129
De Alturas Resort(Candolim)(Great Value!)
US$376
US$294
Priceline
All reviewsrooftop restaurantopen restaurantcandolim beachwalking distanceview from the balconyroom servicebig balconyextra mileawesome hotelrestaurant managerthe main roadthe hotel staffneeds improvementbreakfast buffetdecent hotelwill visit againswimming pool
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel from 22 - 27 March. We arrived at this hotel with high expectations but when we saw this property its not as grand as shown in this photos. This hotel just opened this January and they need to sort out few things before it truly becomes a 4 star property which i am sure they will do in future. Let me list the pros and cons.

Pros :
The hotel is located at a very nice location. Beach is just a 5 mins walk. Just outside the hotel you can find many restaurants also.

2) The food at the hotel I must confess is truly amazing. This was the best part of the stay.We had all the dinners and most of the lunches at the hotel. The food was so good that we did not give a thought to eat outside. Try their chicken tandoor items and sea food , its really tasty and good. We were travelling with our infant and the Veg Kichdi they prepared keeping in mind the infant taste as being less spicy and less ghee was truly amazing . Thanks for such wonderful chefs. Also i want to thank Kedarnath and Asim for their outstanding service to us when we had food. Its greatly appreciated. Its people like you who add value to our holiday with your service.

3) The pool is really good and well maintained.

4) The reception at the hotel is also good. They listened to our problems patiently. I would like to mention Baburao here who listened to my suggestions given to him and told that they would definetely improve on it in future.

Now the Cons.

1) The greatest let down was the housekeeping which almost spoiled our holiday. I had read earlier reviews about how the guests were charged for the linen. When i entered the room i saw that the room was not at all maintained. The floor was not cleaned and it was sandy . The bed linen had a huge stain on it and there were oil stains on the pillow covers.When i reported the issue , The housekeeping immediately replaced them and apologised for it. There were 2 AC ducts and one of them was not working. The bathroom had no case for keeping soap and this made it very unconfortable to have bath . Also they have a door to the balcony which we had issue with. Our infant who could easily open it and run to the balcony and there was danger he could trip over , so we requested for the key to lock the balcony door but to my amazement the key was not available. One guy came in with lots of keys and tried all of them but could not get the right key. In the end he gave up. Imagine to face all such issues at check in . It took almost 1.5 hours and only the bedsheets and pillow covers were changed and floor wiped.Rest of the other issues were never addressed during our stay.

2) Second issue came when on 3rd day we asked the housekeeping to change our bedsheet and pillow covers. They showed us some stains and said you spoiled them. I pointed to them that all these stains are from colours that are sprayed during Holi and not by us. The housekeeping realised this and apologised.This is certainly you dont expect and i thank for the earlier reviews that really helped me here otherwise i would have been charged. This has left a very bad taste and thats why i am giving this hotel a 3 star.

At last some suggestions.
1) Get a doormat for every room since the room can get sandy after a beach visit. The guest can atleast shrug off the sand before entering the room.

2)Provide guest with key for balcony door as it can be easily opened from outside too and someone can easily jump the fence get in the balcony and enter the rooms.

3) Complimentary Breakfast and the Indian desserts in the masala art restaurant menu need to be improved both in taste and quality.

4) Ensure housekeeping pull up their socks and ensure guests are not put off.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We spent 3 nights at the Acacia (well worth it!). After 2 weeks travelling Rajasthan now to Goa was a grand trip. We were greeted warmly and professionally by the staff and given a welcome drink. Rooms were clean. We ate at two of the restaurants and were speechless by the level of service and quality (and quantity!) of the food.

The breakfast was INCREDIBLE!!!
with too many choices & nicely presented. Every day there were different dishes to lured your palate like: idly, paratha, puri, bhaji, poha, chhole, bhature, wada etc in indian counter & foreigner counter - sausages, bacon, baked bean, veg quiche, Roast potato, pancakes, French toast etc. the other side were Juices, fruits, cereals, breads & so many small small items to collect don’t remember all, oh - omelette & dosa counter on live as well! What else I need to eat more? Truly amazing & tasty food.

Nice and small swimming pool.The hotel is beautiful as it is brand new and there is beach just 5 min walks from the hotel.

Highly recommended & will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the left side
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I spent 5D 4N vacation at Goa with family in this hotel. We read extremely good reviews for this hotel on tripadvisor, but I must say, we were disappointed.

Pros-
The only pros I would think about this hotel is its brand new, so you get a feel good factor for what you paid for.

