“Worth a visit”

Ranked #8 of 66 Hotels in Candolim
Pune, India
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Being a regular traveller to Goa, I found this hotel one of the best choices around Calangute. The food is good and service is excellent. Reception staff was very helpful throughout our stay. The hotel is located a short distance from the beach. They also have a decent DVD collection.

The only drawback is the space. The spa was a bit small and the rooms dont have much of a view but I guess you wouldnt be spending a lot of time in the room when in Goa, so it doesnt matter much.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dreamshell
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa. I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay.

15 cities. 25 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed there for 03 nights last week and had a blast. Nicely done room with good food @ Citrus. Very good service- in room, restaurant. Nicely maintained pool....restaurant lil costlier, good to have meals in your package.
5 minutes walk to Candolim beach....and located right on Vadi.

Room Tip: go for deluxe category rooms
1 Thank Deepak J

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Lemin Tree Hotel on the 9th of June till the 14th of june 2014.
I found the food and beverage staff to be attentive friendly professional and pleasant.
Front desk staff to be helpful professional and very nice.
Everyday housekeeping would leave animals made out of towels it made my vacation.
By far out of all the hotel's I have stayed in around the world this one was the best. It's must stay, to anyone looking for an affordable Hotel in paradise look no further.
I will definitely come back and stay at the Lemon Tree Hotel Goa in the near future

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed at the Lemon Tree in end May with family. Stayed in the heritage cottage at the back end of the property. Great room with the old goa heritage feel. The service is responsive. They have a pretty decent DVD library and we saw some old classics ! Breakfast is pretty decent. Excellent location with plenty of eating options around.
What could be better - parking space is a challenge. Food other than breakfast is ordinary and extremely expensive.
Overall I thnk it is a pretty decent stay but dont expect too much

Room Tip: The heritage cottages are good to stay with family
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 19 June 2014

For me a vacation is all about lazing around n relaxation. While choosing the stay at Goa with my family for this year , I was anxious as I wanted it to be best & value for money. My husband suggested Lemon Tree resorts because of his previous experience with the brand at other locations in India. It was a 4 night stay at this hotel ... and in short it was a great experience. The property is well located , close to beach, innumerable eateries, shopping complex , I can go on & on & on. The decor is very regal & that makes it more special. The rooms are well planned & we had peaceful night's sleep everytime as the beds were very cozy. The Front-Desk , Restaurant & House-keeping staffs are very prompt & courteous. In-house restaurants - Republic of Noodles & Citrus Cafe has amazing spread - a little over-priced though but tastes real good. However there are few suggestions as I really want this site to be the best place to stay in Goa & there are always ways of improvement even for the perfectionist -
1. Please change the door locks , they are out-dated & clumsy.
2. For the Coconut trees in the Pool vicinity, it is advisable if there can be net bags so that the heavy fruit does not end up smashing someone's head !!
3. Periodical cleaning of the pools on daily basis.
4. The entrance of the hotel is hounded by taxi drivers which is kind of rip-off for the residents of the hotel.

I am happy to stay in this resort & will surely come back again whenever we visit Goa !!

2 Thank Madhuwanti
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to know your stay with us was very enjoyable and comfortable as well.
We have noted all your suggestions and have been forwarded to our senior management. We assure you it will be taken very seriously. We are already in the process of changing the locks as well as putting a net under the coconut tree. We do conduct a thorough regular maintenance and cleaning of the pool but will re-look into processes and scheduling.
Your perceptive inputs will only help us to improve. We look forward to welcoming you soon with our friendly smiles and signature lemon fragrance. When you decide to visit us next, please email me at gm.abr@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Best regards,

Andersen Noronha

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Hospitality is very good, courteous staff and good reception and service. Overall a wonderful experience. I took my foreign friend and we took two rooms one in the ground floor and the other in the first floor. Food suited both Indian and western sytles and staff made the stay a homely one. Location is perfect and well connected.

Room Tip: Choose the room in the 1st Floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Varma D

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed for 4 days.
Pros:
Hotel was extremely good with prompt & anytime service. Really liked it for that.
Property is decent and location is marked with many good restaurants around. Beach is around 200 mts from the hotel.
Cons:
Though the Swimming pool looks beautiful in pics it is actually a kids pool ( 4 ft is the max depth!!!). Was seriously disappointed.
Breakfast area was really messy and I am not sure if they have the intention to rectify it. It is very cramped and with kids the place became horrible. You need to adjust your time of breakfast. Menu/spread as such was decent.

Room Tip: 1st floor could have been better.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa. We are happy to know you had an enjoyable and pleasant stay with us and found our hotel to be fresh and clean.

I am however sorry you did not enjoy the swimming pool experience during your stay with us. Our swimming pool has been designed based on the space available in the hotel and in order to offer the facility to guests and like most international hotels, we too keep the depth of all our swimming pools at 4 feet to ensure the safety and security of all our guests.

We have also noted your experience at the Citrus Café. We were completely sold our at the time of your visit, with many families staying with us, as a result you may have found it crowded. However, we are relooking at your feedback to understand the inconvenience you faced so as to improve our processes going forward. We assure you of a better experience on your future visits.

Please do give us an opportunity to make amends. Should you accede to my request, please email me at gm.abr@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Best regards,

Andersen Noronha

15 cities. 25 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Candolim
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
Goa Marriott Resort & Spa
Grand Hyatt Goa
Grand Hyatt Goa
#1 of 3 in Bambolim

Been to Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa? Share your experiences!