“Awesome experience.”

Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Candolim
Bengaluru, India
“Awesome experience.”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Hospitality is very good, courteous staff and good reception and service. Overall a wonderful experience. I took my foreign friend and we took two rooms one in the ground floor and the other in the first floor. Food suited both Indian and western sytles and staff made the stay a homely one. Location is perfect and well connected.

Room Tip: Choose the room in the 1st Floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Varma D
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa. I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay.

When you decide to visit us next, please email me at gm.abr@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

15 cities. 25 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed for 4 days.
Pros:
Hotel was extremely good with prompt & anytime service. Really liked it for that.
Property is decent and location is marked with many good restaurants around. Beach is around 200 mts from the hotel.
Cons:
Though the Swimming pool looks beautiful in pics it is actually a kids pool ( 4 ft is the max depth!!!). Was seriously disappointed.
Breakfast area was really messy and I am not sure if they have the intention to rectify it. It is very cramped and with kids the place became horrible. You need to adjust your time of breakfast. Menu/spread as such was decent.

Room Tip: 1st floor could have been better.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa. We are happy to know you had an enjoyable and pleasant stay with us and found our hotel to be fresh and clean.

I am however sorry you did not enjoy the swimming pool experience during your stay with us. Our swimming pool has been designed based on the space available in the hotel and in order to offer the facility to guests and like most international hotels, we too keep the depth of all our swimming pools at 4 feet to ensure the safety and security of all our guests.

We have also noted your experience at the Citrus Café. We were completely sold our at the time of your visit, with many families staying with us, as a result you may have found it crowded. However, we are relooking at your feedback to understand the inconvenience you faced so as to improve our processes going forward. We assure you of a better experience on your future visits.

Please do give us an opportunity to make amends. Should you accede to my request, please email me at gm.abr@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Best regards,

Andersen Noronha
Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa

Ahmedabad
Reviewed 16 June 2014

A perfect location. On the main street but no disturbance when you are in the hotel and in room. Beach is 5 minutes walk from the back-side of the hotel. The hotel staff is the best that specifically includes house-keeping and restaurant staff, I will give them 10/10. Very good rooms, good and large bathrooms. I was given room on 2nd floor which is the only one room there with a big private balcony (I would say a small private terrace). The food is awesome. Elongated breakfast timings till 12 is the best thing they offer. I stayed there for 4 nights with my family and this was one of the best stay i ever had. No matter if you are travelling alone, with family (kids) or friends this is the best property for a relaxing holiday. The room was cleaned daily and the staff is so caring always ready to help.

I would like to mention few names of the staff who were really great:
1) Sandeep, 2) Jose, 3) Maithli, 4) Siddhesh

Just one improvement I feel is good Wi-fi connection needed.

Room Tip: Room facing the pool.
5 Thank atamh

Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel has a perfect location for a hassle free holiday. Although we had not specified that we wanted inter-connecting room, the front desk acceded to that request immediately and we checked into our rooms within 5 minutes. The service of all the staff was warm and spontaneous. Elongated breakfast timings till 12 noon suited us just fine :) The breakfast was sumptuous and I loved the banana pancakes !
The hotel is decorated with beautiful details like stained glass, colourful tiles, clay reliefs, and t-shirts. Beautiful pool with a sunken bar so that those who don't want to frolic can sit and soak on them.
Noticed a gym and spa but did not use them. Republic of noodles is attached to the hotel and serves wonderful Thai food. Other good restaurants nearby are Fisherman's Cove, De Candolim Bar, Horizon grill and lots of others.
Access to the beach is through a small village road at the back of the hotel. You have to pass the heritage villa to get to the road. Though not a private beach but rather isolated with some shacks and a lifeguard. You can walk upto Taj village and bottom of Fort Aguada.

Room Tip: Heritage wing rooms are quieter.
3 Thank SucharitaTripathy

Punjab
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed at Lemon Tree Amarante, Goa from 6th june to 9th june.
1 Location : Lemontree is located 5 mins walking distance from Candolim beach with its entrance facing the market. All the things were easily available.

