“Terrible. Pathetic, Sick people.”
Review of Pinnacle Hotel

Pinnacle Hotel
Ranked #57 of 161 Hotels in Ahmedabad
“Terrible. Pathetic, Sick people.”
Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

Didn't clarify on the call that marriage certificate would be required as a proof for staying in the hotel.
My booking was done a month back over the phone and was asked to bring id proof having address mentioned over it. When I reached at the hotel today the receptionist started arguing and demanded for our marriage certificates and misbehaved. Although we were having id proof of both of us.
Pathetic, will never go over there again and also not recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Ankur7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Coimbatore, India
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Hai we stayed upwith hotel pinnacle for a week time its a quite good and average hotel with cute staffs and restaurants are ok with their average taste food.Overall its a nice hotel for short journey and business class persons.

Room Tip: east side rooms are quieter
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank arun1983
Tokyo
Reviewed 13 August 2011

BE CAREFUL TO UR BILL
I had knew that I did not receive my change and since it is so small money. but to check the nature of this hotel I just looked what was going on. Then he did not. Local people often say to us (over-sea travelers) it is VERYsmall money, though they bed their life to gain this amount of money. I never say I need 20 rps. I usually give much more amount to even the boy to bring to tea to my room, I give him usually more than 100 rps, I know they get so small money from the boss. But I write this because I like to tell what sort of nature of this hotel is.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Brendon H

Travellers are raving about these Ahmedabad hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Stayed here for four nights. We had 2 rooms, one was a twin which was a bit small and dark, but my wife and I had an amazing suite overlooking the large roundabout. This was very noisy, but what made up for it was watching all the goings on outside the window. Traffic chaos, mysterious people wandering about, camel carts mixing it with buses, it was better than television. Not getting much sleep probably wouldn't suit most people though. The location is excellent, can get to most sites easily, and walking distance to the old Muslim town and Law gardens. Ellisbridge area is really nice with lovely old homes and historic buildings. No restaurant but theres a great South Indian cafe on the approaches to the bridge. room service was reasonable. The one problem is the hotel's ridiculous 24 hour check in policy. I don't know why hotels do this. Our son arrived from Mumbai before us at 7am so had to vacate at this time, which we were unaware of, whilst we had a late afternoon time. Luckily the desk people weren't too tough and gave us a good half day room offer. But it must be a nightmare for the desk staff too as they never seemed to know what rooms were available each day.

Room Tip: Suite is great if you like watching the circus outside, but not if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Travelpossums
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We stayed there twice, you could bargain for a better price than what they have put up in their site.

Good- Value for money, right next to Town Hall/Ellis Bridge, Clean & Comfortable rooms.

Ugly - Really bad service, I wonder if anyone around gives you a smile.

The hotel is just few km away from all the happening places around. I might go again just for the price & the location.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank hobbot
New York, NY
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Was definitely one of the worse hotels of my India trip. Arriving in the hotel room, you are bombarded by the smell of mothballs (I think I threw away 8 mothballs from my room over the course of four days). Second, the staff kindly placed me in a corner room that was closest to the main road. The noise was unbearable from 8am until 10pm. Room service was extremely poor, requiring 3-4 calls before finally coming up. Finally, I asked for my clothes to be washed only to have an article returned stained-the hotel berated me for asking for money, saying that any refund would come out of the pocket of the washer. What kind of policy is this?!! The only positive thing about this hotel was the fact that it is very conveniently located next to Town Hall. However, this fact does not make up for all the negative attributes of this hotel. Do not stay here if you can avoid it!

Room Tip: Get a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank AmericanTourist78
Calangute, India
Reviewed 1 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel for just one night, and the experience was really good..the rooms very clean, very nicely priced also...but the place is a bit far from the airport, station too is not very close by...

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family