“our booking was ignored...adamant and arrogant staff !!!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shahibaug Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ahmedabad
Shahibaug Hotel
Ranked #89 of 154 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“our booking was ignored...adamant and arrogant staff !!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Well...We had started our journey from here and had stayed here to catch a bus to rajasthan the next day!
Our first stay was good, clean and spacious rooms, friendly staff and very co-operative!
asking us to write good reviews on trip advisor.....LOL !!

Here i go with the reality.....
While we were in jodhpur we had called up the hotel and was assured there were rooms available when we arrive and we could choose from 3 categories and the rate was what we paid during our first stay.. After a 11 hour bustrip we arrived at the hotel just after midnight and were told there was no room available. I was also told a reservation in my name has not been made, not true because I myself had made the reservation over the phone and my name was spelled for them to write down. What a nightmare to arrive in ahmedabad around midnight really tired and then to learn there is no room. after alot of arguemnt they agreed to give us one room available paying a higher amount. the room was smelly, verrrrrryyyy dirty, smelly bedsheets, dirty bathroom with broken taps....I just like to add that we usually write more about any positives than negatives. I found the nightstuff's ignorance appalling as they didn,t have the slightest interest of maybe suggesting where to find a place for the night or just helping out with a good room.... we were given cold daal chawal for dinner which they dint even bother to warm it for the guest....how rude!!! We had no choice but to stay in this room as it was midnight and no other hotels were nearby, we dint find it safe to roam around with bags like a wanderer..

After a bad sleep..or no sleep.. we go to the hotel restaurant for breakfast. only to know all rooms were having complimentary breakfasts except ours! On asking y did they do so.. they said we never mentioned bf was included...while we did have bf during our first stay included in the rate lower trhan what we paid now. they said we gave it only coz u were a first time guest..
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN >???? becoz we had a good stay before... is this how u treat your guests who come back to you... like a beggar ?? we were shood of the reception desk.

then a man came upto us saying u can checkout by 11 am, NO THANKS!
we would prefer spending hours at the waiting room at the platform which is much much better, clean than your hotel,

Thanks and No thanks... will never come back and advise all those who would prefer to stay here... to never stay here !!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

nice budget hotel.this is a heritage hotel looks charming from outside. the hotel has a standard crowd and is located in very safe and standard place. this hotel provides free wifi which was very helpful for my business purpose.rooms are very much spacious and safe. hotel service is bit average but the staff is very much friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank AMIT893
Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

The look from the outside looks pretty charming, and that was the reason for me to go. It still has a bit of it, but sadly, the management seems to not bother about the cleanliness, maintenance and most of all, happiness of the customers. I had to have the sheets change twice to have clean ones for example. The bathrooms look old and not really maintained. When i was there, it seems I was the only customer. And sadly, the management is very slow, not really professional, and don't want to compromise when you ask for something a bit different from usual. I was on a business trip and needed to have someone working with me inside the room, for example, and that was totally impossible. We had to rent another place to sort out the problem. The stubbornness of the management was quite appalling.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Louseb1

Travellers are raving about these Ahmedabad hotels

Vapi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

It is a nice budget hotel to stay. Well spacious rooms, quite and pollution free environment with mystic feeling. I have booked the hotek due to its mystic look and realy we enjoyed it. But the hotel is lack of good customer service and room management. During the stay in the hotel being as the first time traveller to Gujarat Ahmedabad, the hotel staff must pay due care to the customerss needs and requirement carefully and to extend full support in this regard. The hotel does not have provision for hot water in evening only morning available till 12 AM. TV sets and ACs in some rooms are old and hotel rooms in 1st fllor needs improvement.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank skkardel
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

It's abit tricky to write a review when you actually haven't stayed there. During our stay in Jodhpur the owner of our hotel phoned the shahibaug and was assured there were rooms available when we arrive and we could choose from 3 categories. After an 11 hour bustrip we arrived at the hotel just after midnight and were told there was no room available. I was also told a reservation in my name has not been made, not true because I was present when the reservation over the phone was made and my name was spelled for them to write down. What a nightmare to arrive in ahmedabad around midnight really tired and then to learn there is no room. I just like to add that we usually write more about any positives than negatives. I found the nightstuff's ignorance appalling as they didn,t have the slightest interest of maybe suggesting where to find a place for the night. We finally found a room in cama hotel and that was quite an experience as well.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a back up hotel just in case.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank alexandenne
Bareilly, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Its a nice feel to be in shahibaug. The rooms are spacious, reasonably priced , with good service and friendly staff. It was the start of our trip and left a very good first impression of the state of gujarat. keep up the good work.The good part was when I was booking, they told me telephonically that rooms are easily available and they blocked my booking without any payment. On reaching the place they showed me all the rooms and asked me to choose.Had I booked earlier, I might not have been able to upgrade my stay looking at the rooms.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank drashishagarwal
jerusalem
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Large , clean comfortable rooms and bathrooms. Good area, near to where I needed to be, and pretty quiet - except that outside my bathroom on a neighbouring building was a huge generator which made an awful noise when it was working. To be fair, I didn't ask for another room.
There's a large courtyard area and even garden which are not in use at all, but the kitchen and dining room are banished to a dungeon-like space in the basement which is quite unappetising.
I didn't feel like eating breakfast alone in my room.
It's a magnificent old building in a good area, which could have a great atmosphere if it was given a bit more respect, and the garden and terrace space made use of.

Room Tip: Maybe a corner room away from the generator.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo