“Great service & Honest guys”

Santana Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 69 Hotels in Candolim
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Hello All,

Sanatan is one of the best resort in goa which I have stay.

Standard room was in an excellent condition , I got the return of the money which I invested . Cleaning was of good quality. Breakfast was Delicious ,A/C was in a good working condition . Property is well maintained

one more thing , I forgot to my watch in the room itself and when I came to notice after returning to my home , I called resort and they told me that watch is with them. I paid the courier charges and they deliver me the watch at my address.

Overall you should get the return for which you are paying.

Room Tip: I was staying in the room which was in-front of the swimming pool. I suggest you should choose room...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,753)

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Just got back from our first trip to Goa and it won't be our last, what a lovely wonderful place it is, lovely people and food. Santana Beach is situated in the quieter end of Candolim and has direct access to the beach from the lovely well kept gardens. Our room was quite spacious and had a fridge, kettle and table and chairs, air con and ceiling fans.Bathroom nice size and balcony reasonable size with 2 chairs and table. the view from balcony looked out on to the side road and properly was not one of the best,but only really used it early morning or early evening before going out. The room was cleaned every day by the lovely friendly boys who always left us some form of towel art. Hotel has 2 pools one nearer restaurant and the splash pool which we used more as was nearer our room and more inviting this was at the far end of hotel. The hotel feels very safe with guards on all exits 24/7. Food for breakfast was ideal and sufficient to start the day. Never ate at the restaurant on site, so can't comment on food or service but did try the hotels shack once Calamari and food was ok but nothing special. My husband and I preferred to eat out in the beach shacks all long Candolim beach. A few good shacks were Dom's, tidal wave, Ganash but in all the whole experience of eating at any of the shacks and the value for money was a pleasure. Most evenings we went up the main road of Candolim which is quite noisey and busy and an experience in itself but still added to our holiday. Some good restaurants in our opinion were 21 coconuts which was opposite side of the road to hotel and Floyd's hut which was further up the main road and all good value. On our stay at santana we also did a couple of trips which we booked with cosmos and they were the spice plantain and waterfalls with the monkeys also included showering with an elephant and a ride on one, the price for this was £50 each,could get cheaper if you look around this was a long day ,but enjoyed getting out and about and seeing other parts of Goa. We also went to small cola beach for the night and stayed in a tent on the beach which included your lunch evening meal and breakfast next day, this I would recommend but only one draw back when tide goes out its very rocky and not suitable for swimming but never the less still a beautiful place this was £40 each. When we booked our holiday January in 2013 we used TA for the choose of place and hotel to stay we also read about a place called Agonda White sands which we decided to visit for a couple of days, we pre booked a Beach cottage and paid extra for the only full sea facing one. We took a taxi outside Santana beach to Agonda which is in the south of Goa and the journey was around 2 hours and only costing £18. Well all we can say is GO to this unspoilt amazing, beautiful, place. The menu and food was some of the best and still very reasonable priced, the cottage was well presented, large bed with mosquito net and an open air bathroom to the rear with marble fittings and shower. On our last night in Goa we went to Mackie's saturday night market this was worth a visit with all the stools and live music. Dont go by your first impressions, ie... Airport hassle and bustle, dirt dust and rubbish because once you look past this it is the most wonderful beautiful and vibrant place. A big thank you to all staff at Santana beach resort for their attentive service would stay again.All in all this was one of the best holidays we have been on and enjoyed all what india and Goa had to offer. Give it a go you won't be disappointed. Any more info just ask.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SothamptonKinkyboots
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This is the second year running that we have visited this hotel this year for 3 weeks over Christmas and New Year. This hotel is the friendliest place we have ever stayed nothing is too much trouble for any of the staff. My husband had unfortunately suffered an accident some months before we stayed at the hotel but we still on crutches and the staff could not do enough for us. The gardens were beautifully decorated for the Christmas period and still kept to their usual pristine condition. The Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve Gala Dinners were fantastic food excellent on both occasions. If anyone has any doubts about this hotel all we can say is don't we cannot recommend it highly enough, rooms are kept lovely and clean the food at the hotel is great and the prices aren't bad either. Not a bad word to say about this place. Can't wait to go back hopefully in December again this year.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Our 9th visit to Candolim in our 6th hotel but no need to look any further!The hotel is so clean and tidy,a smile on everyone,s face soon put a smile on ours even after the usual airport nightmare.
Calamari beach shack good but expensive compared to other shacks but daily live music.A great pity that more guests do not use the hotel restaurant where we found the food outstanding and the service excellent.The hotel videos could do with up-dating as they do not do justice to how it is at present,particularly the gardens.All in all we had a great time and will definately return(when the new airport is finished that is)