Locality is a little advantage, you get good restaurants, shops just outside across the street.

Cons-
- just an average property, you actually don't get a 4 star feeling, for the money you paid, especially when you talk about hospitality and facilities.

- breakfast exactly same during those 4 days. They didn't even bother to replace poori with paratha, poha etc.

- no bathrobe, hair dryer, carpet in room, which you get almost in every hotel of this level.

- toiletries never refilled during those 4 nights of stay. At the end we explicitly had to ask for it.

- my wife got a temporary tattoo and left few minor stains on the linen. They didn't even bother to try this out for cleaning and straightaway charged 2400/- on us. We were ready to pay the laundry charges but were given no option but to pay full amount. We brought the linen back home and guess what, the stains went away just with couple of home washes.

- absolutely no view, so people seeking views, go somewhere else.

- WiFi free but signal so weak that you can't even open google homepage. I had to use my 3G during my entire stay.

- no shower or changing rooms near the swimming pool. There is an open shower and a temporary curtain placed as a changing room. Who will dare to use such a changing room, that too just in front of the restaurant.

- even though the window glasses are claimed to be soundproof, this hotel is on the main road and we were hearing traffic noise almost during entire stay.

I would given them a good rating, but because of the money that they are charging, I am not all satisfied with my stay at this hotel, that too when it belongs to a good group.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
12  Thank 142kumars
Reviewed 22 March 2014

For the long Holi weekend my family (wife,kid and I) chose Goa as our holiday destination. The plan was to have a long relaxing weekend, so it was important for us that we choose a luxury hotel close to the beach. On looking up on the internet we chanced upon Acacia which had just opened in January. We liked what we saw, and went ahead with the bookings. Being a new setup we probably also benefited from some low room rates averaging 4500/- Rs per night.
The overall experience at Acacia was average. In fact if our room rates had been even marginally higher, I would probably have marked the experience as poor. Things went wrong from check in itself. The room alloted to us had a malfunctioning electronic lock. It meant that the swipe card had to be changed by the staff not once but thrice. For the first two attempts we had to wait outside the door, while the staff tried to fix the problem. Interestingly some of the staff members are not very conversant either with english or with hindi. Its usually a mumbling mix of the two. Rooms are spacious, neat and tidy but some furniture items can be better designed. For example, the cupboard is a huge pain to slide open. One has to literally lift the door and then apply some serious shoulder muscle on it it to slide it across. I got the staff to do it once, because I was scared that I might break the door. Wifi is free, but in the room it's as good as not being available. I could only connect from one particular corner of my room, else the signal is extremely weak.
The food at Acacia is bad. There is no two ways about it. I tried my luck both in room service as well as the coffee shop but all servings are bland and tasteless. My guess is that they are trying to cater to European taste buds, as opposed to Indian. The breakfast buffet is an exact replica, day in day out and not at all tasty. Service is atrocious. Water will only be served if asked repeatedly. I asked for half boiled eggs for my son, they gave me a full boiled egg. I brought it to their notice, they changed it and brought another one ages later. We crack it open, and its another full boiled egg. I ask for Puri for the bhaji on my plate (It is served fresh from inside the kitchen). They forget about the order. I remind them a second time. After 15 minutes the order still does not appear. I leave the table (as I am tired of waiting) informing the waiter that I did not receive my order. He is least bothered ! For dinner, I order a risotto from the menu, few minutes later the waiter says that it cannot be provided, please order something else. I look up the pasta menu, and ask what is the difference in the three that are listed. The waiter has no clue and has to chase up the chef to understand the difference. I finally order a chicken pasta, and what I get tastes exactly like a ready made packet of Maggie pasta.
The swimming pool at the hotel is quite nice and very clean. Its also very kid friendly. My child enjoyed himself thoroughly in it. Facilities around it were also adequate, with clean showers, towels etc. Location wise also Acacia is well placed, with the beach being a leisurely five minute walk from the property. Overall the property has the potential to do well, but it really needs to pull its socks up when it comes to service and the quality of its food and beverage

Room Tip: The more expensive rooms have a small balcony
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Partha P
Reviewed 21 March 2014

A great place to stay....service was outstanding...specially Sam was a great guy who helped us through everything...he was there whenever we wanted anything....the place is right next to candolim beach...where u can just walk down...really nice rester aunts which are a must visit...
Thanks Sam...it was truly a pleasure....

• Stayed: March 2014