Courtyard Ahmedabad
  • Breakfast included
US$68
US$59
Priceline
The House of MG(Ahmedabad)
US$86
US$85
US$63
Agoda.com
1,203 results
All reviewsmomo cafewhite rannbay leafbayleaf restaurantthe executive loungeexcellent servicef bcoffee shopspecial thanksthe entire staffkeep up the good workhis teamhome away from homegreat hospitalitydelicious foodrooms are spaciousbreakfast buffet
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The best place to be in Amdavad. I stayed @ Marriott for 10 wonderful days.

Breakfast: Wholesome, belly-filling, sumptuous. Variety ranges from South Indian, Continental, Japanese, North Indian, Gujarati. Fresh juices of your choice are also served.

Room and Service: Spacious, well maintained. Health faucet near the closet would be more convenient. Little bit of paper work made me feel I am in abroad :) View of the city from 6th floor is awesome.

Swimming Pool: Neat and Tidy. Depth of the pool could have been bit deeper. 4 feet is a shortcoming.

Dinner @ Shakahari: Felt like a king. Dinner served in class. Enjoyed the mouth watering feast.

Other Services: Newspaper delivered on time. TV had all channels. Wish to have HD channels as well. Room service kept my place spic and span.

How to reach the Hotel: Applecabs or by Auto-riskshaw or BRTS (Hotel is near Ramdev Nagar Stop), AMTS bus (If you can read and speak little bit of Gujarati)

Conclusion: Best place to pamper yourself.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the BRTS stop is very good. Little bit of honking may annoy you. I wasn't though top most floor was too good.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
CYMarriottAhmedabad, General Manager at Courtyard Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for taking out the time to give us your valuable feedback. I am delighted to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us. Such excellent feedback is the biggest reward for our associates who put in their best to ensure each and every guest at our hotel is taken care of. I have also taken note of your suggestion with regard to health faucets in guest rooms and I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we have indeed installed health faucets in some guestrooms. Our associates at the front desk have taken note of your preference and would be pleased to offer a room with a health faucet the next time you stay with us.
Thank you once again for your kind words of appreciation and we do hope we get the chance to be of service to you again in the near future!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Very friendly staff, clean rooms and the most amazing location. The rooms and hotel in general, are clean and well kept. Our room was not the most oppulent, but it was large, clean with a well equipped bathroom and very comfortable. It was more than adequate for our purpose. Restaurant had a good local reputation.Saying this I would stay in this hotel again, for its location and the friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
CYMarriottAhmedabad, General Manager at Courtyard Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

At the onset, I would like to thank you for taking out the time to give us your honest feedback. I am truly delighted to learn that your stay with us was comfortable and that you were well taken care of by our associates. The fact that you recommend us to other travellers and also intend to return to our hotel is indeed our biggest reward! We thank you once again for you kind words of appreciation and look forward to extending our hospitality to you once again in the near future!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 22 June 2013

I chose this Marriott due to brand loyalty and because I ate here on a previous stay in the city at another hotel. The room was fine. But they did two stupid things. The van was at the airport to pick up another passenger but would not take me because I did not reserve it. Fine...took a taxi in. For a fairly new hotel, a bit of minor decay is starting to settle in. But the food and service, breakfast, and room amenities were all OK. No issue inside. I made the mistake of trying to use the pool...unfortunately the area is infested and I mean overrun with pigeons who almost caused me to drown when they swooped down on the pool. These same pigeons are a noisy nuisance as they sit on and frequently crash into your room windows. I would not stay here again unless they solve that pigeon problem...a simple net over the pool area would do it. Few other guests told me the same thing on the way to the airport. Location is good right in town.

Room Tip: Dont use the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank doctorbird41
CYMarriottAhmedabad, General Manager at Courtyard Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking out the time to give us your honest feedback. At the onset, I am extremely sorry you had to face such tremendous inconvenience with regard to our pool. I would like to thank you for your suggestion toward the resolution of the problem and would like to mention that we have already started the process of constructing a screen over the poolside. This shall run from the terrace till the pool, thereby mitigating the nuisance caused by the pigeons. We expect this screen to be installed within the next three weeks.
We do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you once again at Courtyard Marriott Ahmedabad and deliver an experience that is far better than your previous one. I thank you once again for your valuable advice.

Warm regards

Reviewed 16 June 2013

I'd definitely stay here again: very helpful staff who went out of their way to assist with arranging a tour of Ahemedabad and general transport. Acceptable lounge, and the usual standard of Courtyard rooms.

I was a little surprised that the "dry state" rules apply also to this hotel but then rules are rules, and an alcohol free day every now and then is a good thing.

Recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We were only there for a night and they upgraded us to their Suite room. Fantastic views of the whole of Ahmedabad. The room was great and the food that we ordered as room service was excellent. The atmosphere on the terrace, where there is a swimming pool was also great. Pity nobody knew how to start the hot water jacuzzi when I went swimming. The variety of food during breakfast was exquisite. Will definitely stay again. You have to remember that you will never get the service standards in India that you get in the Western world.

Room Tip: Go for the upper floor suite if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family