Room Tip: Rooms are varied in size etc we had a ground floor in the 500,s with a nice balcony
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We stayed at Santana Beach Resort last year over Christmas and new year and I gave it a good review. We had a lovely room last year and the holiday was great. This year on arrival we were allocated room 101 and it was like a prison cell. We said that we wanted something better than this we were there for three weeks and I was not spending it in that room. It was explained to us that the holiday company Cosmos had just paid for basic rooms and that the room we had last year was a superior room. We paid extra only £100 for the three weeks and got the room we had the previous year. We don't spend a lot of time around the hotel we meet up with friends each day on the beach just coming back in the evening to change and go out to eat. However as we had paid for it we went to the Christmas Eve gala dinner. We were told to be there for eight. By half past nine we had still not had anything to eat. We just walked away and went out to eat. it seemed to us that it was just an exercise in getting people to buy a lot of drink that was not included with the meal. We didn't go to the new years eve dinner as we were meeting up with friends. The staff at Santana are lovely always friendly and courteous from management down to the room boys and gardeners. The only other thing that put us off going back was the hotel next door which over the Christmas period was playing loud music until three in the morning on two occasions preventing us from getting any sleep. On New Years Eve the music did not stop until 5 a.m. We have booked up to go to Goa next year but we have booked an apartment on Regal Park. We went to have a look at apartments when we were there and it is a lovely development with a high standard of apartments and it is very quiet. I have to say that we have stayed in various different hotels in Candolim over the years but Santana Beach was the best. I must give a mention about Shivers bar and garden eatery. It is Tibetan a really lovely place with a great atmosphere food was gourmet standard two courses and drinks for two came to about £15. It is opposite Kingfisher house, Try it is the best food we had in Candolim

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FoxyladyTiptreeEssex
sbr_goa, Owner at Santana Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Guest,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall at Santana. I apologise for your experience on the 24th - the Gala Dinner. We were a little late this year in opening the buffet compared to previous years but I assure you it was not due to wanting to serve more drinks!
The party start time was 8pm. Snacks were served on the tables from 8.15pm and we aimed to open the buffet by 9pm but ran a little late due to a few problems and I think it opened by 9.30pm. I didn't realise that you left to go somewhere else to eat, if you had let me or any of the staff know we would have assisted you in whichever way possible. I do apologise though and will personally ensure that in future the buffet opens a little earlier

With regards to the loud music from neighbouring hotels, unfortunately we have no control over it as during Christmas and New Year there are a lot of parties going on and its the only time of the year there are less restrictions on noise pollution.

I know you are going somewhere else next year, but I do hope you do come back to us at some point, even if its just for a drink

Regards
Leanne

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I have been here in 2011 and then back in 2013 and this place certainly surprise me with every visit. It was nice to see most the staff is same from last time and there is same warm-ness in your staff, they very nice, polite and taking care of all the needs.

We were 2 families with kids and we had wonderful stay at Santana and I really wanted to pass this compliment from all of us to everyone at Santana. Hotel took care of every request with warmness. Renovated rooms are too good and perfect, taking care of all the needs, everyone absolutely loved them

Pro:
- Practically private beach
- Excellent clean rooms
- Good & Warm service
- Good food and drink specially at calamari
- Dry kitchen
- reasonable rates

Cons:
- Need items in Indian breakfast, specially kids need them.
- Better maintained swimming pool.
- Other than swimming pool view, practically none of the rooms have view.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated rooms
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Revisited the Santana Beach last month and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff here are a credit to the hotel, rooms are spotlessly clean, the breakfast is good, the hotel grounds are kept immaculate and we love the location ! Wifi is available at very reasonable price and worked well at the swim up pool area, breakfast area & Olegarios bar - not so good in our room but maybe depends on where your room is.
Calamari beach shack has good atmosphere with singers on certain lunchtimes and the food is very good, they now charge 100 rupees (approx £1) per sunbed but its worth it for the comfortable sunbed & beach view !
Will definitely return to Goa again soon and would only consider the Santana when booking our hotel.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms overlooking the pool with the swim up bar have nice terrace area.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends