Santana Beach Resort
US$38
Priceline
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
De Alturas Resort(Candolim)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$54
1,797 results
All reviewscalamarisplash barprivate beachswimming poolsmall kitchenlive musictowel artclean beachnorth goabeach resortthe main roadoff seasoncomplimentary breakfastfort aguadabeach sidestandard roomrooms are big
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I visited the resort in November after reading all the reviews here and was very happy with my experience. The resort location is perfect, right on the beach. The rooms were big enough with proper furniture. Food was good too along with the service. Staff was helpful and friendly. There is this beach shack restaurant, Calamari, just behind the resort which gives you a perfect view in the evening... loved this restaurant too... Do try this shack if you visit candolim

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nimit_Faldu
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Whenever we (Me,Wife & our Daughter) have opportunity, we do not miss to visit Goa. Often we use to place ourselves in Panaji, This time I surfed around and happened to visit tripadvisor.in for reviews. I was little hesitant to book in Santana reading few mixed views related to safety in the surrounding of the hotel. We went through plenty reviews & finally booked with Cleartrip.com for the best deal they gave us during the promotion.

We reached the property around 10:30 am in May 2012 & at the reception we were informed by the staff that the rooms are getting ready so we can keep our luggage & can sit or roam around the resort. We got a warm greeting by everyone while roaming inside the resort.

Around 11:30 after inquiring the front desk guy(do not remember his name) told us the rooms will be ready in a short while & offered us welcome drink & fresh towels ( which was required by us at the arrival ). Unfortunately my Daughter broke 2 glasses of welcome drink, for which the Front-desk staff's reaction was very normal which pleased us. I asked them to charge for the glasses in my Bill ( which was not charged)

Around noon we were accompanied by a nice guy to the room. The room looked good for the price with spotless bed sheet, very clean toilet & gave a very good first impression. The only thing we missed in the rooms was plush interiors ( which was not exactly we were in Goa for ) & the view from the Balcony .

Next 6 days we stayed in this hotel passed so quickly enjoying the morning healthy breakfast, Swimming pool , Lunch in the Restaurants on the Fort Aguada Calangute road, followed by some afternoon rest , evening walk on the condolim beach . Dinner at Fisherman's Cove (worth eating) or some good restaurants on the main road.

We liked this hotel for its Location(proximity to the beach, proximity to the restaurants, Market), Cleanliness, Co-operative Staff ( especially Kris, the fat bar tender at swimming pool,The tall dark goan guy who manages the restaurant )

Almost after a month we are still missing those moments spent in Santana...which being of 6 days passed like a click. Our next trip in Goa will be for sure in Santana only. I wish Santana management manages the Hotel similarly & keeps its name as the "Best Bargain Value for Money" hotel in Goa.

The only negative thing I have to write about this hotel is the Television connection was most of the time not working. Which was a complaint by my daughter as she had to stay inside the hotel room during sunny May afternoon.

Room Tip: Try for Pool facing Balconies.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank geminiansailor
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I read so many grd reviews about the resort and they were so true.....we had a grd time.Just came back today after 4 days.Special mention of the staff , they were really helpful and smiling.We were received by a smiling Alistar at the reception and a real old dog I think the name was elfi n immediately we got into holiday mood.nice , green landscape, helpful staff special mention for Kris, Sohan n the one by the pool side , can't recollect the name.we are planning to go again soon.thanx to the Santana team for making it a memorable stay.one off hand observation is that if the beach was cleaner it would have been even greater...For prawn lovers check out there prawn maya with mango salsa...awesome....best wishes to santana team.Go with holiday on mind and a laid back attitude because that is Goa for you .

Room Tip: A room by the pool , first floor is cool, the splash bar pool.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank swan19
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Me , Wife and Kid stayed 3 Nights at Santana, we were warmly welcomed at reception with welcome drink and face towels.All the 3 Days was good. Staff was very co operative. Food was also very good.Break Fast was included with our booking.Beach is 5 Minutes walk..Be aware of stray dogs while going to beach with Kids. Over all we had a nice stay at Santana.We had a great holiday at Santana.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KiranMaxwell
Reviewed 7 June 2012

The location is excellent, right off the beach, and still on a main road with lots of shops and restaurants. The grounds are pretty and well maintained. They spray the grounds to keep mosquitos away. I stayed in a single room, which was extremely spacious and included a living room, bedroom, kitchen (sink and fridge, no stove), and bathroom. The room and the bathroom (which I am very picky about) were spotless. The staff were very helpful and pleasant, and they arranged taxi rides for me on various occasions. The restaurant was only so-so, but there are other cheaper and better places to eat nearby. Wi-fi is available (for a reasonable price) and is reliable. The only downside was the mattress, which was rock hard -they had tried to soften it with a padded mattress pad, but ouch, my back felt it. Also, I came in the off-season. I was worried it would rain all the time, but I had many days of sunshine and beaches all to myself.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo