“One of the top hotels I have stayed” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alila Diwa Goa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Alila Diwa Goa
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Salcette District
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
“One of the top hotels I have stayed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Ever since I arrived at the Alila Diwa hotel in Goa, I was captivated by how beautiful the property was, how good the service was (mostly how friendly everybody was from the welcoming front desk at the Diwa Club area to the House Keeping Staff- Especially Scollon De Silva and Anwar) to the average employee I would come across.

The hotel is a Five Star property away from the crowd, and my family and I will definitely be returning soon, and many times after that. The house keeping staff especially is not only friendly and easy to engage, but proficient and good at what they do. My room was tended to by Anwar and Scollon who are capable young men that I was very happy to meet and hope to see again.

I will definitely be telling my friends about the Goa property of Alila Group, and hope that when I next return I will have a similar experience (and am quite certain that I will)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SSavkur_GM, General Manager at Alila Diwa Goa, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
I am delighted to learn that you had a good stay with us. Thank you for complimenting the team for their good work, especially Scollon and Anwar, i will ensure that your praise is shared with them. I look forward to meeting you on your next stay with us.

Siddharth Savkur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (538)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

we stayed in this property for 3 days in july 2014.on reaching we were given a warm welcome.we were upgraded to diwa club suites.the checkin was swift .shaheen was very friendly and gave the full information about the resort.the rooms were very nice and spacious and comfortable.we had booked 3 rooms and were family of 7.the beach was about 500 m away but they have very nice shuttle and yu can reach the beach in 2 min.the walk to the beach is very nice.juhi at the reception was very warm and catered to all our needs.the food was good.the swimming pool was large and very clean.the mini theatre was an added attraction.overall experience was superb.would like to visit again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank pmittal2014
SSavkur_GM, General Manager at Alila Diwa Goa, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
I am delighted to learn that you had a good stay with us. Thank you for complimenting the team for their good work, especially Shaheen and Juhi I will ensure that your praise is shared with them. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our resort.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights with my husband for a business-cum-family trip during monsoon. We had booked Alila Diwa room, however the hotel upgraded us to Diwa Club (Nice). The hotel is competitively priced compared to other 5 star properties in Goa. The welcome process is quick and refreshing. The property looks amazing until you cross the Alila Diwa gardens and get to know that the Diwa Club is surrounded with so many residential houses. They have two residential houses within the property (and we found residential people driving bikes randomly). The rooms are quite nice and big, with a modern style bathroom, however the view from room is busy residential houses and not a Goa'n view. They have quite a few restaurants; with just like any another hotel food options. If you are in Goa for beach or beach view you need to walk for 10 mins to reach there from this hotel. They claim to have frequent shuttle services, that is not so frequent. We woke up in the morning with a lot of residential house noise, and found their restaurant super busy to get some breakfast to make up the morning. To avoid hassle, we tried ordering food in the room other day, for which room service never cleared the plate (even after requesting them over a call). The check out process is very painful too! We requested them for half an hour extension to check out, because of obvious odd flight times and they were very strict about not extending it (as the hotel was busy). When we arrived at the reception, it was very sad to know, that they were happy to give exception to many other guest for an hour and two. My only bit is, you can get better hotels at this rate; like Taj Exotica, Hyatt and Lalit, which can offer you great service and experience. It's all about service and experience when you prefer south Goa to spend your holidays.

Room Tip: If you want a vacation in a decent property, with beautiful rooms, low service quality and no access...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank AnubhaUpadhyay
SSavkur_GM, General Manager at Alila Diwa Goa, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
I sincerely regret that your husband (whose review I have separately responded to) and you did not enjoy your stay with us. We have been trying to contact you to find out more details and address your feedback.
A part of the charm of our resort is that we are integrated with our surroundings - a quaint Goan village and natural greenery that was retained when the hotel was constructed. I apologise for your experience at breakfast as the resort was busy that morning. Your comments about the in-room dining clearance and late check-out are noted. We are very flexible with guests requesting a late check-out, but unfortunately on this instance we were unable to comply as your room was blocked for another guest arriving that afternoon.
I would urge you to consider, also based on the other reviews on this forum, that your own experience was an aberration and not typical of our resort. I would be delighted to welcome you back in future.

