“Small Room & Clumsy”
Review of Valentines Retreat

Valentines Retreat
Ranked #54 of 66 Hotels in Candolim
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We had a good stay, people and staff didnt trouble in any ways, restaurent downstairs is costly for such kind of a hotel, Rooms need to be cleaned daily and roof is not satisfactory as its slicing out. how ever if you wanted to take a chance and try you may go for it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 April 2013

I stayed there with my family for 5 days and 4 nights.The stay was good.Hotel is clean and neat except for the parking space availabilty for your car. Good location as beach is only 5-7 mins walk.I would like to go again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Atul S
Reviewed 31 March 2013

This was our first trip to Goa. We booked this hotel after reading review. Hotel is descent with good location. Beach is 5 mins walking. Hotel staff need to upgrade their service quality . Overall it was nice stay and enjoyed my time.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Hello !!! Every 2 year we plan a visit to Goa, no doubt I enjoy with people around, In Valentine I have found my second home… excellent service… clean and tidy rooms.. Basic amenities provided in the rooms and any additional stuff provided as and when necessary... a small kitchen… dining table for four.. comfortable seating arrangement within the room itself…
Service Staff excited to help at any point… And being from Bombay… am addicted to Tea and tasteful Tea across…
Clean Pool and more important cate taking staff always around… Especially would like to Thanks Pundalik for the well equipped service..
Keep up the good job…

Room Tip: Look out for the room towards Pool side.. they are big and well eqipped...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Mudassir_Pardesi
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I am extremely happy with your service and I will be referring you to my colleagues, associates and my friends. response time and availability has been very good... helped me have a peaceful vacation without strangling at the last minute for accommodation.

Thank you so much, We really enjoyed our trip. Thanks for making our trip a memorable one.

The arrangements were very good. The airport pick-up, drop, hotel transfers and city tour were excellently planned and managed very professionally. The total tour was within the budget and at phenomenally low prices.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amitb2021
Reviewed 20 March 2013

hey guys i am here to share my wonderfull experience in this resort it was very nice trip to goa with my friends i have stayed in valetines retreat i can say that this is a very gud resort with an exellent service the service of this resort is well maintained nd even the guys for the service are very gud they are very helping nd also there is a very gud restaurant they have indian as well as the continental food which is very delicious nd higene the management also helps their guest to make their holiday very memorable nd i have found this place very excellent for the holidays love goa i will surely love to come to goa again

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank vinay893
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I was very happy to stay with my family in this hotel. I had booked this hotel as it was near the beach and in my cost.We were warmly welcomed and got the room in time. The room was neatly prepared.first day after check inn i wanted one vehicle on hire for all 6 days which i had to ask on the reception. Here i was guided very well with the safety points by the staff name Mr. Pundalik and he suggested me one person car. After talking to him i felt that i must open my laptop and search near by places to make my family enjoy. I was surprised to see the preview of the same hotel where i was staying. i was surprised to read all the bad previews of the same hotel. After reading all the previews i was very much aware of it. On my safer side i used to care more about my family as my young daughter of age 21 and my son age 19 was also with us.
I read one of the preview that the hotel people have kept cameras in the rooms and in bathroom to take all dirty movies, so i checked each & every thing in the bathroom and bed room but there were no such cameras. yes in the lobby area were there but i think its safety for the clients..
i did stayed there for 6 nights with my family but i saw nothing like its written in the preview about this hotel. Yes i do agree that the hotel staff is less but we got what we wanted. the pool was also clean as we observed all this days.
There was a problem of lights cut off many times in a day but they have the battery back up invetor which made our stay comfortable.
I had been with my friend in this same hotel 2 years ago and this time with my family, i found lots of good changes in this hotel. I think one must not expect more from such hotels which are in very good cost.
i dont know why people have written so bad about this hotel but i did not find any wrong thing taking place nor i found any cheaters. At the time of check out i asked the manager why people write so bad about your hotel and he said that sir client needs 5 star hotel facility in our budget hotel so how can we manage. THATS THE POINT I GOT THAT PEOPLE MUST NEVER EXPECT MORE THEN THEY PAY FOR.
I am sorry if some one feels bad after reading my preview about this hotel but i have written the truth what i felt about my stay.
I really enjoyed with my family. We felt safe very safe. We never found any cameras in the room and in bathroom.
my vote goes to the staff of this hotel to atleast try to give more good service then what they are paid for.
WE WERE HAPPY WITH THIS HOTEL STAY.
THANKS AGAIN TO ALL THE STAFF FROM MY SIDE.
REGARDS