2. Entrance : Entrance of the hotel is quite small but well kept with a fountain in between..

3 . Lobby/Reception : Lobby is adequate size with comfy sitting. Check in process was quite fast.Staff well behaved,trained and wearing a nice smile on their faces.

4. Pool/Pool Bar : Swimming Pool and land scaping around it is the USP of the hotel. If you like the pool pics in a travel website, you will actually love it when you see it. Its Beautiful.Pool Bar was quite ok stocked. Few brands available but very well priced.

5. Breakfast : Breakfast was not that vast as one would expect but it had some variety for everybody. Sitting capacity was less. Had to wait 5-10 minutes to get Breakfast table .

6. Rooms : The rooms wear a heritage look. Washroom was also ok types. But bedding was one of the most comfortable I have slept upon. Linen was prefect and clean like anything.Had a great sleep after long goa days.Independent Split Acs were installed and were chilling.Had to turn it off sometimes. The Con about room is that it does not have a balcony attached and there is no place to put your wet clothes so that it may dry.

7. Access to the Beach : It takes 5 minutes on foot to reach candolim beach. The passage is quite clean but I don't recommend to use it after the sun sets coz it becomes too dark and scary coz of off season may be as all the shacks and shops were closed.

8. One of the best thing I noticed about Lemon Tree was that they have recruited deaf and dumb staff too and they are always up on their toes to make you feel comfortable and you get the best smile from them when you ask for some help .There was a guy named Sandeep in the Breakfast section (service ) .Always smiling and running around to help you feel at ease.

All in all , I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in a 4* category hotel for a holiday with family and friends.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Pool facing rooms have good views (recommended for couples without children )
3 Thank espiritguy

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed in Lemon Tree hotel for 3 nights last month. Chose this hotel based on the review comments from this forum. Needless to say I was not at all disappointed and in fact the highlight of the stay were the well maintained rooms, overall service experience and last but not the least their fabulous pool. Most of the time was spent in the pool after our sightseeing outdoors. The pool is in fact very inviting, well maintained and pretty huge. But not so deep enough, thats just a small observation. Me & my family had a very relaxing experience accentuated by the well maintained and spacious bedrooms. The complimentary breakfast was nice with a good spread. You have so many hotels and restaurants outside and close to Lemon tree for lunch and dinner. Hotel has a Al Fresco theme and I felt it to be very refreshing and interesting. Well to highlight some improvement areas, felt the hotel doesn't have ample parking space if you are driving down (which was my case, though luckily i was able to find it at the rear side of the hotel), candolim beach is right behind the resort a 10-15 min walk but I felt the path towards the beach might not be safe after dusk, lastly restaurant staff could feel more inviting with a smile on their face. Overall a memorable experience in Goa and thanks to Lemon Tree for making it even sweeter. Will definitely consider Lemon Tree for future visits as well.

Room Tip: If you are going in the season (Nov - Feb) you can probably choose a Superior Room with a sit out. T...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Prasanth S

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 8 June 2014

If you are in Goa,you will want to be on a Beach and if you want to go to the beach,you will want to walk and not drive.Lemontree offers just that.There might be better hotels out there but you don't want to drive to those hotels in your wet clothing. Lemontree has a back door entry to the beach which is less than 5 mins walk.Back in the Hotel you have a very well maintained pool with an amazing poolside bar.The rooms are good,(i would have preferred a bigger room),maintained well.Kids pool is very good.You can leave your kid and relax.
The staff are courteous.Breakfast is good.
Be aware of while booking on lemontreehotels website.I booked it through them and realized that i didnt have a complimentary breakfast and wifi included.So i had to pay additionally.Make my trip is good for booking.

4 Thank Kali C

15 cities. 25 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Candolim
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
Goa Marriott Resort & Spa
Grand Hyatt Goa
Grand Hyatt Goa
#1 of 3 in Bambolim

Been to Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa? Share your experiences!