Best regards,

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this property for 3 days in diva suites. Room is clean and good. You can hear loads of noise in morning time, it has two outside houses in the property. If you request any room service please expect unlimited delays. Cleaning staff will keep ringing the bell until you open the door in frustration. Hotel management is very rude and all good point of property goes in vain due to such experience.

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank devesh_dubey
I am very sorry that your wife (who has also shared a separate review) and you had a poor experience from your stay with us. Please be assured that your feedback has been taken very seriously for corrective action. We are also trying to contact you to address your concerns.

Best regards,

Kolhapur, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is my second visit to this hotel. Like the first visit, the ambience, atmosphere of this hotel is just like natural one. The check in process was smooth. We were welcomed by refreshing cold towel and a cold drink. The swimming pool is large and overlooks the green fields beyond. It is really enjoyable with clean water. The rooms are large and clean, with bathroom in the same room area ( and partitions to separate it from main room). The towels are clean. The housekeeping service was prompt. The cuisine is just like any other star hotel and we could not find any special mouth-watering or must-taste dish; good food but just the routine. The attitude of staff, I found is neutral, neither friendly nor unfriendly, unlike my first visit two years ago. The rooms are dimly lit and actually it was a gloomy and depressing feeling in the evening when I was alone in the room. The electric switches in the room for controlling lighting are confusing. The positive point is the wifi was complimentary, but the signal in my room was very weak; but quite fast at other places. The check out process was time consuming. After settling bills, we had to wait for almost half hour for our luggage and still it did not arrive and we landed up again with reception and took back room keys, went up to room and got the luggage ourselves. And another fifteen minutes to get our car. Here also the valet driver was not available and we were handed back our car keys and told (not apagogically) to get the car ourselves, which we did without any fuss. After all we were out now.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SSavkur_GM, General Manager at Alila Diwa Goa, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
I appreciate your taking the time to share your review. We welcome guest feedback as the most effective tool to improve our services so thank you for your comments. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our resort.

Pune, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed at Alila Diwa for 3 days in July'14, this time on a company group tour. Had stayed here in March on a personal trip and had a wonderful time. This time was even better. We were in a group of 150 with around 55 rooms and didnt have too many issues. The pool is toe die for. Absolutely amazing and even better than the Taj Exotica next door. We had a lovely room in the west wing which was lovely. The rooms are huge with massive bath tubs and nice private sitouts.
Now the issues we faced:
1. I felt that the staff behavior towards guests in a group tour differs from that to other guests. I personally felt that too as i have stayed as both
2. The front desk ladies seem really cheesed off most of the times - anything but welcoming or pleasant
3. Noone helped us to our rooms during checkin, which is strange - we dragged our own luggage
4. Food still needs to be improved
5. Cycles on rent are way too expensive - 250 bucks for 2 hours for bicycles in Goa where you can rent a scooter for 300 for the whole day is absurd

I still suggest you rent the cycles as riding on the beach in the rains is an awesome experience

Would still rate the hotel a 4 on 5. Its just the small service issues that i have mentioned above that makes me not give it a 5. Hope to go back one day :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your very detailed review of our resort. I sincerely regret that we fell short of your, and our own, standards. We have noted your feedback and you can be assured that we are working to ensure that this does not happen again. I hope that you will notice more exciting improvements at the resort on your next visit.

Pune
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I spent 3 days at the Alila Diwa Goa and absolutely loved it. The property is beautiful and the infinity pool overlooking the paddy fields is my favorite place within the hotel. What makes the experience really special are the little surprises the staff throws in for its guests like preparing a special bath or creative towel art in the rooms while you are away.

The spa is a must visit. Beautifully done up with attached outdoor rain showers, the staff is very well trained and customizes treatments as per your needs.

Among the restaurants, I really enjoyed Spice Studio. They have a nice mix of different indian cuisines and innovative martinis like a Kokum Martini. For people who love breakfast, I highly recommend the all day breakfast menu at the Bistro. It has yummy waffles and salmon benedict.

All in all, it's been one of my best stays in Goa.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Location
1 Thank Medha2013
It is wonderful to know that we were able to make your stay memorable. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our resort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salcette District
Grand Hyatt Goa
Grand Hyatt Goa
#1 of 2 in Bambolim
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,031 reviews

Been to Alila Diwa Goa? Share your experiences!