“A very pleasant surprise !”

Courtyard Ahmedabad
Ranked #1 of 161 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I have come to Ahmedabad on a relatively longer trip ( 12 days) and was not really expecting a very nice accommodation on my limited budget, but Courtyard by Marriott came as a very pleasant surprise. Their long stay offer, which I discovered on internet, is really excellent value of money, and those little extras like complimentary breakfast, complimentary internet and complimentary laundry are really very useful.

Rooms are spacious and very well maintained, breakfast buffet menu is interesting and fairly comprehensive, and public areas are well maintained but above all this, very nice and helpful staff makes all the difference. Two incidents make special mention. On my day one in the hotel, I was in the breakfast buffet, and as I was getting late, I was hurriedly leaving the buffet after gulping down a glass of carrot juice. The young staffer at the juice counter noticed this, and having noted my hurry to leave for office without completing breakfast, politely asked me whether she could pack some croissants, muffins and fruits which I could eat on my way to office. And within less than two minutes, I had packed breakfast in my hands. It was not only a touching gesture but also a good helping and extremely useful help. Second instance worth a mention is very helpful 'at your service' phone help which was a one window help for almost everything. I had some difficulty with internet. Gaurav did help me with this, and a day later, even followed up to make sure that everything is working fine. Housekeeping staff and everyone coming in touch with you is quite polite and professional. My wife, who joined me in middle of the trip, was also very happy with attentive and courteous staff, and particularly with south Indian touch to breakfast buffet.

On the negative side, perhaps room service menus could offer more variety and food a little less spicy generally.

Excellent value for money. I am very delighted to be here and would strongly recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Not sure why I did not think of asking for a king bed instead of twin bed room but anyway, it was comfortable. The spread for breakfast, meeting room facilities, ambience and the restaurants were all good.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Courtyard by Marriott at Ahmedabad is as good as my another home. I never counted how many times I stayed here but always same warm welcome and great hospitality. Hotel is located little away from airport and old city but strategically placed at centre of growing Ahmedabad which fulfils your all requirements. Nearby you can visit nice malls, shopping places and a very nice Iscon temple. Also it is on the High way which takes most of the people to their work places. Hotel rooms are specious luxurious and equipped with modern amenities. The lounge at 6th floor is very nice place to spend time and do your work along with. In the reception you will find a nice restaurant for your breakfast and meals. Also a special vegetarian restaurant on first floor ( Shakahari ). Hotel staff is too helpful and caring.
For safety reasons, I also like the security system and their overall governance.
The O2 Spa at second floor and adjacent to Gym are worth places for your relaxation and fittness.
Moreover, you can earn points for your Reward account    :-).
Worth to stay if you are visiting Ahmedabad for any reason.

Room Tip: Go for higher floors and room not connecting to other rooms. Rooms on western side of the floor are...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
CYMarriottAhmedabad, General Manager at Courtyard Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking out the time to give us your honest feedback! I am indeed delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us each time you come to Ahmedabad. I am glad to learn that you find our rooms comfortable and our associates hospitable and caring. I shall be sure to convey your kind words of appreciation to them.
We look forward to extending our services and surpassing your expectations the next time you visit us in the future!

Warm regards,
Prashanth Kumar

Reviewed 25 April 2013 via mobile

Wonderful room. Very very comfortable and huge beds. Great hotel. Great conference room. Dining area is also ok. Good food. Good service. One draw back that it is very far from the airport. But nonetheless a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Stayed for 3 nights, food was good but expensive.
Breakfast was good. Room service was prompt and good.
Found errors in billing, which were courteously rectified. Hiring a vehicle from hotel was found to be very expensive.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

Overall the place to stay in Ahmedabad .
Had great room package including free wi fi, 2 way hotel transfer, 2 pcs laundry per day and breakfast .
As came with family ( 2 infanta) the staff were extra attentive and willing to help when necessary.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Room 522. Good view. Nice room. Food in Momo cafe was good - I had the buffet each time. And room service was good and prompt. They had Thai week on as well so got to mix with Thai desserts. Got mild delhi belly & hotel organised doctor and antibiotics! Staff were courteous & helpful. Good chinese restaurant in Mall down the road. Only drawback if you like to sleep late is the temple on the corner - bells and drums at 6 am. I don't, so no worry. Plenty of bottled water.
No close to tourist stuff but I was there for work so that was ok.
Bed and pillows were really good for me - and I am fussy re these.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business