“Amazing experience”
Review of Alila Diwa Goa

Alila Diwa Goa
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Salcette
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I spent 3 days at the Alila Diwa Goa and absolutely loved it. The property is beautiful and the infinity pool overlooking the paddy fields is my favorite place within the hotel. What makes the experience really special are the little surprises the staff throws in for its guests like preparing a special bath or creative towel art in the rooms while you are away.

The spa is a must visit. Beautifully done up with attached outdoor rain showers, the staff is very well trained and customizes treatments as per your needs.

Among the restaurants, I really enjoyed Spice Studio. They have a nice mix of different indian cuisines and innovative martinis like a Kokum Martini. For people who love breakfast, I highly recommend the all day breakfast menu at the Bistro. It has yummy waffles and salmon benedict.

All in all, it's been one of my best stays in Goa.

1  Thank Medha2013
SSavkur_GM, General Manager at Alila Diwa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Siddharth Savkur

Write a ReviewReviews (2,075)

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Alila Diwa Goa is a beautiful place. There is so much of greenery all around. It has a very peaceful and a calm enviornment. The rooms are excellent. The service is very good. Food at Spice Studio is very nice.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

When I first heard from my colleagues that a retreat has been planned at Alila Diwa-Goa, I thought this is some distant cousin of the Leela group.

Things changed as I entered the lobby. Its vast and airy. When I visited it was pouring and that only added to the romance of the place.

I entered the room--which merges the bath and the room (with a movable partition). One side of the room overlooked the lawn which was glistening green due to rains.

I wished I had come on honeymoon rather than a business trip.

Off to lunch the spread is a good mix of Indian and continental and taste was OK. The let down area was dessert section which good on variety was taste wise just passable.

Back to the room in the evening, I looked across the vast window to the rain falling on the lawn outside and felt like a poet. When the rain stopped I could listen to the chirping of birds as the day ended.

Early morning I took a walk of the property and thereafter just sat besides the pool which overlooks the fields which separate the hotel from the beach area. (you can't see the beach, it is a 15 minute easy walk or one can use the hotel vehicle (complimentary)).

In the early morning atmosphere, I watched the dark monsoon clouds float by, birds starting off the day, coconut trees swaying to the breeze, and watch ripples in the swimming pool due to a slight drizzle.

The roar of the sea from a distance only added to this ethereal magic of the place.

As the time came to travelling back, I was rejuvenated.

Though I traveled on business, I recommend Alila Diwa for all.

Alila Diwa is luxury designed to connect with Nature.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
SSavkur_GM, General Manager at Alila Diwa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for your very detailed review of our resort. It is wonderful to know that we were able to make your stay memorable. We have noted your feedback and will take corrective measures. I hope that you will notice more exciting improvements at the resort on your next visit. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our resort.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Couldn't have asked more for a Holiday! The rooms are spacious and nicely done with all amenities one require, one of best pool to dive in.. food was amazing and courteous staff! Over all a memorable trip :)

1  Thank AashimaG
SSavkur_GM, General Manager at Alila Diwa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Alila Diwa Goa, approx 20mins driving distance from Goa Dabolim International airport, is a lovely property situated cosily between lush green paddy fields and soothing Gonsua Beach in Majorda. As I approached it, I could sense the peace of leaving behind chaotic traffic sounds. The south end room that I was allotted had a beautiful view from the balcony. Large green fields, cows and buffaloes grazing on them and the fields lined with tall coconut trees. For a person like me who landed here directly from the concrete jungle of Bangalore, the sight was heavenly!

S P A C I O U S R O O M !

As I walked into the room I felt I could easily throw all my body parts around and still not feel cramped. The bathroom was a room too, very well planned and included in the room yet separated well with huge sliding doors. When did I visit Goa last? May be it was during the initial months of married life when I was too dazed to notice anything. Not this time! I had time enough and plenty to walk through all their facilities and I enjoyed the whole experience!

Before I checked in I was asked to mail in my choice on various factors, one among them was that of pillows from the pillow menu! Now that was a first time for me! They have a wide range: Super soft, cotton comfort, cervical support pillow, non allergenic pillow and more. I saw no reason to call in for their room service.

Two of their facilities that I found very well equipped and furnished were the gym and kids area. Those families with young kids and toddlers have more reason to have happy hour at the gym and pool. The staffs at their kids’ corner are well trained and parents can leave their children there while they sweat in gym or soak in pool.

The infinity pool is fairy tale like! It faces the paddy fields with coconut trees standing tall providing natural shade in the noons. Notice the sunken pool furniture where one can enjoy a beer while soaking in the pool. I was almost tempted to take a dip there but had to give it a miss owing to my commitments in the city. The evenings here, with sun setting at the horizon visible from the pool are just not to be missed I was told.

Yet another place to escape from all tensions of life is their spa! Spa Alila is stuffed with signature oils and creams, here I allowed myself to be lavishly pampered by the nimble but strong fingers of a young masseuse. The spa provides unique treatments, blending ancient Asian and Ayurveda healing tech.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your very flattering review! I am delighted to learn that you had a good stay with us. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our resort.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Calm ambiance, quality service, good food, tidy room service, wonderful spa, amazing pool side and what not. Alila has surely been a nice stay for me. Plus they have got there own tiny beach which can help to relax along shore line. High Five!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
SSavkur_GM, General Manager at Alila Diwa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

I am delighted to learn that you had a good stay with us and glad that our product and service met your overall expectations. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our resort.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This has been the best ever value for money holiday we have had as a family. Great food, accommodation, service - smiling, friendly and helpful staff without being overwhelmingly friendly. Self contained hotel with all the amenities and yet has enough number of local eateries within five minutes walking distance if you need to take a break from five star eating and imbibe the local flavour. Each room has it own balcony sit out allowing for your own private space. Loved every minute of my stay and will definitely be back for more next year!!
PS loved the en-suite bathtub!!! and the walk in closet and frankly the pool area is so beautiful didn't really feel the need to go to the beach!! :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SharmilaKatre
SSavkur_GM, General Manager at Alila Diwa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for your very flattering review! It is wonderful to know that we were able to make your stay memorable. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our resort.

Siddharth Savkur

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salcette
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa
Grand Hyatt Goa
Grand Hyatt Goa
#1 of 3 in Bambolim
Taj Holiday Village Resort & Spa

Been to Alila Diwa Goa? Share your experiences!