Alila Diwa Goa
Goa Villagio Resort(Betalbatim)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$74
US$126
US$106
Agoda.com
Jasminn by Mango Hotels(Betalbatim)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$56
  • Breakfast included
OYO 6491 Martins Comfort(Salcette)(Great Value!)
US$27
Amigo Plaza(Salcette)(Great Value!)
US$217
Agoda.com
Carina Beach Resort(Benaulim)(Great Value!)
US$29
Sandray Resort(Sernabatim)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Coconut Grove(Salcette)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,148 results
All reviewsinfinity poolpaddy fieldsedge barspice studioterrace roommini theatremartins cornervivo restaurantbeautiful hotelwest wingspice restaurantshuttle busshuttle servicekids clubthe main hotelmain poolclub room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We have loved coming to the Alila Diwa since its opening in 2009.
A few days ago, we organised a celebration of 50 people at the hotel.
Below is my letter to the hotel.

Dear Siddharth and Kamaljit,

Words cannot begin to describe the experience we have had at Alila!
Simply marvelous, absolutely wonderful and truly memorable just begin to scratch the surface.

The Diwa wing was wonderful as usual. Our guests were very impressed by the quality of the rooms. Breakfast was outstanding as was the service by the pool. The service provided by Gautam and his team of people at the Bistro including Ravindra, Avito, Dipvesh, Colin and the others was truly remarkable. (apologies if I have missed out anyone)
The front desk service at Diwa ensured that every detail of planning was executed with precision and our guests received the perfect welcome and farewell. The personal touch by the front desk team (Juhi, Shaheen, Crista, Rajiv and others whose names I cannot remember) was unbelievable and they went beyond the call of of duty to look after us. Shaheen helped my wife pack all the welcome baskets and Juhi organized another member of the staff to accompany my elderly aunts on their city tour! Kudos to the housekeeping team who maintained an superlative standard of service throughout our stay.

The staff at the Vivo restaurant under the guidance of Saurabh (especially Nikhil and Royston) was very polite and efficient and oked after our large family very well during lunch.
Our guests were enthralled with the service at the Spa and the massages by the poolside. Full credit to the Alila spa team must be given.

Both our dinners at Spice Studio were wonderful. The service by Shubhay and his team yet again was exemplary. Our guests thoroughly enjoyed the food.

The party at the Ballroom was very well organized and the food was wonderful. Full credit to Franklin and his team for ensuring the party was a success!

My mother has been so touched by the warmth of the staff who ensured she felt special on her Birthday weekend. The proverbial “icing on the cake” of course was such a wonderful and special gift which she has truly appreciated.

Special mention of course must be made for the exemplary service provided by
1. Chef Amit and his team for the gourmet food we all enjoyed.
2. Siddharth Madvaikar who assisted in all the planning and correspondence these last few months.
3. Sylvestor who superbly managed the Diwa team and worked tirelessly during our stay to ensure our every need was fulfilled.

An amazing performance by the entire Alila team spearheaded by both of you!

I can assure you that this kind of service is rarely seen in any hotel in the world. We will certainly continue to return to our home in Goa for years to come!

Room Tip: All the rooms in the Diwa wing are simply luxurious and wonderful!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
SSavkur_GM, General Manager at Alila Diwa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for your very flattering review! It is wonderful to know that we were able to make the occasion memorable for you and your family. I will ensure that your praise is shared with the team. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our resort.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Located along Gonsua Beach, Alila Diwa Goa offers rooms with sweeping views of the paddy fields in South Goa. Its 5-star facilities include 4 dining options, an outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi.

Spacious units feature a private terrace and modern Goan décor. Each well-appointed room has a seating area with a 40-inch flat-screen TV, and a private bathroom with a standalone bathtub.

Alila Diwa is a 20-minute drive from Airport.

One can enjoy a relaxing body massage at Spa Alila,

I visited 24-hour Vivo restaurant for Indian food. The look from out side looks very simple and small but otherwise property is big and spread Horizontally.

