“Wonderful Experience @ Wonderful Place”

Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Candolim
Chennai
“Wonderful Experience @ Wonderful Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I got an overwhelming response when I reached the Lemon tree premise at Goa. Rooms were very neatly maintained and the room service is extremely perfect. I got a wonderful breakfast with vast variety of foods and a bathe at swimming pool is so chilling for us. Altogether I would like to rate it as 5 out of 5 and I would suggest my friends and family to visit it atleaast once!!!!!!!!!!Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sarath B
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa. I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay.

When you decide to visit us next, please email me at gm.abr@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

15 cities. 25 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
Nanded, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

It's a very nice hotel. Good value for money as it is right near Calangute beach. You can rent bikes right outside hotel gates. Supermarket is at walkable distance. Very nice pool. Breakfast spread is average. Rooms are value for money.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I visited LemonTree with my family for a 2night stay. Nice property with a good touch of Portugese architecture from outside. The rooms are spacious. The pool is also very nice. The beach is a 5 min walk from the resort. The resort is located on the main road with few nice restaurants and pubs next to it which gave us more choice for food. As a family we had a good time there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KishanV

Bhubaneswar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Me and my wife have largely positive opinions about this beautiful, cozy resort in Candolim. Enough to almost not care about a few small negatives that we encountered during our stay, but hairsplitting is what makes TA reliable.

So check-in was mostly good - we received immediate assistance with our luggage, welcome (non-alcoholic) drink, took about 10 mins. The first glitch - we had booked with hotels.com, got a good deal for a first floor room and we took a leap of faith in believing that everything would be in order at Lemon Tree's end without constant follow-up. It was not, and we ended up in a ground floor room 'reserved well in advance' for us. Oh well, 20 feet from the pool was swell, if a little noisy. There's a jaunty live band poolside in the evenings in season - old classics and a good good time.

The pool itself is inviting & sufficiently big with a kiddie area cordoned off. There's free towels, tubes, frisbees, etc. at hand - perfect.

Our room was comfortable and featured all the facilities/amenities one really needs - safe/kettle & supplies/stocked minibar/tub etc. The major glitch was the TV that had really terrible reception, but we were out most times and didn't let it get in our hair. The sit-out at the back (seemingly all GF rooms have them) is cozy but a bit of rain and the bugs appear. Also, it could have been made exclusive and not open to the back but I guess space is too limited to get walls up.

The hotel café where we had almost all our meals is right beside the pool, the buffet kept us interested and it is open really decent hours that you don't have to worry about making the deadline. Their restaurant Republic of Noodles though purportedly highly rated could've been better - a tad too muggy because there is no AC and the bugs have to be managed.

Location is great at Candolim, with the beach just a 6 min walk behind the property. Bike/car-hire takes about 4 mins - walk out of the gate and to the right and Benny or his buddies will hail you down and for a few hundred bucks & an ID as collateral, Goa is yours for the taking. The Baga/Calangute region is 20 mins by bike, Anjuna, Vagator a little further. Lot of market stalls and supermarkets around to buy a swimsuit/bags/snacks and of course, alcohol - astoundingly cheap, but everybody knows (and loves!) that about Goa.

In summation, Amarante is derived from a Portuguese word meaning 'to love'. And here at the Lemon Tree Amarante, that isn't hard to do.

Room Tip: The First Floor rooms are better to keep the bugs away especially if it's rainy.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SandeepPatnaik

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Couldn't have asked more for a Holiday! We were a group of 20 people with few families and stags on a organised tour.

Check in was simply superb! Stags given a separate rooms from the families and we were totally separated, so the fun doubled!!!

We did all the nonsense we could do and we were simply greeted with a big friendly smile! This attitude of politely smiling made a lot of difference in my stay there. I really really appreciate the way these guys handled us there. Hats off!!!

The pool was ok, nothing more to write about, though i feel they could have added a few more feet to the depth of the pool. It was more like walking in water than swimming.

House Keeping was great though they need to concentrate more on the maintenance of the electric stuffs.

F & B was nice and we did have an awesome service, especially Sandeep, Chandan and the chef Venkat, a few more guys were there too, but i don't remember their names. 5 star to service but only 3 stars to food! Lots of areas to improve on the taste, but not much of a complaint.

Ah! one more thing, when we checked in we guys were late for lunch and the restaurant was closed. The moment we told them that we are hungry, within a few minutes we were served with a decent lunch what they could do in 15 min. I don't complain, it was just fantastic.

We were there for 3 nights and no complaints from any one of us regarding the Hotel.

With a tummy full and a drunken eye, i went to sleep, that's Goa! Thank you Lemon Tree for making such a memorable Holiday!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Niranjan123

New Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed in this property last month for three nights. Humble staff, nice decor offering typical Goan culture, excellent ambiance. Food was good though some of the items were repeated in b/fast during the stay. Since my last stay in Goa was in Taj exotica, I could not help comparing the two hotels. But soon I realised it would not be apple to apple comparison and the concluding comments, Lemon Tree was worth its money. One good thing which I feel is an added advantage in properties in north Goa locations, one gets enough options of decent dining in the nearby markets unlike in south Goa where one is confined and completely dependent on hotel facilities.

Room Tip: ask for rooms facing pool on the ground floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BHATIA2013

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I had been to this place with my 3 other friends on July 12th. My 3 nights stay at this resort was amazing. Not sure where to start with........gentle greetings by staff from the time we check in till checkout, breakfast served, cozy room, cleanliness and maintenance of the place, its beach, proximity to market area and other beaches, availability of bikes on rent...wow...everything was so perfect. We didnt had to use our GPS to explore goa, staff provided us good guidance on planning our day trip. I really appreciate the choices we had at breakfast buffet + its timings (starts at around 7 and till 12, and we literally skipped our lunch). Baked fish + Pizza dosa...a must try. Swimming pool was always tempting, but beach close by was more appealing. I am sure more trips would be planned to goa, and stay would be no where other than Lemon tree.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Durgapp

15 cities. 25 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Candolim
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
Hyatt Place Goa Candolim
Hyatt Place Goa Candolim
#13 of 64 in Candolim
Vivanta by Taj - Holiday Village, Goa

Been to Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa? Share your experiences!