“So so - would not have stayed there had not been for wedding”

Bollywood Sea Queen Beach Resort
Ranked #30 of 39 Hotels in Salcette
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We stayed here 3 nights for a wedding. Rooms were just marginal - air conditioning sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. Showers were weak pressured and toilets got stuffed up easily. Internet sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. Staff did try to accommodate but the amount of people there made it difficult. The swimming pool was very shallow but refreshing and they also did a decent enough job for breakfast. Curious how they do when the hordes of Russian tourists arrive later this month.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dmlandis

Reviewed 6 April 2011

I did not actually stay at this hotel but visited to enquire about the use of the spa and massage facilities. When we arrived it looked hopeful as all treatments were reduced to half price. We walked through the hotel and immediately saw the run down and neglected state of the hotel. The pool was filthy, the sun beds were also filthy and poorly maintained and everything was in a dreadful state. We were shown into the treatment centre to be greeted by a frightened looking emaciated girl and her male collegue. It was in a disgusting state and we quickly left. I just feel sorry for anyone that had the misfortune to be booked into this hotel

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank julia15w
Reviewed 15 March 2011

Avoid this place if you can. I stayed one night because I was too tired to find somewhere else. I washed at the handbasin as the bath was too filthy to stand in to take a shower. The staff seemed very pleasant and the views from the hotel were over open fields. It is also very close to the beach. None of that makes up for the disgraceful state of the place. I left as early as I could check out in the morning.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank DavidBloodaxe
Reviewed 9 January 2011

I read the reviews before I booked and thought that for money that I was paying it was worth a try, thinking value for moeny. However, When we got to the hotel we were shocked at the poor quality of the rooms and thought there must be a mistake. We contacted the tour operator immediately and was put in one of their best rooms, which was only a slight improvement.

The main points were the unhygienic bathrooms, the showerhead was filthy and there was grim around the toilet and wash basin. The bed was made every day but the sheets were not changed every day. The bed was very uncomfortably, a thin mattress on a hard wooden base. There were constant blackouts, almost daily and the air conditioning worked sporadically. The swimming pool was more like a water feature without the features. I never saw anybody in the pool, which is unusual.

Good points were that the beach was across the road and the staff was pleasant, polite and responded to all our requests in appropriate manner.

Please do not book that hotel, there are better hotels in the same area.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TomCadore
Reviewed 2 January 2011

I stayed at this hotel in December 2010. We arrived early morning and were told our room would not be ready until 9am. This was madness as we paid for an additional day inadvance so that our room would be ready on time. After arguing with the hotel staff we were finally given a standard room which was horrible and was not what we booked. After 3 days of trying to get the room we booked online (a double room with balcony), we were given a another room, which wasnt all that. The shower had no curtain and the shower nose would not move which it hard to shower properly. The only advantage of staying at this hotel was the fact that the beach was across the road, which was nice. The hotel does not look like the website states. The hotel caters mostly for Russians and not British people. Over all a horrible hotel to stay in. Evening entertainment is catered for the Russian people. The breakfast was always cold and oh I forgot to say that the electicity kept going out. The air conditioning use to stay on for no longer than 30 min and cut out. The fan made so much noise it was hard to sleep at night. It almost felt like you was sleeping outside an airport. The worst thing I experienced was somebody stole a jacket from my room. When I contronted the hotel manager, he laughed and said how could I be sure I brought a jacket with me. He was very rude and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Rude staff, rooms are like a 1 star and food was always cold. Do not stay here, there are many better hotels on the same road that are cleaner and although you are paying a extra £10 per night, do it and pay the extra.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank UK98
Reviewed 20 May 2010

I had booked thru net and i suffered a lot. Please dont look at the Pics available on NET. Everything is very dusty and service was so poor that need to take food from outside.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank peps_007
Reviewed 18 March 2010

Comfortable and clean rooms, excellent room service.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salcette
Longuinhos Beach Resort
#20 of 39 in Salcette
Nanu Resort Goa
Nanu Resort Goa
#1 of 6 in Betalbatim

Been to Bollywood Sea Queen Beach Resort? Share your experiences!