Room Tip: Did not stay hence can not suggest
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
SSavkur_GM, General Manager at Alila Diwa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

I appreciate your taking the time to share your review. It is wonderful to know that we were able to make your stay memorable. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our resort.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was our 3rd stay in Alila Diwa & I must say it was our best. I can now say that the hotel is the best 5 Star property in Goa. While it doesn't have the grandness of Leela or a Hyatt & doesn't have a direct beach access, it does make up with great service, awesome food & outstanding Rooms.

While we booked the Alila Wing, we were upgraded to the Diwa Wing. The Diwa wing comes with its own privileges - All day Breakfast, Diwa only Pool, Bigger & Better rooms.

I must mention that the F&B quality is brilliant. Whether it be India or International cuisine, the food quality, taste & variety is amazing. They have a superb Lounge which offers amazing cocktail concoctions & bar food which is good too.

I have never been disappointed at Alila Diwa & everytime has been great. I truly enjoy staying here & I am sure Ill be back soon.

Room Tip: The Diwa Wing Rooms are amongst the best 5 Star Rooms globally
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
SSavkur_GM, General Manager at Alila Diwa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for your very flattering review! I am delighted to learn that you had a good stay with us. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our resort.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

V went in a big group here on the 15th August weekend..the hotel is a small property with average rooms..they conned us with the name of family terrace rooms being bigger and better than the terrace rooms..we payed the extra amount and then saw they were same kind of rooms more or less..the buffet food was pathetic every time..only the ice creams were good in the whole spread of buffet..for the tariffs that we payed here..I think we could hv got better properties..

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
SSavkur_GM, General Manager at Alila Diwa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your review. I am disappointed that you did not find value in your experience with us. Our Family Terrace Rooms are very popular with families because of the availability of a daybed and direct access to a garden patio. These factors are clear differences from a Terrace Room which is our base room category. I regret that you did not enjoy the quality of the buffet and we constantly work on improving our food and beverage offerings. I hope that you will notice improvements on your next trip.

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2014

The property is very nice and the interiors are great, but there is nothing else which is good about the hotel. Though the interiors were good, but everything is designed in a very complicated manner, specially light switches. You will have to spend some time to understand how they fucntion.
We had gone there, on the long weekend of 15th August 2014 and the hotel was fully occupied, but they did not have sufficient staff to cater to all the guest. Service was very slow and the quality of food was pathetic.
During buffet, one had to stand in long queues at live counters to get the food made of their choice. The Buffet spread was very bad and there were hardly any dishes which were good in taste.
I would suggest other places in goa over Alila Diwa, as they do not have, what a lot of other hotels in goa would offer. The beach was not walkable, one had to take a shuttle from the hotel, everytime one wants to go to the beach. They did not have any tie ups with any car hire places, i. e. if you want to hire a self driven car, you dont have any option. There is no such option available nearby also, if you want to explore such options on your own. We had a drop facility to the airport as a part of our package, but they delayed that also because they were so disorganized. Some of the positive points about the hotel would be that they gave quite good discount vouchers as a part of our deal. But I would not reccomend this place to anyone visiting goa...

Room Tip: You can choose a room which is pool facing
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Swatikmr

I am very sorry that you had a poor experience during your recent stay with us. Indeed, we were full house during the long Independence Day weekend as were most resorts across Goa. In an effort to reduce inconvenience to our guests, we had set up breakfast and lunch buffets at Spice Studio as well (apart from the regular setup at Vivo). Many of our guests appreciated this initiative, however I understand your own experience was different. We will continue to find ways to improve in this area.

The beach is a 600-metre comfortable walk away, through the quaint village and past lush green paddy fields. We also provide a shuttle service from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. should guests prefer not to walk. The other points that you have highlighted are also noted for corrective action, wherever possible. I appreciate your complimenting the design and interiors of the resort.

Best regards,