“Attractive clean hotel near railway station”
Review of Hotel Ritz Inn

Hotel Ritz Inn
Ranked #40 of 159 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Madison, Wisconsin
“Attractive clean hotel near railway station”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The hotel is a short walk from the railway station although complimentary pickup was efficient and welcome. The hotel and room was attractive and modern with all the amenities that we normally look for except tea/coffee maker. Breakfast was good. We also had dinner at the hotel restaurant - good. Everything was as advertised except we were not offered return transport to railway station (which we expected based on email conversation). We walked and it was not a big deal but are in our 60s and navigating the traffic was a small problem. Regardless we would recommend this hotel and would stay here again! Impressed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Hannah W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed at a hotel "Moti Mahal" next door at the start of the trip due to the proximity of the train station and decided to go for this hotel at the end of the trip which we noticed when we took a walk in the area. We felt very unsafe in Moti mahal. This hotel made us feel very welcome instead.
It had a veg restaurant underneath and a bakery. It is extremely well kept and we walked in without a booking which is the same price even if we would have booked before. Very good A/C rooms with adjustable controls, comfy clean bed and nicely kept bath( yes a bath, which is rare). Bathroom ceilings could do with a bit of refurbishment. It was situated in a very noisy area but we didn't hear a sound inside. Airport drop was complimentary and was comfortable. Wifi is a problem as you need an Indian phone and a registration to be done every 24hrs but the hotel staff helped with it. Big Indian breakfast was complimentary which we didn't realise and slept longer due to comfy bed but we got a call before it closed asking if we were aware there was a breakfast which was very nice of them as they made everything fresh again after closing time and it was a huge selection of Indian and Continental items. Complimentary newspaper and toiletries given everyday. Reception didn't know much about tourism which is a shame but offered to book a car if needed. Great customer service otherwise and thoroughly recommendable.

• Stayed October 2013
7 Thank RoopaLutzenberger
Francestown, New Hampshire
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Very nice and conveniently located property. The hotel was very well commercially located as well. Rooms were clean ,spacious and linen was crisp. complementary services also added up to my overall enjoyable experience. Surely would recommend hotel Ritz Inn.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 414 non smoking
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
10 Thank Nigeltucci
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Arrived in Ahmedabad by a train arriving early in the morning. I was almost sure that the complimentary pick up from the hotel would be late. I was pleasantly surprised - the person assigned to meet me called me twice before the train pulled into the station. He gave me very precise instructions on where to wait. He was there almost as soon as I did.

The hotel is less than a 5 minute drive from the station. As we neared the hotel, I noticed that we were in a street with industrial shops selling bearings and other hardware. However, as soon as I stepped into the hotel, I knew I had chosen well. There is a quiet professional air about the lobby and the reception. Sure enough, check in was very smooth. Another surprise was that check out was 24 hours, instead of 12 noon. This was great, as otherwise, I would have had to pay for an early check in.

The rooms are spacious, and well equipped. It could do with a tea maker. However as room service is 24 hours, it did not matter much. The toilet is clean and all the plumbing works ! I loved the Neem soap, the shampoo and the shower gel - they are good enough to take home (which I am not ashamed to say - I did). Wifi is complimentary and fast.

Breakfast was really great. A variety of cut fruits. There was also Sprouted gram and yoghurt - lots of it. And of course - Dhokla and Puris and idlis and vadais..... The restaurant serves only vegetarian food, but it is so good - you do not miss the non- vegetarian.

Service was prompt and courteous. I enjoyed my stay here and would certainly come again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
9 Thank SureshWilliams
Tirupati, India
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Good budget hotel. Service is cery good.location looks and feels old city.Very near to railway
Station.restaurant and service is quite good.For staying solo is good , but for families may be considered some hotel located in decent location may be considered

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Prasadtvp
Reviewed 14 June 2013

A lovely clean art deco hotel in the centre of Ahmedabad. The best part was the room were enough spacious and the bed provided motherly comfort after a busy sunny day also the veg food served was good enough. The neighbourhood seem very busy but once inside the hotel it's a complete different world altogether. Would very much recommend.

• Stayed June 2013
15 Thank sukumar1
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Had a very comfortable stay and enjoyed the overall hospitality at Ritz inn hotel. Rooms and bath area are very spacious, quiet and clean. Wifi service was offered complementary and had a very good surfing downloading speed which saved a lot of money for me also the complementary airport transfer added to my savings. It is quiet a pocket friendly hotel from my perspective providing all the luxury of a three star hotel.

• Stayed June 2013