We stayed here in April from 23 April for 8 nights, were to celebrate my 2nd wedding anniversary. so a couple of days before I emailed the resort to try and give us an upgrade. Spoke to a gentleman named Shambu, he confirmed on availability we shall get it.. on arrival we were told we have been upgraded to a deluxe room room no 122, which had 2 pillars and a big beam making the otherwise spacious room look very small and claustrophobic.. in the evening when I went to complain about the room, the gentleman who attended knew from the moment i mentioned "we are occupying room no 122" about the pillar n the beam issue with that room and in addition I was told its a pavilion room 1 less than a deluxe room. Was a little surprised and confused why would a hotel of this stature do so. Anyways since we were only using the room to sleep and were mostly out most of the times it didn't matter much.
The anniversary evening was made really special by the boys at the Citrus Cafe led by Adam, Proful and Siddhak. A candle light dinner was organised on the pool side with the best of attention one can get. Thank you guys for the Chocolate cake and the bunch of Flowers (I think Shambhu had sent the instructions) !!!
In the mornings we were warmly greeted and looked after by Vinayak Bandodkar (the executive Chef), he made sure even if we were late for breakfast, we don't miss out on anything from a wonderful breakfast spread at the Citrus Cafe located by the pool side.
Housekeeping was excellent.
The location was excellent too, we were just 5 mins walk from the Candolim beach and the Shacks. Newton & the delfino super markets were in walking proximity too. there were a million restaurants to choose from around the locality.
If you don't have your own set of wheels in Goa and you want to explore areas around like the Fort and visit the other beaches you will feel a little paralyzed, The Automatic Scooter and the bike hire guys were right outside the resort (Must negotiate - A scooter for a day should cost no more than INR 150/- and a bike shouldn't cost more than INR 300.)
All in all we enjoyed our stay apart from a little claustrophobic room no. 122..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort offers 65 beautiful rooms and suites. All ground floor rooms provide access to a compact private garden. The six heritage rooms and suite, housed in a century old Portuguese mansion, have been restored to their original glory and appointed with all modern amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa Hotel Candolim
- Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Hotel
- Lemon Tree Goa
- Hotel Lemon Tree Amarante Beach
- Lemon Tree Hotel Goa
- Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa Candolim